Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

  1. #1
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    560

    Default Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Kickoff for Colts game is set for 4:35. That'll put the game finishing around ~7:30 give or take 10 minutes. Pacers game is set for 7pm. If the Pacers pushed their start time back to 8pm it would allow just enough time to sneak out of Lucas Oil and into BLF without missing too much action. Anyone heard anything?

  2. #2
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    It seems like too easy of a decision for the NBA to get right.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,338

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Negative at this time (and Agness has tweeted that we shouldn't count on the tip being pushed back). Apparently they can't do it because of the Cavs game the next night. You have to wait so many hours between tip offs.

    Again, thank you NFL. Dumbasses.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. #4
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,243
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    NFL haters coming in 3...2...1...

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,754

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Again, thank you NFL. Dumbasses.

    You really expect Goodell and his henchmen at league headquarters in Manhattan to say, "wait wait wait, did anyone check the Indiana Pacers' schedule before scheduling this Colts game?". They don't care, nor should they. This is the NFL's marquee time of the year, and they aren't going to revolve it around one NBA game that is miniscule in importance in the grand scheme of things. A league that moved it's draft up into May so that they could further enhance their ratings isn't going to care about meaningless NBA regular season games when they are scheduling their playoff games.

    Why should the NFL care one iota about 1 out of 41 Pacer games?

    This is the NFL playoffs. A home Colts playoff game is huge for the city, and we will get great Saturday afternoon/evening exposure on NBC. There will be beautiful aerial shots of Lucas as the sun is setting. I love the Pacers as much as anyone, but they are shoved to the back burner on Saturday night.

    Four months from now, who will care about one trivial game against the Pelicans?
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-30-2013 at 12:19 PM.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,243
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Negative at this time (and Agness has tweeted that we shouldn't count on the tip being pushed back). Apparently they can't do it because of the Cavs game the next night. You have to wait so many hours between tip offs.

    Again, thank you NFL. Dumbasses.
    Don't know how the NFL is dumb. Game time wise, the playoff schedule has been known for months. The AFC 4-5 game was always slated for this Saturday, late kickoff, with the 4 seed hosting. They can't help it there just happens to also be a NBA game. If the Bengals or Pats or both had lost yesterday this game would be in a completely different city.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know how the NFL is dumb. Game time wise, the playoff schedule has been known for months. The AFC 4-5 game was always slated for late kickoff with the 4 seed hosting. They can't help it there just happens to also be a NBA playoff game. If the Bengals or Pats or both had lost yesterday this game would be in a completely different city.
    That's not true. The schedule of the wild card round of games (and also the divisional round at the same time) was not determined until last night, after all the seeds except the NFC East winner had been decided.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,338

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    There is NO reason that they couldn't have scheduled this game for Sunday. Ratings aren't going to be harmed a bit, and we'd still get great afternoon/evening exposure and beautiful aerial shots of LOS as the sun is setting, just on CBS.

    BTW for anyone who doesn't want to pay "Colts rate" to park for the Pacers game, go hit Parkwhiz now. You can get spots for $5.50 3 blocks from BLF as of this morning.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. #9
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,754

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is NO reason that they couldn't have scheduled this game for Sunday. Ratings aren't going to be harmed a bit, and we'd still get great afternoon/evening exposure and beautiful aerial shots of LOS as the sun is setting, just on CBS.
    What you're missing is the fact that league bigwigs in Manhattan simply do not care about a miniscule NBA game. The only people who will be inconvenienced by this are those going to the Pacer game, aka about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000001% of the US population.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  16. #10

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is NO reason that they couldn't have scheduled this game for Sunday. Ratings aren't going to be harmed a bit, and we'd still get great afternoon/evening exposure and beautiful aerial shots of LOS as the sun is setting, just on CBS.

    BTW for anyone who doesn't want to pay "Colts rate" to park for the Pacers game, go hit Parkwhiz now. You can get spots for $5.50 3 blocks from BLF as of this morning.
    CBS pays a lot of money to broadcast the NFL, and they've negotiated into their contract things like getting to choose which game they want. That's the main reason, and CBS doesn't even have a contract with the NBA so they have no reason to care about it.

  17. #11
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is NO reason that they couldn't have scheduled this game for Sunday. Ratings aren't going to be harmed a bit, and we'd still get great afternoon/evening exposure and beautiful aerial shots of LOS as the sun is setting, just on CBS.

    BTW for anyone who doesn't want to pay "Colts rate" to park for the Pacers game, go hit Parkwhiz now. You can get spots for $5.50 3 blocks from BLF as of this morning.
    I'm guessing the city would prefer a Saturday playoff game to a Sunday playoff game. How many more people will come early Saturday, and stay out late after the game than they would on a Sunday? I know I will on Saturday. I definitely wouldn't on Sunday.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What you're missing is the fact that league bigwigs in Manhattan simply do not care about a miniscule NBA game. The only people who will be inconvenienced by this are those going to the Pacer game, aka about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000001% of the US population.
    +1

  20. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,046

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, thank you NFL. Dumbasses.
    No, more like NBA dumbasses for making a schedule where they wouldn't be able to push back the tip-off in the possible case that the local NFL team might have a playoff game that overlaps it. This is an NBA problem, not an NFL problem. Why is the Cavs game the next day at 6pm instead of 7 or 8 anyways?

  21. #14
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,243
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CBS pays a lot of money to broadcast the NFL, and they've negotiated into their contract things like getting to choose which game they want. That's the main reason, and CBS doesn't even have a contract with the NBA so they have no reason to care about it.
    So you're telling me that CBS chose Bengals/Chargers over Eagles/Saints or 49ers/Packers? I just don't see how that's true.

  22. #15
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're telling me that CBS chose Bengals/Chargers over Eagles/Saints or 49ers/Packers? I just don't see how that's true.
    CBS only has their choice of the AFC games. FOX has their choice of the NFC, and NBC gets the other two on Saturday.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,243
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    So the real culprit here is that CBS wanted Cincy/SD for their Sunday game over Indy/KC then. The NFL had no control over which game the networks chose. So they aren't dumbasses. At least not in this regard.

  25. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Any indication if the start of the NOP game Saturday will be pushed back to accommodate fans going to the Colts game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CBS only has their choice of the AFC games. FOX has their choice of the NFC, and NBC gets the other two on Saturday.
    I don't think that's true. I'm thinking since NBC only televises playoff games this weekend (Fox and CBS get 2 games in the Divisional round and the Conference Championship games) that NBC chooses the top NFC and AFC game first for Saturday, and then Fox and CBS get what's left behind on Sunday. I originally thought NBC chose first and fourth, but based on the choices, I think it's the top game from each conference.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •