Thread: Your Top 10 Movies Of 2013

Default Your Top 10 Movies Of 2013

I know nobody has the time to watch 300 movies a year, but out of everything you saw this year, give us your top 10 list. It will be good reference for people looking for good movies. I haven't seen a ton(still haven't seen Captain Phillips or Saving Mr. Banks), but here are my personal favorites:

1.Gravity
    2.Prisoners
    3.Rush
    4.Mud
    5.Blackfish(documentary)
    6.The Conjuring
    7.Place Beyond The Pines
    8.The East
    9.World War Z
    10.Dark Skies

Yours?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Your Top 10 Movies Of 2013

I doubt if I saw 10 movies in 2013 but of the ones I did see, Dallas Buyers Club is hands down the best.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Lawrence was, at times, the highlight of the movie. Amy Adams' performance as a whole was better because she had a little more to work with, but I thought all of the performances were top-notch. My only gripe with it is that I feel like the ending was really rushed, but to me Hustle was the best movie of 2013. Nobody maximizes actors' ability to perform quite like David O. Russell.

If anyone cares, my top 10 movies of 2013:

1. American Hustle - One of the best movies I’ve ever seen, period.
    2. Prisoners - I liked it more than I expected. Thought it would be more of a paint-by-numbers revenge movie but it was just a great movie by any standards.
    3. The World’s End - Totally hilarious.
    4. The Wolverine - The best comic book movie of the year. Hugh Jackman is pitch-perfect. Embodies the character as well as anyone in a superhero movie.
    5. Anchorman 2 - Not quite as funny as the first one, but still very good. Big thumbs up for a movie that gets Liam Neeson to say the word “minotaur”.
    6. Out of the Furnace - Like Prisoners, it wasn’t as ordinary as the previews made it look… dragged a little at times but Christian Bale was fantastic in it.
    7. Man of Steel - Might not have made my list before the sequel announcement.
    8. Fast & Furious 6 - Needed more Rocky, but these movies never fail to entertain in the most ludicrous ways.
    9. The Wolf of Wall Street - I really liked the movie, but I don't think Leonardi Di Caprio is a very good actor. He's occasionally capable of good performances (such as in this movie, any time that he didn't have to deliver any expository dialogue or act like a normal adult) but in general I have trouble getting lost in his performances like I do with a lot of other actors. He just seems like a kid whose only acting style is "pretend I'm an adult." I thought Matthew McConaughey and Kyle Chandler both took him to school during their respective scenes with him, and Jonah Hill was more memorable as well. Though I will say that the scene where Leo is basically paralyzed and has to crawl to his car is one of the best movie scenes of this year.
    10. Olympus Has Fallen - The best Die Hard movie of 2013.

The only movie that came out this year that I really wanted to see, and missed, was Dallas Buyer's Club.
    From the other movie thread.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Your Top 10 Movies Of 2013

1. The Way Way Back
    2. The Place Beyond the Pines
    3. Saving Mr. Banks
    4. Rush
    5. This is the End
    6. Mud
    7. Star Trek: Into Darkness
    8. Pacific Rim
    9. Drinking Buddies
    10. Catching Fire
    ** There are still about 10 movies from 2013 I would like to watch but haven't just yet.
    Last edited by funnyguy1105; 01-07-2014 at 12:37 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. The Way Way Back
    2. The Place Beyond the Pines
    3. Saving Mr. Banks
    4. Rush
    5. This is the End
    6. Mud
    7. Star Trek: Into Darkness
    8. Pacific Rim
    9. Drinking Buddies
    10. Catching Fire
    ** There are still about 10 movies from 2013 I would like to watch but haven't just yet.
    I'm like the gentleman earlier who likely hasn't seen 10 movies all year, but your #1 was among those I did see and it was the first movie that sprang to mind when I saw this topic. So...second that motion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: