Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Thread

Default Re: Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adderall, not roids
    The NFL doesn't disclose what substance a player tests positive for when it announces a suspension.

It was reported to be Adderall. but Sherman said, when asked what Adderall could do for a player who is using it without a prescription, "I don't know. I never took it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...ments-adderall

his suspension was erased due to a Ryan Braun-like technicality, a mishandled sample
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Manning's long throws just look better this season. Recovering from an injury like that is one thing, but playing the best ball of your career at an old age after an injury like that is amazing.

Two years ago, if a crystal ball would have told you that Manning would throw 55 touchdowns and make the Super Bowl in 2013, is there a person on Earth who would have wanted to cut him?

Don't get me wrong, I love where the Colts are. But seeing Manning host the Lamar Hunt Trophy as a Bronco just looked weird. A few years ago, who would have ever imagined that this would happen? For virtually his entire Colt career, Manning completely owned the Broncos. Now he is going to the Super Bowl in their orange? Good for him though. He worked his tail off to not only come back from the injury, but to play the best ball of his career.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    The NFL doesn't disclose what substance a player tests positive for when it announces a suspension.

It was reported to be Adderall. but Sherman said, when asked what Adderall could do for a player who is using it without a prescription, "I don't know. I never took it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...ments-adderall

his suspension was erased due to a Ryan Braun-like technicality, a mishandled sample
    He also could have been "not telling the whole truth".

A bunch of his teammates have been busted for adderall, and I think someone (a doctor) said adderall helped improve recovery time. I could be mistaken on that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Manning's long throws just look better this season. Recovering from an injury like that is one thing, but playing the best ball of your career at an old age after an injury like that is amazing.

Two years ago, if a crystal ball would have told you that Manning would throw 55 touchdowns and make the Super Bowl in 2013, is there a person on Earth who would have wanted to cut him?

Don't get me wrong, I love where the Colts are. But seeing Manning host the Lamar Hunt Trophy as a Bronco just looked weird. A few years ago, who would have ever imagined that this would happen? For virtually his entire Colt career, Manning completely owned the Broncos. Now he is going to the Super Bowl in their orange? Good for him though. He worked his tail off to not only come back from the injury, but to play the best ball of his career.
    I heard it was around 60 degrees today though what are the odds that will be the case in NJ?

However John Fox isn't a stranger to NFC teams since he used to coach in that conference.

I wonder what bothers the Jets more: Pete Carroll their former coach or Manning the QB who they almost had if he didn't go back to school

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

This weather thing is overblown. Manning is going to play well regardless. The only weather that can make things real difficult is wind, but I think Manning will be able to weather that (see what I did there)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This weather thing is overblown. Manning is going to play well regardless. The only weather that can make things real difficult is wind, but I think Manning will be able to weather that (see what I did there)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I heard it was around 60 degrees today though what are the odds that will be the case in NJ?

However John Fox isn't a stranger to NFC teams since he used to coach in that conference.

I wonder what bothers the Jets more: Pete Carroll their former coach or Manning the QB who they almost had if he didn't go back to school

Yeah, it was mild today in Denver. I think he will be fine in cold weather, but it's the cold plus wicked wind that could be an issue. I watched almost every Bronco game this year, and the only game where he looked awkward throwing it was in New England when it was cold and super windy.

Regardless, his arm just has more zip on it than it did a year ago. He's never going to again bomb it like it's 2004, but his longer passes this year just have way more zip and distance on them as far as the eye test is concerned.

Manning making 3 Super Bowls with 3 different head coaches is pretty impressive.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Michael Crabtree@KingCrab1536m
    Film don't lie... @nflnetwork @espn pull up the tape of that game and show me where this guy is the best? #fake #fake #fake

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Adderall, not roids
    (in light of the postgame interview,) how sure are you about this?

I thought this was funny

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

My prediction:

Denver 31
    Seattle 23

Too much Peyton and Broncos' offense in the 4th and Peyton gets his 2nd ring
    Smothered Chicken!

Here's the key to the SB: denver's defense. Denver's offense will be able to put some points on the board, and certainly Seattle's D will limit them to what they can normally do. But if Denver's D continues to play like it has been playing, Seattle is going to have a tough time scoring, especially since I don't feel they have been playing particularly well lately. If they can limit the Sea offense, then Denver's O will put more and more pressure on the Seattle D, and eventually they will break.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Here's the key to the SB: denver's defense. Denver's offense will be able to put some points on the board, and certainly Seattle's D will limit them to what they can normally do. But if Denver's D continues to play like it has been playing, Seattle is going to have a tough time scoring, especially since I don't feel they have been playing particularly well lately. If they can limit the Sea offense, then Denver's O will put more and more pressure on the Seattle D, and eventually they will break.
    I agree. As good as the Seattle defense is I still believe Denver will still score high 20's to low 30's in points. Couple that with the way Wilson and that offense is playing right now I don't think Seattle can keep up. In my mind the only way that changes is either really horseshit weather or Denver turnovers (especially the pick 6 variety).

For the first time since 2006 Manning is going into the playoffs with a relaible run game and is backed up by a defense that can stop the run. I think he gets ring #2.

Pulling for Peyton so he can give that retirement thought his full attention. If Broncos lose I believe he's coming back for sure and if Broncos win maybe it's 50/50.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Pulling for Peyton so he can give that retirement thought his full attention. If Broncos lose I believe he's coming back for sure and if Broncos win maybe it's 50/50.
    I think he's coming back no matter what as long as he gets a good bill of health from the doctor. Riding off into the sunset after a championship would be a nice story, but I don't think Peyton wants to look back in 10 years and feel that he could have played a couple of extra years. Peyton has always said that he wants to keep playing as long as he feels he can help his team win. It certainly looks like he will have no trouble doing that again next year if healthy. If the Broncos win the Super Bowl, why quit now? There's no reason that team won't be right there at the top next year too. Ol' P is going to max out his opportunities. The injury showed him that playing in the NFL is a precious opportunity, so I don't see him walking away if he's still able to do it. Once it's over, it's over.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Have to admit I'm surprised it wasn't one of the Pats WAGs that did this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...alib/#comments

Belichick tees off on Welker for hitting Talib

In the first half of New England’s loss at Denver, Broncos receiver Wes Welker flattened Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib on an apparent pick play, knocking New England’s best defensive back out of the game.

Welker claimed that he didn’t intend to hit Talib. Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels otherwise. Strongly.

“It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” Belichick told reporters Monday morning. “No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

He said plenty. Belichick essentially accused his former star slot wideout of being dirty — of intentionally and deliberately delivering an illegal hit that caused injury. It was so bad and so blatant in Belichick’s view that he expects discipline will be imposed by the league office.

Some will say it’s sour grapes from a coach who would have loved to have Welker this season. Others will say Belichick was merely calling it like he sees it.

Either way, it’s surely not the last that will be said about the play, or about Belichick’s reaction to it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-graciousness/

Tom Brady on Richard Sherman: “We win with graciousness”

It took Tom Brady a moment to respond, but when he did, it was clear he’s not sure Richard Sherman’s brashness would play well in the Patriots locker room.

During his appearance on WEEI this morning, Brady was played the Sherman post-game remarks, and he didn’t immediately respond.

“I don’t know him at all,” Brady said, via Phil Perry of CSNNE.com. “I’ve watched him play. He’s that kind of guy so . . . you know . . . I approach the game and I have respect for my opponents. That’s the way our team always plays.

“We win with graciousness, when we lose we could do better. Some teams don’t always do that or that’s not their program.”

But having gotten an earful of Sherman himself in the past, Brady said there’s only one way to handle it.

“Look, they advanced,” Brady said. “The only way to counter that is to beat them. When you don’t win . . . You just gotta shut your mouth and listen to it. When you get an opportunity down the road, maybe that’s a source of motivation.”

Of course, the Patriots have played the cowboy in the black hat before, and employed their share of players with big personalties. But at the moment, none are bigger, or enjoying it more, than Sherman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ionship-games/

TV ratings up for AFC, NFC Championship Games

Sunday’s two conference championship games drew massive TV ratings, with both the AFC Championship Game and the NFC Championship Game drawing more viewers than a year ago.

According to the NFL, the Patriots-Broncos AFC Championship Game had 51.3 million viewers on CBS, while the 49ers-Seahawks NFC Championship Game had 55.9 million viewers on FOX.

That’s a significant increase from last year, when the Ravens-Patriots AFC Championship Game drew 47.7 million viewers on CBS, while 49ers-Falcons in the NFC Championship Game drew 42.0 million viewers on FOX.

And so we say again what we’ve said many times: The NFL continues to dominate the American television landscape.

But Reggie Miller and his choke sign back in '94 is ok??

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Sherman also gave him the choke sign before patting him on the butt.

just a classless roid-raged turd.

But if it's cold and/or windy in 2 weeks, he will be a classless roid-raged turd with a ring, I think.
    Fire up that tank and drive it to the draft

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Yeah and then the Pacers lost the series... and many hate Reggie Miller to this day.

I know I grew up in Bulls country

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ge-for-bowman/

49ers fear ACL and MCL damage for Bowman

After Sunday night’s loss to the Seahawks, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said that the preliminary assessment of linebacker NaVorro Bowman’s knee injury revealed a suspected ACL injury.

Per a league source, the team fears both an ACL and MCL injury. An MRI, which has not yet been conducted, will reveal the full extent of the damage.

While mild to moderate MCL injuries can heal without surgery, an MCL injury could delay Bowman’s timetable for surgery, if the decision is made to allow the MCL to heal before repairing a possible torn ACL. Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski waited one month and one day to have ACL surgery because of an MCL injury that needed to heal.

With Bowman’s injury happening on January 19, time will be of the essence as the 49ers prepare for the 2014 season.

Bowman’s leg was trapped under Seahawks receiver Jermaine Kearse near the San Francisco goal line. Kearse fumbled, Bowman recovered — and Bowman held the ball until the hit the ground even after the injury occurred. A bad call by the officials and the inability by rule to review the play gave the ball back to Seattle, who emerged with it from the ensuing scrum.

Well Sherman is not shying away from this

Smothered Chicken!

I personally am not outraged over what Richard Sherman did I mean I had no horse(pardon the pun) in this race so that might factor into it.

I don't have an issue with people thinking Richard Sherman is a douche(although I find all this to be rather calculated on his part but I digress) but to say he's a thug or disparage him with racist remarks is absurd to me. And it says more about them than it does about him.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post: