Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Playoff Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh I'm sure it was a possibility but it sounds like revisionist history you know because if they had Larry Fitzgerald they would've beaten Denver and be in the SB
    He definitely could have been enough to win them one more game, which would have put the AFC title game in Foxboro.

I can believe that but it seems every offseason we always hear about players the Patriots could've gotten but never did hindsight is 20/20. I mean the Colts could say they might've been in the hunt for Larry Fitzgerald last offseason doesn't mean it happened.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Knicks fans...

At the Knicks-Celtics game, a gentleman sitting behind Wes Welker must be a Giants fan, because he took the chance to mock Welker when he was showed on the jumbotron during the game. He first made the choking signal, and then pretended to bobble a ball, making fun of Welker for his big drop in Super Bowl XLVI against New York.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/2...s-knicks-game/

Not that Wes is some big hulking beast or anything, but it must take a fair amount of restraint to put up with such people out in public
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-30-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

This should be a pretty close game that comes down to the end. When you think about it, the last "bad" Super Bowl from a quality of the game standpoint was Colts-Bears seven years ago. That was great for us Colts fans, but fairly boring for everyone else since the Bears were so outmatched. Literally every Super Bowl since then has been entertaining with a couple of them being historically epic. I don't think this Broncos-Seahawks one will disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    maybe off topic but I was in the car today picking my son up from school.

No link, but the Dan LeBatard show today (790 the Ticket in Miami) aired a media day interview of Wes Welker with Deion Sanders. Wes's speech sounded a little slurred, to be honest. They then pulled up clips from 8 years ago, when he was a Dolphin.

They alternated back and forth, clips from 2006 and clips from today. (I think it was LeBatard- either them or ESPN 106.3)

To be honest, it DOES sound like he has some scrambled eggs in his head that he did not have before. I don't mean to be flippant about brain damage, but it sounded pretty amazing, the comparison. He does not speak like the same person. And I'm not talking about an Oklahoma accent.

They also played a clip from today where he was asked if he would ever cover up concussion-like symptoms to play in a big game. His answer was to laugh and say "of course, we all would"

Not to be reactionary, but I am SERIOUSLY worried about this guy's future.
    And as Colts fans there are a few of us worried about Collie too. I understand we're talking about their livelyhood and competitive nature, but damn it is hard to see what some of these guys look like by the time they reach 50.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

* Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The day has finally arrived!
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    The day has finally arrived!

I'm rooting for Peyton big time, even though I know that a Denver win will haunt Colts fans with some agonizing "what if" questions about Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm rooting for Peyton big time, even though I know that a Denver win will haunt Colts fans with some agonizing "what if" questions about Manning.
    Some may feel that way but I suspect these fans may have been bigger Manning fans than Colt fans.

After the release I always believed (assuming he came back healthy) Manning would get at least one more chance to win a Super Bowl. Never felt that would be the case if he remained a Colt. Even if they had traded the Luck pick for assets. It just felt like the era of being SB relevant with Manning as the QB was over.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Some may feel that way but I suspect these fans may have been bigger Manning fans than Colt fans.

After the release I always believed (assuming he came back healthy) Manning would get at least one more chance to win a Super Bowl. Never felt that would be the case if he remained a Colt. Even if they had traded the Luck pick for assets. It just felt like the era of being SB relevant with Manning as the QB was over.
    I do agree as a Colt he would never reach another SB the team isn't really built for that at the moment (or even when we did win the SB but that's another story) so if he wins tonight I don't think the Colts should have any regrets they made the right long term decision regardless.

I only have an issue with Irsay's BS revisionist history on the whole thing and Kravitz's about face. I mean you wanted him gone because he was no longer useful as a Colt don't say you cut him because you did it for him. You did it because you had the number 1 and it was a better long term solution to start over with the next possibly great QB over an aging one that you didn't think had anything left. I wish they would just own it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-his-father/

Terry Bradshaw to miss Super Bowl after the passing of his father

Fox has announced that Terry Bradshaw will not take part in the network’s coverage of Super Bowl XLVIII after the passing of his father, William “Bill” Marvin Bradshaw, on Thursday.

“On behalf of everyone at FOX Sports, we want to extend our deepest sympathy to Terry, his [wife] Novis, brothers Gary and Craig and the entire Bradshaw family,” the network said Sunday. “All are in our thoughts and prayers today, and we respect their wishes for privacy during this very difficult time.”

Michael Strahan will take over Bradshaw’s broadcast roles for Fox’s Sunday coverage of the game.

A veteran of the U.S. Navy, William Bradshaw is survived by his wife, two siblings, three children and 12 grandchildren, according to an obituary in the Shreveport Times. He was 86 years old.

I'm going against the grain for this one, and I think Denver will blow the Seahawks out. And as you know I'm no massive Peyton fan, I like him but when it comes to the NFL the Colts come first any and any players are far behind.

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Broadway Joe's still the man lol

Mood

I don't care how good your defense is you don't give Peyton the ball.

Mood

He just wants to kiss someone...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I don't care how good your defense is you don't give Peyton the ball.
    Well maybe they know something...

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

somewhere a degenerate gambler just made almost enough money to pay off his bookie

Mood

And a safety just ruined every office pool in America...

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I'm going against the grain for this one, and I think Denver will blow the Seahawks out. And as you know I'm no massive Peyton fan, I like him but when it comes to the NFL the Colts come first any and any players are far behind.
    About that......

That being said I do think Denver will fall back to earth next season I mean they have to play the NFC West

I was hoping that the NFC East/NE trend= win SB was going to continue but that was crushed tonight. Especially since the Colts are the team that plays the NFC East/NE