Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry isn't Manning still labeled a choker now and he's actually won an SB.

My point is even when the Colts won in 2006 Manning threw 3 picks in that game had we lost he would be blamed and it would be warranted.

Luck threw 3 picks as well had the Colts lost this game I figure Luck should get the same treatement. He wouldn't though.
    I don't think that Manning is considered a choker by most people. When you are in the playoffs the competition is just more elite.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luck is 14-3 at Lucas Oil.

By my count, he is 15-2 in games decided by 7 points or less.

He is 23-10 in his career.

What a beast.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I don't think that Manning is considered a choker by most people. When you are in the playoffs the competition is just more elite.
    You must not read much if you believe that.....

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're missing my point. This win was not luck. It was Indy making the plays necessary to win.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Also, how freaking big has T.Y. Hilton been lately? The coaching staff has done an excellent job at running plays for him, and he is figuring out how to consistently get open. 224 receiving yards? That's just insane!

Fleener made some big grabs too.

I wish Reggie could be a part of this special run.

Pep sure has had some nice game planning lately.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Hilton is definately the future for the Colts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Manning "chokes", I just think his style is a lot tougher to execute in a playoff setting, when Ds focus way more on physicality and disrupting timing/routes, and also disguise a lot more.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

You must not read much if you believe that.....
    By the time Manning retires he will be a lock for the Hall of Fame and considered by many to be the greatest QB of all time. He will surpass Fauve for all time TDs and most TDs in a season. If you think his legacy will be a choker that is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    By the time Manning retires he will be a lock for the Hall of Fame and considered by many to be the greatest QB of all time. He will surpass Fauve for all time TDs and most TDs in a season. If you think his legacy will be a choker that is sad.

Its not so much what I think its the "built in" narrative that's already in place I can't believe you think people will say otherwise about him.

They won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I don't think Manning "chokes", I just think his style is a lot tougher to execute in a playoff setting, when Ds focus way more on physicality and disrupting timing/routes, and also disguise a lot more.
    Agreed. Manning's style is about executing everything at complete scripted perfection. That works most of the time in the regular season against inferior opponents, but it becomes increasingly difficult to do in January against elite opponents.

Luck's style involves a lot more improv. He often uses his physical abilities to make something out of nothing. His style doesn't hinge on executing everything to scripted perfection like Manning. Luck finds a way of making something out of nothing when a play doesn't go as planned. Overall, I think his style will suit us well in the playoffs for many many years to come.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Its not so much what I think its the "built in" narrative that's already in place I can't believe you think people will say otherwise about him.

They won't.
    Is it fair to say that Manning is the greatest QB of all time because that is what people say? Yes or No?

Except they say Greatest Regular Season QB of all time(because apparently that's a things) after all a GOAT has to have multiple rings

Nevermind that Terry Bradshaw has 4 rings but would anyone say he's a better QB than Dan Marino who has none? No but Marino gets ignored because of the lack of jewelry.

And even if the Broncos win an SB they will come up with some other lame narrative of what Manning has to do to be the GOAT(despite there being no such thing to begin with but I digress)

Its all about selling the "narrative" whether its logical or not is my point.

Then the hall of Fame should have two separate categories -one for regular season and one for post season. Does Bradshaw have the numbers that manning has overall? Did Peyton ever have the personnel that Bradshaw had because if he did he would have been in more SBs.
    We could argue this forever so i will leave it that I see one narrative and you see two.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Choking has nothing to do with stats during the game. Only the W or the L matters. Did you throw for 380 yards and 4 scores? Who cares you threw a pick at the end and lost you choker. Did you score 38 points and grab 10 boards? Who cares you missed a free throw at the end and lost you choker.

Back from the game and finally ate dinner. Greatest fan experience of my entire life. Totally worth whatever money I spent...which is funny, because at halftime I was thinking what a humongous waste of money. I'm still on a high right now. Wow.

I don't know how it felt on TV, but at the end of the game, it was deafeningly loud. How was it on TV?

You gotta give the crowd credit, we never really lost hope. We were yelling and screaming even when we were down by 28.

We are a flawed team. Our defense was terrible in the first half, and the offense had way too many dumb turnovers. But no matter what the problems, what the issues, this team DOES NOT GIVE UP. What a testament to Chuck.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why has this thread turned into Manning choking and RGIII? Really? Come on guys.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Back from the game and finally ate dinner. Greatest fan experience of my entire life. Totally worth whatever money I spent...which is funny, because at halftime I was thinking what a humongous waste of money. I'm still on a high right now. Wow.

I don't know how it felt on TV, but at the end of the game, it was deafeningly loud. How was it on TV?

You gotta give the crowd credit, we never really lost hope. We were yelling and screaming even when we were down by 28.

We are a flawed team. Our defense was terrible in the first half, and the offense had way too many dumb turnovers. But no matter what the problems, what the issues, this team DOES NOT GIVE UP. What a testament to Chuck.
    I had the game on my iphone in the first half, but the 2nd half the crowd was hella loud! props to the 12th man

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

I am glad we went away from T-Rich and stuck with Donald Brown for this game. That also made a major difference.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Did this game really happen? I still can't believe what we watched.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I am still in shock. I really need to watch a replay of that second half

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I am still in shock. I really need to watch a replay of that second half
    If you have NFLN I'm sure they'll replay that game

If you have NFLN I'm sure they'll replay that game
    Sadly no. I know some people who taped it luckily. Not sure if they have the express written permission of the NFL and NBC though

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

I'm not much of a Colts fan and I'm even in total shock. I know they have a few good players other than Luck but just wait. The Colts are probably going to totally dominate when they shore up some positions and get healthy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am glad we went away from T-Rich and stuck with Donald Brown for this game. That also made a major difference.
    I guess. I do think TRich gets piled on a bit. Luck threw 3 terrible interceptions... DBrown even fumbled. But TRich is the one that catches all the flack. He did F up... I think he still has a place on this team, and even as a starter down the road, but obviously this year has not gone his way at all. I still recognize his skillset and physical assets too much to think that he's a throw-away. He had been playin decent ball in the previous weeks. I don't know that making the switch "made a major difference" as our run-game had little to do with this game. Our leading rusher was almost Luck.

On a good note, and related tangent... it seems the coaches decided to do what we all wanted and put the ball in Luck's hands.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-04-2014 at 11:37 PM.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: