Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Man I was there and OMG was that the best experience ever or what. This was my only game I was able to go to this year and damn I'm glad I spent the money. So worth it! We sat next to like 15 chief fans and they were so obnoxious the first half...was so fun to see Andrew and the boys shut them up and send them home with their tails between their legs. Crazy crazy game. I couldn't stop smiling when I was leaving. And damn Lucas Oil was so loud...especially on that 4th and 11 at the end.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

That's the loudest Lucas Oil Stadium has ever been I would assume.

I think the thing about this game is your thinking "The Colts get the ball to start the 2nd half. So if they can just score here before the end of the half... then score opening the 2nd first half... we're right back in range to make this a game".

Then NEITHER happened and IIRC both possessions were turnovers even.

So at that point the easiest way back in the game, with lots of clock left and 2 consecutive potential momentum changing possessions gift-wrapped for the team, are simply out the window. And with momentum killing turnovers too even. To then STILL comeback and win without scoring on neither of those possessions is what really made this seem like such an impossible comeback.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SamBear For This Useful Post:

Bring on New England or Denver! I don't care who, I have faith in this team!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

I woke up this morning still pumped up. That was just insane. I can't believe it was real.

Winning a playoff game made the season a smashing success. It would have been hard to call the season a failure if we lost yesterday because 11 wins is 11 wins, but it certainly would have been a big disappointment. Winning that game means that we have taken another step forward and no longer have to worry about getting our first playoff win of the Luck era. When the season started, I think that most people felt that winning one playoff game would be the benchmark of a successful season. We've now achieved all rational expectations that one could have for this season. We're playing on house money at this point. I want to win this next game more than anything, but no matter what happens, this season has officially been a massive success.

I'm looking forward to this Cincy-SD game being over so that we know where we are going. I can't imagine the hype if we have a rematch with Peyton. Either way though, this next game will be hyped up big time. It's going to be Luck vs. a top 5 all time QB. If it's the Pats, then all of the talk will be about how it's the latest chapter of the Colts-Pats rivalry.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-05-2014 at 08:16 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One of Jake Query's listeners sent this to him. Good timing, incredible shot!

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now I have time to reflect more of the game, don't underestimate how humongous (what a word!) was Luck's deep throw and monster catch by Rogers at the 10. Probably the start of a comeback that even the most optimistic didn't believe in.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapol...pass-from-Luck

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want a hi res print of that

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I woke up this morning still pumped up. That was just insane. I can't believe it was real.

Winning a playoff game made the season a smashing success. It would have been hard to call the season a failure if we lost yesterday because 11 wins is 11 wins, but it certainly would have been a big disappointment. Winning that game means that we have taken another step forward and no longer have to worry about getting our first playoff win of the Luck era. When the season started, I think that most people felt that winning one playoff game would be the benchmark of a successful season. We've now achieved all rational expectations that one could have for this season. We're playing on house money at this point. I want to win this next game more than anything, but no matter what happens, this season has officially been a massive success.

I'm looking forward to this Cincy-SD game being over so that we know where we are going. I can't imagine the hype if we have a rematch with Peyton. Either way though, this next game will be hyped up big time. It's going to be Luck vs. a top 5 all time QB. If it's the Pats, then all of the talk will be about how it's the latest chapter of the Colts-Pats rivalry.
    Completely agree. A home playoff loss certainly results in a no significant improvement from last season argument. Some might even have suggested a possible regression POV, especially given how awful we came out of the gate. Anything now is gravy. And, frankly, either of the possible destinations will be another minor miracle IMO. Our trend of getting way behind would doom us on the road against this caliber of opponent. It's got to be a different script if we're to have any semblance of a chance. The good thing regardless is another game of playoff experience on top of Luck establishing his first playoff win.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want Denver, their defense is awful. The only reason that defenses numbers weren't historically bad is because Peyton was historically good and made sure he didn't need his defense often. We scored almost 40 on them in the regular season and Dallas scored 48 on them which was by far that teams highest output of the season.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Leave it to this group to combine one of their humiliating/unprepared performances with one of their amazing/improbable victories all in one awesome playoff game.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I want Denver, their defense is awful. The only reason that defenses numbers weren't historically bad is because Peyton was historically good and made sure he didn't need his defense often. We scored almost 40 on them in the regular season and Dallas scored 48 on them which was by far that teams highest output of the season.
    I don't want Denver in Denver in Jan. Cold and hard to breathe is not a good combination for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I don't want Denver in Denver in Jan. Cold and hard to breathe is not a good combination for our team.
    and Peyton has never been able to handle the cold weather while tom brady thrives in it... give me Denver

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    and Peyton has never been able to handle the cold weather while tom brady thrives in it... give me Denver
    I'm talking about being mile high and not having the time to adjust to that. Cold and thin air is a tough combination for anyone. We could find some of our guys really struggling under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post

I'd rather deal with that than Foxboro cold and the Hoodie. The Ravens didn't seem too fazed in Denver last year.

I think that playing against the Colts and Luck would definitely get to Manning's head. There's no way it couldn't. I want to try to capitalize on that. Plus I'm not wild about a match-up of Pags against the Hoodie. I think that Pags could win a battle against Fox though.

I don't want Denver because I don't want to be the team to further tarnish Peyton's post season legacy. Too sad to watch. Let PM fail agains somebody else
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Its not the cold as much as the wind that bothers him considering how pass happy those offenses were but yeah Denver is a better shot at a win of course it could also be a setup for the ultimate playoff disappointment of having Peyton end our season.

Won't know till it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I don't want Denver because I don't want to be the team to further tarnish Peyton's post season legacy. Too sad to watch. Let PM fail agains somebody else
    I root for him to succeed if the Colts aren't involved, but the Colts are involved now so I don't care one iota about him at the moment. As a Colts fan, I'd rather face this:

than this:

I don't see how any Colts fan would root to go to Foxboro after all of the miserable experiences we've had there over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I root for him to succeed if the Colts aren't involved, but the Colts are involved now so I don't care one iota about him at the moment. As a Colts fan, I'd rather face this:

than this:

I don't see how any Colts fan would root to go to Foxboro after all of the miserable experiences we've had there over the years.
    I'm not scared of either of these teams. Both have bad defenses. NE has won a lot of close games this year, and I don't believe that this is one of their stronger teams. Is Julian Edelman ready for the big time? I also don't trust their RB's. They are known to fumble
    David "And One" West

If the Pats came here I think we'd be able to beat them the game is in Foxboro I don't think so.

If we get to th SB, we will have to beat both of those teams, so it really doesn't matter.

Cold weather is better for this team than dome football. The Chiefs regular season game proved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    If the Pats came here I think we'd be able to beat them the game is in Foxboro I don't think so.
    I'm sure Luck is terrified of NE and their 26th ranked defense. Luck is like the Honey Badger, he don't give a ****
    David "And One" West

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post: