Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

The Colts most certainly do not have "great talent and depth" especially on offense.

I'd be so sick to my stomach if I were a KC fan, good thing I'm not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't even concentrate on the Pacers game. I'm still in a state of shock over the Colts.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indy had $36mill in dead money last year.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Luck didn't have a great team his first year or even this year and most of the better players on the colts were on IR.
    My last post because this should be about celebrating the Colts.

1. Dead money IMO is not as bad as having money just taken away. Esp when I fully believe the Redskins had offer sheets made up and ready to fax, then 2 years ago they found out about the 18M per season penalty. Thats not money that you had to pay interest on like a credit card, thats money you had stolen out of your checking account (bad analogy)

2. I had this conversation a lot last year, mostly with KM, but I think this year showed RG3 was the O-line look better than they were. and short of Morris and Garcon....the redskins didnt really have any offensive playmakers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    holy crap people still think Luck and RG3 are close competitively speaking? arguing that after this game is going to be pretty hard....

Yes, Luck with one playoff win and they are not even close

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No such thing as luck. He took his licks, made a few mistakes, flushed it, then went out and dropped 35 points in a quarter and a half. He's a massive baller.

There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Hey guys, lets stop being petty jackasses with RG3 cheap shots. Andrew Luck just wins the biggest game of his career. Lets talk about that.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I wouldn't trade Luck for ANYONE, he is unbelievable, same with Hilton!! What a game! Go Colts!

T Y was AMAZING today. No other way to put it

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    holy crap people still think Luck and RG3 are close competitively speaking? arguing that after this game is going to be pretty hard....

I think his point is that you need more than two seasons to decide this and what are you deciding it on.

I mean early on many thought the Giants were morons to give up so much for Eli Manning especially when Rivers/Kaeding/Merriman were considered so great at the time. FF a few years later the Giants have 2 SBs thanks to Eli, Merriman is out of the league and so is Kaeding. Rivers I say wasn't bad for them. But the Giants won that deal if all you count are rings.

I think both teams made the right choices for them. While I never wanted RG3 here I'm not going to say he's a bust many said the same about Cam Newton a year ago and look at him now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

No such thing as luck. He took his licks, made a few mistakes, flushed it, then went out and dropped 35 points in a quarter and a half.

Wait, what?

Luck is definitely a real thing. If that fumble bounces in the endzone the momentum totally changes. The ball literally popped up to him (It was funny to see his WTF reaction as the ball literally landed in his arms)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    If the Colts lost that game (which I'm sure most people thought they would) he would be a large part why throwing 3 picks. Like I said better to be Luck-y than good.
    See my previous quote that when you are down 2-3 touchdowns, throwing to guys significantly height challenged and you have two untested WRs you take chances. The throw to TY that was bobbled by him can't be considered Luck's fault. Peyton always had his fair share of pics.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post

1. Dead money IMO is not as bad as having money just taken away. Esp when I fully believe the Redskins had offer sheets made up and ready to fax, then 2 years ago they found out about the 18M per season penalty. Thats not money that you had to pay interest on like a credit card, thats money you had stolen out of your checking account (bad analogy)

2. I had this conversation a lot last year, mostly with KM, but I think this year showed RG3 was the O-line look better than they were. and short of Morris and Garcon....the redskins didnt really have any offensive playmakers

Yes, Luck with one playoff win and they are not even close

For the record I have no opinion regarding RGIII

19. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait, what?

Luck is definitely a real thing. If that fumble bounces in the endzone the momentum totally changes. The ball literally popped up to him (It was funny to see his WTF reaction as the ball literally landed in his arms)
    Luck is hardly the main factor in his game, and it gets tiring hearing it. When you're good, good things happen.

There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No offense VA, but I'm here to enjoy this win. Not wasting anymore time defending him.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

No offense VA, but I'm here to enjoy this win. Not wasting anymore time defending him.

FTR, the Luck conversation had nothing to do with RG3. But even if you think you make your own Luck (which I do) I think think its crazy to say Luck is not a factor in football

24. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

It's just crazy how much the Colts have haunted the Chiefs in the playoffs over the last couple of decades: 95 (Divisional @Arrowhead), 03 (Divisional @Arrowhead), 06 (Wildcard @Indy), 13 (Wildcard @Indy). A lot of regular season wins against them through the years too.

No such thing as luck. He took his licks, made a few mistakes, flushed it, then went out and dropped 35 points in a quarter and a half. He's a massive baller.

And had they lost would you say they were unlucky? Or outplayed. I mean most of us including myself underestimated KC here. Luck (pardon the pun) factors into things here I mean the Chiefs had how many players get injured in this game? And that Brown fumble that Luck recovered and scored a TD on.. pure skill eh?

It was a game where the stars aligned just like the AFC Title game against the Pats if Reche Caldwell had caught that wide open pass we wouldn't have a SB right now.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    See my previous quote that when you are down 2-3 touchdowns, throwing to guys significantly height challenged and you have two untested WRs you take chances. The throw to TY that was bobbled by him can't be considered Luck's fault. Peyton always had his fair share of pics.
    Of course he did and he was always labeled a choker because of it I fail to see how Luck should be treated differently.

Wait, what?

That play reminded me of the Michigan - Notre Dame game under the lights in 2011 where the ball bounced right to Denard Robinson for the score. I knew the Colts were going to win after that game (they're never out of a game with Luck as the QB).

And if you're going to compare Luck to a QB in his "generation", it's Russell Wilson, not RGIII.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Luck has been hit more than any QB in the last two years but his physique, mental toughness, and intelligence have allowed him to lead the Colts to back to back playoff appearances and now a playoff win in just his second season.

He IMPROVED. RGIII regressed and even when he was supposed to be healthy he looked like crap.

Luck was ALWAYS the better QB and that will continue tom prove itself over the coming years.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Of course he did and he was always labeled a choker because of it I fail to see how Luck should be treated differently.
    How can you be labeled a choker when you win the game? Manning would make mistakes towards the end of games when you really need it most. When we really needed it today Luck was the MVP on the field. The guy flat out doesn't get rattled.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    That play reminded me of the Michigan - Notre Dame game under the lights in 2011 where the ball bounced right to Denard Robinson for the score. I knew the Colts were going to win after that game (they're never out of a game with Luck as the QB).

And if you're going to compare Luck to a QB in his "generation", it's Russell Wilson, not RGIII.
    The Seahawks might have gone undefeated with Luck at QB. The Colts are not a deep team and Luck has had to carry them so many times over his young career.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And had they lost would you say they were unlucky? Or outplayed. I mean most of us including myself underestimated KC here. Luck (pardon the pun) factors into things here I mean the Chiefs had how many players get injured in this game? And that Brown fumble that Luck recovered and scored a TD on.. pure skill eh?

It was a game where the stars aligned just like the AFC Title game against the Pats if Reche Caldwell had caught that wide open pass we wouldn't have a SB right now.
    Of course I would have said we were outplayed. I never chalk things up to good or bad luck, stopped doing that years ago. Life, like football, is about pushing through adversity and making plays.

If you don't, you get outplayed, and likely lose.

Luck is often more about probability and putting yourself in a position to benefit from a 50/50 situation. And therefore... it's not usually as "random" as you think. A football bouncing a certain way isn't luck, it's probable. Buying 1 lottery ticket and winning $600 million --- THAT'S "luck".
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-04-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    How can you be labeled a choker when you win the game? Manning would make mistakes towards the end of games when you really need it most. When we really needed it today Luck was the MVP on the field. The guy flat out doesn't get rattled.

I'm sorry isn't Manning still labeled a choker now and he's actually won an SB.

My point is even when the Colts won in 2006 Manning threw 3 picks in that game had we lost he would be blamed and it would be warranted.

Luck threw 3 picks as well had the Colts lost this game I figure Luck should get the same treatement. He wouldn't though.

Luck was money down the stretch though. He played his best when it mattered most. That has been his MO his entire career.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

All two seasons.....

Don't get me wrong this is a signature win in his growing career.

But the Colts were also very lucky to win this game that many of us thought was going to be a blowout by the Colts not an epic collapse by the Chiefs. They can't start that slow in the first half with whoever we play next week and Luck has to protect that ball.

Of course I would have said we were outplayed. I never chalk things up to good or bad luck, stopped doing that years ago. Life, like football, is about pushing through adversity and making plays.

If you don't, you get outplayed, and likely lose.

Luck is often more about probability and putting yourself in a position to benefit from a 50/50 situation. And therefore... it's not usually as "random" as you think. A football bouncing a certain way isn't luck, it's probable. Buying 1 lottery ticket and winning $600 million --- THAT'S "luck".
    I followed you until the football analogy.

What if the ball bounced to KC on said play? Is that still luck (bad play)?