Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to be a realist here I think we were more lucky(pardon the pun) than good to beat KC the way we did. Especially since we were expected to beat them in a less dramatic fashion.

Belichick is more likely to run the ball with Blount and Co. Brady has beaten the Colts with less unfortunately. I just don't see Pagano outsmarting Belichick here.
    Lucky? What was lucky about that win? We absolutely DECIMATED them in the second half, which is nothing new to Colt's football, **** in the first half and great in the second. I am so damn tired of all the mediots attributing this great win to LUCK. **** that, if anything the Chiefs were lucky to even be close to us.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

If it were here I'd agree but in Foxboro I don't think so. Its not impossible but I just don't see it. And don't give me how SD won in Cincinnati the Bengals are an epic disappointment not having won a playoff game since 1990.
    We didn't get to this point by beating just lousy teams. The colts have knocked off some pretty good teams to get here so it's more than not impossible. Not clear the Pats are better than SF, Seattle, Denver, KC. The colts may be a team of destiny. We just never know.

The Patriots are as inconsistent as the Colts. They needed the refs to beat Cleveland for them, they lost to the Dolphins like we did, they barely snuck by Houston like we did once, and they needed a miracle comeback to beat the Broncos. They aren't any better than we are without Mayo, Wilfork, and Gronk. However, I would rather play Peyton because he hasn't had a good game outdoors in January since January 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Lucky? What was lucky about that win? We absolutely DECIMATED them in the second half, which is nothing new to Colt's football, **** in the first half and great in the second. I am so damn tired of all the mediots attributing this great win to LUCK. **** that, if anything the Chiefs were lucky to even be close to us.

That the Chiefs players were dropping like flies and the fumble bounce TD yes I do think luck was a factor(and not just the QB either) in our win we were also the better team but if we were honest with ourselves digging a hole like that we should've lost but fortunately we did not. I mean who thought we'd give up 44 points to the Chiefs when two weeks ago they only scored 7.

I knew we'd win but I never thought a dramatic comeback was needed to make it happen.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol you need to let go of the lucky thing. They lost guys during this game --- Indy lost darn near half of their offensive starters this year. Its not lucky to fumble the ball on the 1, Luck stuck with the play and fixed it. It's not a guarantee that a fumble is automatically recovered by the defense, it's a 50/50 shot. The "luck" was bad for us too, just applied differently. It doesn't matter. You gotta move on and keep playing.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-05-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Meh, virtually every close playoff win in NFL history has had a little bit of "luck" to it. I can certainly think of some "lucky" moments during the 06 AFC Title game. To win at the highest level in football against a talented opponent, you need to catch some breaks. I'm not going to lose sleep over it though.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

You can't compare injuries throughout the year versus those during a game. At least during the year you can adjust but during a playoff game no less to lose Charles, Flowers, their other RB, Houston yes even I think the odds of that are rather slim and did factor into their loss against us.

The Colts caught some breaks with the Chiefs and capitalized. Its still a win.

I'm trying to be a realist here I think we were more lucky(pardon the pun) than good to beat KC the way we did. Especially since we were expected to beat them in a less dramatic fashion.

Belichick is more likely to run the ball with Blount and Co. Brady has beaten the Colts with less unfortunately. I just don't see Pagano outsmarting Belichick here.
    Whats lucky? We were lucky Hilton beat their corners? Were we lucky that Luck made good throws? Were we lucky our defense played like they were capable of in the 2nd half? It wasn't luck, we just got our heads out of our asses

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are games where breaks are had, but this game to me wasn't one of those. This game was as simple as "a tale of two halves", which is simply one team getting off to good game plan and the second team adjusts and reverses the table. We outplayed them in the second half as much as they outplayed us in the first. It was enough to get the W.

The officiating was fair, there were no crazy calls. It was a fair win by a team that took one helluva opening punch and then delivered one of their own.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Whats lucky? We were lucky Hilton beat their corners? Were we lucky that Luck made good throws? Were we lucky our defense played like they were capable of in the 2nd half? It wasn't luck, we just got our heads out of our asses
    Yes a bit of luck was involved just like there was luck involved when we came back to beat the Patriots in the AFC title game. I thought we were the better team for both those games but we caught breaks in both of them and capitalized.

You can't compare injuries throughout the year versus those during a game. At least during the year you can adjust but during a playoff game no less to lose Charles, Flowers, their other RB, Houston yes even I think the odds of that are rather slim and did factor into their loss against us.

The Colts caught some breaks with the Chiefs and capitalized. Its still a win.
    I don't give a **** who got hurt on offense... they scored 44 points, it obviously didn't effect them, i can argue Charles going down helped them. Flowers isn't THAT good. He got in the probowl on his name alone

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bad luck during the season MOST CERTAINLY affects things, namely just MAKING the playoffs.

Flowers and Houston played on defense though and yes I do think those injuries were tough to overcome. I do think them losing that second RB was a killer for them that helped us a lot because the team was prepared for Charles but not for the other dude.

I was worried about them losing Charles because we'd gameplanned for Charles. The other guy had already gotten some game experience last week and was relatively fresh. Plus he'd spent all season learning from Charles. The 2nd RB on the depth chart isn't exactly garbage usually no matter how good the #1 is. That's why in fantasy football when a starter goes down everybody goes to the waiver wire trying to get the backup. In fact, the better the #1 and the more the team utilizes him and builds their offense around him, the better the chances they are prepared with a backup to plug in if he goes down.

Meanwhile, we probably had very little time even thinking about Charles' backup... especially as him being the featured back.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Charles not playing is negated by Smith & Davis having the games of their life. Houston was lost on the last relevant defensive snap of the game. Injury stuff being way overblown.

So glad we're going to foxboro. Those hoping for Denver or thinking we had a better chance against them are delusional.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:

I do only because the Pats always manage to win at home (even when they didn't deserve to but I digress. Plus I don't see Pagano outcoaching Belichick.

This has been a good weekend as far as games the only disappointment was the Chargers/Bengals and not just the result but it was boring.

Nobody shoulf be making any definitive statements about the Colts, because nobody knows which Colts team is going to show up.

More specifically, we don't know if the defense and/or o-line will show up.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

The Pats are very similar to the Colts this year. They aren't as consistently scary as in years past, but like Luck, Brady can pull wins out of his ***.

If the "good" versions of both teams show up, it will be a hell of a game. If either "bad" team shows up, it will likely be a blowout.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

that was a fun game to go to ha
    Smothered Chicken!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    that was a fun game to go to ha
    Is it true Lucas Oil Stadium shook after the Mathis strip sack?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I figured the loudest was the last Hilton deep TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I figured the loudest was the last Hilton deep TD.

I heard it was just loud the entire game lol

It was loud the entire game, but from the point of the Hilton TD until we won it was deafeningly loud. The entire stadium was screaming and you couldn't hear anything from the person next to you. Awesomeness.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Yeah and that siren audio thing - undoubtedly annoying had we never gotten back in - actually ended up being an effective call to noise making.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata