Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

  1. #51
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,846
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best defense I have seen from George Hill all season. I thought that was the biggest factor in the game. Hill's defense was outstanding
    That was the best defensive performance that I've seen all season from any player in the league. That was a relentless, awesome performance. GHill took some tough pills and pulled the can of woopass out!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  2. #52
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK. Just browsed the boxscore and I have another - albeit minor - gripe.

    Roy - 2 boards ?? Really ?? Did he forget he's 7'2" ??
    I'll re-watch the game shortly (I missed a large part of it because the game started 2 hours before the New Year in Greece and thus I had to leave and celebrate) and I'll try to focus on his rebounding. It happens this time. It's important to note that Roy is almost never the designated rebounder on the defensive end for our team. That's usually the role of our wings. They are the ones that are supposed to go up and grab the rebound after our bigs contest the shot and box out the opposing big man. So, I don't really blame him for that.

    However, Varejao did have 6 offensive rebounds and Tristan Thompson had 4 offensive rebounds so a minor gripe for that is probably fair.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    I don't see why some people say that Lance had a below par game, by the way. Sure, he didn't score 20+ points but he didn't took 15 shots either. He missed all of the 3s that he took but he had a pretty good game apart from that. Oh, and he only had 4 rebounds instead of his usual 6-7 but that's mostly because he picked up some quick fouls and played a little less than he usually does (he played 32 minutes and his average for this month is 35.3 minutes). I mean, he did have 8 assists and 0 turnovers. That's pretty awesome.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't care if Lance "steals" rebounds, unless its making West and Hibbert angry. Which sometimes it does. Lance will come flying in from no where and grab a board that they would have had easily.

    I don't think it matters much. Lance is just am aggressive player. He grabs the board and runs. Which is good.
    Lance will come flying from no where to grab a board on both sides of the court. Ever since Vogel told him to crash the glass in the playoffs he has become an absolute bulldog that will crash the glass no matter what. He doesn't really care if it's a teammate or an opponent, he will attempt to get the ball. I think that the guys know that and thus they have no problem with it most of the time.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The alternative is that we teach Lance to not be aggressive. Really, at 7'2" and 280lbs, Roy should be way above Lance pulling down boards. But that's not Roy. If Lance wasn't hitting the boards, we wouldn't have a 25-5 record, quite frankly.
    I'm pretty sure that Roy is more than able to grab a lot of rebounds. He has proved this a number of times. But it's always great to have your SG grab as many rebounds as Lance does. It certainly helps Roy because he saves him from the wear and tear.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. #56
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,867

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    When you are getting blocks its hard to get back and rebound, Roy had 5 blocks again today and who knows how many "oh crap Roy is there let me back out of here" blocks. But I would like to see more boards from him.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Great win and close until the 4th quarter. I was at the game and ran into Slick Leonard and got a picture with him so that was icing on the cake.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only that, but on a night where Danny and Paul were largely out there just chucking, Hill was taking some damn good shots. They didn't drop like you'd like to see, but they were almost all very good shots. Just seemed like one of those nights where the shots weren't falling, but he made a perfect decision every time.
    And here's another place where I clearly don't understand "just chucking". DG did shoot 4 threes and missed them, but he hit 3 other shots and went to the line 3 times not on being fouled on the perimeter but heading to or at the basket. I can't think of another player scoring 12 points on 7 shots who would be just a chucker. Isn't it the guys who take twice as many shots as points scored who get that label?

    Therefore, I have to assume this is about the zero assists. All I can say is that Danny was most definitely passing - a couple of times too many if you ask me, since I think he passed up some great shot opportunities in favor of sharing.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  15. #59
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,479

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    The worst player on the court was Anthony Bennett. He has to be one of, if not the worst rookie playing in the league this year. I would seriously rather have Solomon Hill than this guy
    David "And One" West

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  17. #60
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance will come flying from no where to grab a board on both sides of the court. Ever since Vogel told him to crash the glass in the playoffs he has become an absolute bulldog that will crash the glass no matter what. He doesn't really care if it's a teammate or an opponent, he will attempt to get the ball. I think that the guys know that and thus they have no problem with it most of the time.
    Agreed. I still get frustrated when he does it while a Pacer player is about to grab it, though. Especially when it results in the ball popping loose and going out of bounds. But those are the exceptions, not the rule.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #61
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    I love how this team doesn't have to have a great game by any one person to win. The fact that you have to account for every Pacer on the floor on both offense and defense just flat wares the other team out. That is a big reason that the Pacers are so dominate in the 2nd half.

  20. #62

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    FWIW, Lance leads the NBA in rebounds/game for guards at 6.7. The next closest guard averages 5.4/game.

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  22. #63
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. I still get frustrated when he does it while a Pacer player is about to grab it, though. Especially when it results in the ball popping loose and going out of bounds. But those are the exceptions, not the rule.
    Aggressive players just try to get the ball and don't stop to look around to see who else is going after the ball.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  24. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And here's another place where I clearly don't understand "just chucking". DG did shoot 4 threes and missed them, but he hit 3 other shots and went to the line 3 times not on being fouled on the perimeter but heading to or at the basket. I can't think of another player scoring 12 points on 7 shots who would be just a chucker. Isn't it the guys who take twice as many shots as points scored who get that label?

    Therefore, I have to assume this is about the zero assists. All I can say is that Danny was most definitely passing - a couple of times too many if you ask me, since I think he passed up some great shot opportunities in favor of sharing.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    I also wouldn't call any of Danny's shots bad shots. Even though he missed his threes I would want him taking those shots every single time cause I have faith that he would make one or two of those the majority of the time.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  26. #65
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the postgame interview with Roy he admitted that coach vogel was going to give him an earfull over his rebound stats for the game... He said that he spent so much effort trying to keep Verajao boxed out and off the boards...
    He should hear about it...on a night the opposing team shoots 36% from the field, we get outrebounded badly most of the night, and his opposing center grabs 6 offensive rebounds our 7'2" DPOY candidate manages to grab exactly ZERO defensive rebounds in 35 minutes....sorry Roy...love you to death but thats just a bit hard to comprehend...even moreso when you say you spent so much effort trying to keep Varejao boxed out and off the boards...seems you didnt manage that too well nor did you grab a single defensive board....gotta do better...

  27. #66
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And here's another place where I clearly don't understand "just chucking". DG did shoot 4 threes and missed them, but he hit 3 other shots and went to the line 3 times not on being fouled on the perimeter but heading to or at the basket.
    I just think that some people in this forum have demonized the 3 point shot due to JOB's tenure.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. #67
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,041

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW, Lance leads the NBA in rebounds/game for guards at 6.7. The next closest guard averages 5.4/game.
    Obviously. That number would put him in the #6 place for SFs (tied with Evan Turner), in the #21 place for PFs (tied with Terrence Jones) and in the #20 place for Cs. Heck, he is averaging more rebounds than Chris Bosh (6.4).
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •