Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Thread

Default Re: Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Karma biting KC in the *** here. KC let SD back their way in and now they're gonna watch SD go to Denver. Cincy has to be saying THANKS MOFOS...
    I guess you're going to overlook the penalty SD should've had that would've given KC a chance to boot SD out of the playoffs. I hate when "Karma" is thrown around as if it actually exists.

That being said SD is really the second best team in the AFC West not KC despite the record saying otherwise. If anyone is going to be salty it would be Steelers fans they would've been in.

And yes SD will upset the Broncos next week its so predictable(that and I picked them to win the SB since the beginning of the season)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go Pack Go!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I guess you're going to overlook the penalty SD should've had that would've given KC a chance to boot SD out of the playoffs. I hate when "Karma" is thrown around as if it actually exists.

You can't use that penalty excuse when KC rested everyone but the bus driver in that game.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Phil Rivers, backs in the playoffs, doesn't do anything spectacular and gets gifted a road playoff win.

Just how he rolls. I'm usually bad at picking games, but I predicted Chargers 17 Bengals 10 before the game.

I think the Chargers end Peyton's season next week. Want no part of the Chargers
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

You can't use that penalty excuse when KC rested everyone but the bus driver in that game.

Considering it was at the end of the game and had he made it it would've eliminated the Chargers instead of going into OT.

It pains me to say it but the Chargers are a team of destiny. I think they will go all the way.

And it will shed a huge glare on the awful officiating considering they weren't supposed to be in the postseason had the right call been made. Better to be lucky than good.

Yeah, KC put it on themselves by resting. They probably win if they play their starters but then again it gets to the whole injury debate and they had what, everything locked up?

I mean Charles gets hurt like the 4th play last night against us. But I see what you're saying. They made their bed and they have to sleep in it.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Mood

My point is KC (and the rest of the NFL) are currently seeing the payoff for KC resting their players. If they had played the game to win they would have never been in that end game situation to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Phil Rivers, backs in the playoffs, doesn't do anything spectacular and gets gifted a road playoff win.

Just how he rolls. I'm usually bad at picking games, but I predicted Chargers 17 Bengals 10 before the game.

I think the Chargers end Peyton's season next week. Want no part of the Chargers

Just shows how worthless the regular season really is come January none of that really matters. That being said if we manage to upset the Pats and the Chargers win we'd have to beat the Chargers to get to the SB and that won't happen. And the Chargers scare me more than the Pats at least I'd feel better about facing Denver despite the Manning/Luck garbage.

My point is KC (and the rest of the NFL) are currently seeing the payoff for KC resting their players. If they had played the game to win they would have never been in that end game situation to begin with.
    It's kind of like when we let the squirrelly Jets into the playoffs back in 2009. They marched all the way to the AFC title game, ultimately losing to the Colts who allowed them in.

I wish KC played their starters but they were within their rights to do what was best for them considering they were a wildcard team had he played his starters and they got hurt (which obviously happened yesterday) during a game that wasn't going to help them people would be criticizing Andy Reid for playing his starters in a meaningless game. He wouldn't win here.

Of course they'll focus on KC doing that rather than the bad officiating that has been bad all season long.

Considering it was at the end of the game and had he made it it would've eliminated the Chargers instead of going into OT.

It pains me to say it but the Chargers are a team of destiny. I think they will go all the way.

And it will shed a huge glare on the awful officiating considering they weren't supposed to be in the postseason had the right call been made. Better to be lucky than good.
    I doubt they make the Super Bowl. They are the team of destiny, but it'll stop in the AFCCG, it's still Phil Rivers, and this loss was more on the Bengals being the Bengals, I think
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

I doubt they make the Super Bowl. They are the team of destiny, but it'll stop in the AFCCG, it's still Phil Rivers, and this loss was more on the Bengals being the Bengals, I think
    Well the last 4 teams to play Philly in their home opener won the SB

2009- Saints
    2010 Packers
    2011 Giants
    2012 Ravens
    2013 Chargers?

Of course there's the trend of the last 7 champions to win the SB played the NFC East and the Pats

2006 Colts
    2007 Giants
    2008 Steelers
    2009 Saints
    2010 Packes
    2011 Giants
    2012 Ravens
    2013 Broncos?

One of these streaks will end next week.

I do. Means the AFC Championship game is at Lucas Oil.

What is so sacry about them? They are not the same team with the super physical 3-4 defense and outstanding special teams play that was Manning Colts kryptonite 5 years ago. Not to mention this Colts team isn't the same either.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Well the last 4 teams to play Philly in their home opener won the SB

2009- Saints
    2010 Packers
    2011 Giants
    2012 Ravens
    2013 Chargers?

Of course there's the trend of the last 7 champions to win the SB played the NFC East and the Pats

2006 Colts
    2007 Giants
    2008 Steelers
    2009 Saints
    2010 Packes
    2011 Giants
    2012 Ravens
    2013 Broncos?

One of these streaks will end next week.
    You act like you don't believe in karma then you give these stats about the last Super Bowl winners have played Philly in Philly's home opener, I mean I just don't care. It's a meaningless stat. Probably be broken this year.

Just like how dome teams are like 3-44 in cold weather in the playoffs or something? Who cares. New year, different teams. Although I suppose that isn't as meaningless of a stat than the Philly home opener one. The Philly stuff is pure coincidence.

I'm not trying to be a dick, BTW. We can all agree, F San Diego
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

The last couple of SB winners have lost to the Redskins in the regular season. (or something to that effect, read it on WAPO this AM I think)

The Redskins only won 3 games, and one of those games was against SD. (week 9).

Take that for what its worth

Having it here doesn't mean much I mean we faced the Chargers in 2007 here and lost to them. Then of course in 2008 where they were 8-8. I think the main reason we were able to win the SB was because we didn't face the Chargers in the AFC Championship game but the Pats.

And in 2009 the Chargers would've probably beaten us for the AFC Championship game rather than the Jets.

They own us just like the Colts own the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    I do. Means the AFC Championship game is at Lucas Oil.

What is so sacry about them? They are not the same team with the super physical 3-4 defense and outstanding special teams play that was Manning Colts kryptonite 5 years ago. Not to mention this Colts team isn't the same either.
    Because we just always lose to them.

We played like **** on Monday Night against them and a lot of it was our doing but they just always have our number. Woodhead just beastmoding his way through us.

They aren't a good team and I'll take my chances against them in the AFCCG at home if it came to that, but I'd just rather it not be the Chargers, but I know it's the only way we host another playoff game this year, so I'd have to deal with it
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    The last couple of SB winners have lost to the Redskins in the regular season. (or something to that effect, read it on WAPO this AM I think)

The Redskins only won 3 games, and one of those games was against SD. (week 9).

Take that for what its worth
    Oh no, don't give us more reason to think it's possible F San Diego
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

You act like you don't believe in karma then you give these stats about the last Super Bowl winners have played Philly in Philly's home opener, I mean I just don't care. It's a meaningless stat. Probably be broken this year.

Just like how dome teams are like 3-44 in cold weather in the playoffs or something? Who cares. New year, different teams. Although I suppose that isn't as meaningless of a stat than the Philly home opener one. The Philly stuff is pure coincidence.

I'm not trying to be a dick, BTW. We can all agree, F San Diego

Not the same people here are spouting karma as punishment as if KC is being punished for resting their starters. Maybe but its more likely that KC was a paper tiger to begin with and was exposed when they played Denver and were never the same since.

Having it here doesn't mean much I mean we faced the Chargers in 2007 here and lost to them. Then of course in 2008 where they were 8-8. I think the main reason we were able to win the SB was because we didn't face the Chargers in the AFC Championship game but the Pats.

And in 2009 the Chargers would've probably beaten us for the AFC Championship game rather than the Jets.

And like we own Kansas City.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Mood

I hate when "Karma" is thrown around as if it actually exists.
    It pains me to say it but the Chargers are a team of destiny.
    So Karma doesn't exist but destiny does? OK then...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Not the same people here are spouting karma as punishment as if KC is being punished for resting their starters. Maybe but its more likely that KC was a paper tiger to begin with and was exposed when they played Denver and were never the same since.
    Ahh yeah. When they went 9-0 they were beating bad teams and by like 1-4 points.

They are a good team but they probably weren't as good as their record was
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Mood

Yeah but lets be quite honest with ourselves, Manning wasn't exactly CONSISTENT in his playoff career. Some years he would have a great postseason, while others he choked hard. I don't think I have ever seen Luck choke.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

LOL how does resting their starters affect the way the Chiefs played? Resting their starters a week ago did not make Alex Smith miss that throw to Gray.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

So Karma doesn't exist but destiny does? OK then...

We are have a fate of how things will end for us but karma is subjective. When someone/or a team they don't like faces something bad well that's their karma as if its their punishment. I don't necessarily believe its punishment but people act as if it is.