Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

I love a good Pags postgame speech.

BTW... It should be mentioned- Major props to DHB on his blocking that took out 2 guys and allowed Brown to score from the receiver position in that funky quad receiver set the Colts had in on one play.

Although his pass catching is questionable at best, he seems to have taken his demotion like a pro and is being a good teammate and doing whatever the team asks him to do. The nice blocking on that TD.... a big hit on special teams the other day...

And honestly, that play Saturday took advantage of his skills and used him in a way that he could really contribute to the win without really gambling on his not dropping a pass. And in a formation that didn't really sellout on what was coming.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

first take on in 12 minutes... stephen a smith will give us props like normal and Skip will probably bring tebow into the conversation

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    first take on in 12 minutes... stephen a smith will give us props like normal and Skip will probably bring tebow into the conversation
    Oh my gosh lol I said the same thing in the Colts vs Pats thread lol!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    Oh my gosh lol I said the same thing in the Colts vs Pats thread lol!!!!
    and we said that at the same time... that is a little creepy... haha

But everybody knows we're right!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Yeah, Stephen A. Smith has been giving the Colts and Luck props for a long time. Skip will go on one of those rants where he calls Luck "Andrew Luck-y" while cherry picking everything that Luck did wrong and attributing his successes to luck and blunders by the Chiefs. Skip is one of those people who completely revolves his opinions around his biases and desperately cherry picks things to make his predictions look right. He will never like Luck for two reasons: 1) He said that the Colts made a mistake when they released Manning, and 2) He said that RG3 would be better than Luck. Therefore, he will forever try to downplay everything Luck does so that he can desperately hold on to the idea that he was "right".

I head him say not too long ago that Brady should be the MVP this year because of what he did with a depleted NE roster. Nothing wrong with that per se because Brady did indeed do a lot with a depleted roster. But Brady's numbers are very close to Luck's and he only won one more game than Luck. Yet would you ever say Skip say that Luck should be in the MVP debate? No way.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Oh, but in all honesty I'm expecting a 25 minute segment on the Knicks before they even talk about the NFL playoffs
    Last edited by Believe_in_blue; 01-06-2014 at 10:02 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

People actually watch 1st take ??

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I don't very often but I'm snowed in today and not going to work. I will admit that I do record it sometimes though

snowed in

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Well Skip started talking and I'm about to turn it off.

Skip is such an idiot.....KC had injuries.... yet so did we...Allen,Bradshaw,Ballard,REGGIE WAYNE ect.... ridiculous

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Skip is such an idiot.....KC had injuries.... yet so did we...Allen,Bradshaw,Ballard,REGGIE WAYNE ect.... ridiculous

If the Colts somehow win in NE, Skip wont' give Luck any props at all. Book it. It will be about everything that the Pats did/didn't do.

Luck is 22-10 and 1-1 in the playoffs with a roster that isn't exactly elite, yet all of Luck's successes are because of blind luck.

Shocking that a 45-44 victory involved some lucky breaks. No *****! Of course you have to have some things fall your way to win a playoff game by 1 point. You can look at literally every close playoff game in NFL history and cherry pick things that the losing team did which cost them the game. It's about execution. The Colts executed just a little more than the Chiefs.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If the Colts somehow win in NE, Skip wont' give Luck any props at all. Book it. It will be about everything that the Pats did/didn't do.

Luck is 22-10 and 1-1 in the playoffs with a roster that isn't exactly elite, yet all of Luck's successes are because of blind luck.

Shocking that a 45-44 victory involved some lucky breaks. No *****! Of course you have to have some things fall your way to win a playoff game by 1 point. You can look at literally every close playoff game in NFL history and cherry pick things that the losing team did which would have won them the game. It's about execution. The Colts executed just a little more than the Chiefs.
    If RG3 did what Luck did Skip would call him GOAT

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

If RG3 did what Luck did Skip would call him GOAT

Exactly. I was snowed in today and just couldn't resist seeing what this clown would have to say. It was all so predictable.

Skip can at times offer insightful opinions, but he is mostly driven by his biases and revolves every opinion around his original predictions so that he can prove he was "right". If RG3 ever has a playoff comeback like Luck just had, Skip will immediately lobby to put him in the HOF. Do you really think he would be cherry picking things that RG3 did wrong if he won a game like that? Would he be talking about how the opponent blew it? No way. He would be gushing about the magical throws and epic comebacks.

Like I said, Skip's anti Luck views have nothing to do with Luck's play on the field and everything to do with his predictions he made two years ago. He said that the Colts made a mistake in cutting Manning and that they should have drafted RG3 once they did cut Manning. Admitting any positives about Luck means that his original opinions were wrong.

Haven't you folks figured out 1st take yet ?? I watched it once for about 5 minutes and it was clear.

One mediot take stance A on a given subject. The other mediot immediataely takes stance B.

Repeat.

There's no insight, knowledge, analysis or anything else involved. It's purely for someone's entertainment - not mine tho.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Haven't you folks figured out 1st take yet ?? I watched it once for about 5 minutes and it was clear.

One mediot take stance A on a given subject. The other mediot immediataely takes stance B.

Repeat.

There's no insight, knowledge, analysis or anything else involved. It's purely for someone's entertainment - not mine tho.
    We all know what it's about, and sometimes it's entertaining just to watch Skip embarrass himself. Many of us are just watching today because were snowed in.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think what many fail to understand is that the Skip Bayless you see on TV is a CHARACTER not an actual person. The poor guy gets death threats and all of this over a CHARACTER he plays to make money. The real Skip Bayless is not like that, matter fact I just read an article on this the other day let me see if I can dig it up.
    Edit: Got it. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...f2c_story.html
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

33. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Pretty much although I admit I do agree with Stephen A on a lot of things

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    I think what many fail to understand is that the Skip Bayless you see on TV is a CHARACTER not an actual person. The poor guy gets death threats and all of this over a CHARACTER he plays to make money. The real Skip Bayless is not like that, matter fact I just read an article on this the other day let me see if I can dig it up.
    I'm going to post a quote from that exact article you linked:

He swears, “from the bottom of my soul and my heart,” that he’s not playing a character and he’s not arguing for the sake of arguing. “That would be against my constitution, against my religion, against who I am,” he says.
    Edit: Here's another:

“Skip was not well-liked. . . . He had an ego like nobody else in the world, and he was very reclusive,” says Dave Smith, the former sports editor of the Morning News.
    Sooo...he's exactly the way he seems on TV it would seem.
    Last edited by cdash; 01-06-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Not a character, according to the article.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Not a character, according to the article.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    Of course he isn't going to come out and say "It is just a character I play" That would completely ruin the show, negative attention is attention nontheless, and for some reason it seems like people nowadays are more like to watch something with someone they hate on it just for the sake of hating on said person.
    Everyone says "First Take is so garbage" but it gets not bad ratings. Why? Controversial, borderline maniacal claims from Skip. Without Skip, that show fails.

If you read the full article (it is a long drawn out read I know) you get a little sense that Skip is a little different than who he portrays himself to be on that show. So maybe it isn't a full "character" but in no way do I believe that he is himself on First take (or any ESPN affiliated appearances.)

Also in the article it says he is shy, which is a pretty drastic change, really the complete opposite, of what he is on first take.

The main though I wanted to get out was that I don't like how seriously and violently people react to him, when he is basically just a real life troll. I don't like a lot of the things Skip says, but I feel bad that the dude can't go anywhere or even get on social media without multiple death threats. That's ********. This is the US of A, where we try to pride ourselves on being "free" and "independent" yet when anyone diverges from the social norm they are persecuted.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I despise him either way. Even if he plays a character, that basically makes him a troll.
    He also doesn't sound like the most knowledgeable person around, especially when it comes to basketball. I guess it's the same about football too. Plus he has some creepy psychopathic looks on his face at times.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth