Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, Lance flies in to snag a rebound coming to Roy away 2-4 times per game, it seems.

No big deal as long as we rebound strong as a team.
    That and we like Lance, so it's OK. Heaven forbid we decide w don't like him, at which point those all suddenly become fake rebounds that only count to stupid statistics followers.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I hated the shot selection, but I'm fine (if we're winning) with PG jacking up shots and saving some wear and tear on his body for the playoffs.

As long as he flips the switch like he did last postseason, I'm fine.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    That and we like Lance, so it's OK. Heaven forbid we decide w don't like him, at which point those all suddenly become fake rebounds that only count to stupid statistics followers.
    I do think that's true, but there is much more benefit to having your ball-handling guard get the rebound than your big slow power forward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great win. The bench really helped us today. DG had the big first half. Scola only had 6 points, but he was hustling hard out there and came up with 9 boards. This guy tries his hardest for every rebound. I love his energy. Mahinmi really played with energy too.

As others have mentioned, PG obviously shot way too many threes, some of them being really ugly misses that bricked off the side of the rim. There was one time where he had Zeller on him. He should have easily blown by him and taken it the hole and either scored or drew a foul, but instead he jacks up some ugly three that clanks off of the rim. That's my biggest criticism of his game. He's had a beautiful improved and effective jumper this season, but there are still plenty of instances where he jacks up a three instead of taking it to the rack.

Glad we saw Roy Olajuwon, though Varejo was superior on the boards. I'd love Varejo on the Pacers.

2013 will go down as a year that Pacer fans will never forget. There was the memorable playoff run in the spring and then the crazy 25-5 start to this season. This franchise has been completely reborn over the last 12 months and has completely regained its stature in the local community. It's a great time to be a Pacers fan.

Let's hope that 2014 is even more memorable.......

Happy New Year.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

always considered Jarrett jack a bigger sized point guard. very stout and strong. seeing him play today vs G Hill.. I realized just how big G Hill is as our point guard.

the guy has a lot of size and defends very well. dude is so underappreciated on here. basically a shooting guard size defending point gaurds... I love the size this team has at all 5 positions.

Good win. Amazing season.

Go Pacers!

Happy New Year!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Kyrie is still not right, MRI tomorrow:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...liers-mri-knee

"When I went back it still didn't feel right," Irving said. "I thought the worst happened. I felt something pop in my knee. I was falling down around all over the place. It was a painful experience. I was praying to God everything was OK. I just have to hope for the best. We'll see what's going on."
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    He's had a beautiful improved and effective jumper this season, but there are still plenty of instances where he jacks up a three instead of taking it to the rack.
    Those aren't the only two options. PG's mid-range game is killer.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

5-0 with Danny Granger

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 8m

Indiana Pacers fans chanted, "Where is Bynum?" The Cleveland Cavaliers' bench cracked up.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    5-0 with Danny Granger
    Looking at the schedule, they could easily go 10-0.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 8m

Indiana Pacers fans chanted, "Where is Bynum?" The Cleveland Cavaliers' bench cracked up.
    Two jokes in one! The second half of that is even funnier than the first half.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I do think that's true, but there is much more benefit to having your ball-handling guard get the rebound than your big slow power forward.
    Or your big center?

I guess I feel like if that were the case no front court guys would be sent to the glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Kyrie is still not right, MRI tomorrow:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...liers-mri-knee
    I don't think its going to be good news for them, I think in the spur of the moment, players play through things they shouldn't, I remember Rondo playing through ACL tear in an overtime game I believe.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly don't care if Lance "steals" rebounds, unless its making West and Hibbert angry. Which sometimes it does. Lance will come flying in from no where and grab a board that they would have had easily.

I don't think it matters much. Lance is just am aggressive player. He grabs the board and runs. Which is good.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The only problem with Lance stealing boards is that we occasionally have two guys going for the rebound and neither end up with it. That happened a couple of times today. Not great when we are getting out-rebounded so badly. Not an amazing game from the wing tandem on either end trying to contain the PnR. Some great ball denial from Hill, who showed out though. He didn't actually touch Kyrie on the drive that he hurt the knee on; Rose-esque on that one...

Ian Report: He was more active on the offensive end in terms of production. He loses points for missing that layup and half of his free throws. He missed a couple of defensive assignments on the Cavs insane pick and roll execution. (Seriously, the way Waiters/Jack/Kyrie were playing the two man game with Varejao combined with Sideshow actually hitting the jumper is close to unstoppable. Dion was giving Paul fits unlike many have this season with his reads on the PnR. Fortunately it was only for a few minutes.) However, he made up for it with that amazing recovery block on Zeller; I was sure the best case for that play was a foul. Roy's block on Clark was stupid, but Mahinmi had the block of the night. He gets a 'B'.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Also, Lance flies in to snag a rebound coming to Roy away 2-4 times per game, it seems.

No big deal as long as we rebound strong as a team.
    The alternative is that we teach Lance to not be aggressive. Really, at 7'2" and 280lbs, Roy should be way above Lance pulling down boards. But that's not Roy. If Lance wasn't hitting the boards, we wouldn't have a 25-5 record, quite frankly.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Box score won't reflect it, but that was one of the best games I've seen George Hill play at least this year, but maybe in his Pacers career. If he plays like that, Pacers will win more often than not.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Best defense I have seen from George Hill all season. I thought that was the biggest factor in the game. Hill's defense was outstanding

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Yep, great defense, especially ball denial.

I thought Danny's cuts and motions early in the game looked really, really good. I have no questions about his knees now.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    The alternative is that we teach Lance to not be aggressive. Really, at 7'2" and 280lbs, Roy should be way above Lance pulling down boards. But that's not Roy. If Lance wasn't hitting the boards, we wouldn't have a 25-5 record, quite frankly.
    Yep. Unless you have a great outlet passer, you want your guards rebounding because they can push it up the court the fastest. Having a good rebounding guard is a huge advantage.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

My biggest gripe remains our end of quarter plays. I'm totally sick and tired of watch Paul George dribble the remaining time off of the clock working for his three point shot. It's not like the opponent does not know exactly what is going to happen.

We waste so many possessions in this manner. From what we have seen so far, the ball should always be in Lance's hands to allow him to create for a teammate for a final possession of a quarter. As far as I'm concerned, doing anything different is either stubbornness on Vogel's part, arrogance on Paul George's part, or a combination of both.

I don't know whether this habit has bit us in the butt yet in the win-loss column, but it would be great if we get it corrected soon.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I thought Danny's cuts and motions early in the game looked really, really good. I have no questions about his knees now.
    I think this was particularly evident in his drive to the basket where he was fouled hard in the air. He knew the foul was coming and continued his drive. At that moment, I realized that Granger was no longer being overly cautious with the knee.

Welcome back, Danny!

Now, let's get fit, get your sea legs under you and kick arse / take names.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Best defense I have seen from George Hill all season. I thought that was the biggest factor in the game. Hill's defense was outstanding
    Not only that, but on a night where Danny and Paul were largely out there just chucking, Hill was taking some damn good shots. They didn't drop like you'd like to see, but they were almost all very good shots. Just seemed like one of those nights where the shots weren't falling, but he made a perfect decision every time.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    OK. Just browsed the boxscore and I have another - albeit minor - gripe.

Roy - 2 boards ?? Really ?? Did he forget he's 7'2" ??
    In the postgame interview with Roy he admitted that coach vogel was going to give him an earfull over his rebound stats for the game... He said that he spent so much effort trying to keep Verajao boxed out and off the boards...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    GH still can't guard Chalmers though....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: