Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess. I do think TRich gets piled on a bit. Luck threw 3 terrible interceptions... DBrown even fumbled. But TRich is the one that catches all the flack. He did F up... I think he still has a place on this team, and even as a starter down the road, but obviously this year has not gone his way at all. I still recognize his skillset and physical assets too much to think that he's a throw-away. I don't know that it "made a major difference" as our run-game had little to do with this game. Our leading rusher was almost Luck.
    I don't blame T-Rich for this game he was the least of our problems even if I didn't like the trade. I just think he wasn't effective today and they went with someone that was I was afraid they would be stubborn and try to force a square peg into a round hole and they didn't. They went with what worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I guess. I do think TRich gets piled on a bit. Luck threw 3 terrible interceptions... DBrown even fumbled. But TRich is the one that catches all the flack. He did F up... I think he still has a place on this team, and even as a starter down the road, but obviously this year has not gone his way at all. I still recognize his skillset and physical assets too much to think that he's a throw-away. He had been playin decent ball in the previous weeks. I don't know that making the switch "made a major difference" as our run-game had little to do with this game. Our leading rusher was almost Luck.
    When you are down that much INTs are too be expected. As the QB has to take bigger risks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

By the way, both Kid Minneapolis and I mentioned Bethea's TD saving tackle on the long completion to Bowe. If that's a TD, this game is lost. Lots of big plays down the stretch, but that early one turned out to be just as big.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Freakin' McAfee, lol.... he's a hoot. Use the ol' noggin, son.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Back from the game and finally ate dinner. Greatest fan experience of my entire life. Totally worth whatever money I spent...which is funny, because at halftime I was thinking what a humongous waste of money. I'm still on a high right now. Wow.

I don't know how it felt on TV, but at the end of the game, it was deafeningly loud. How was it on TV?

You gotta give the crowd credit, we never really lost hope. We were yelling and screaming even when we were down by 28.

We are a flawed team. Our defense was terrible in the first half, and the offense had way too many dumb turnovers. But no matter what the problems, what the issues, this team DOES NOT GIVE UP. What a testament to Chuck.
    I watched this game from home, but when Hilton scored that final TD, I said to my wife, "This game is almost on the level of the 2006 AFC championship game" in terms of crowd frenzy. I still haven't been to a game that matched that game (when Addai went in for the go-ahead, and then Hayden or Jackson picked Brady off to end the game, it hit absolute white-noise level in that place, so many demons exorcised that night, I couldn't talk for a week after that)... but this game has to be a very close second in terms of overall awesomeness. What an awesome experience for those who were able to go.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't mind seeing us utilize T-Rich in the passing game some next week. That fumble was absolutely atrocious, but it was just one of many things that caused us to get in a deep hole. The defense was beyond putrid and made Alex Smith look like a Tom Brady/Michael Vick hybrid. Luck's first two interceptions were awful and the third wasn't that good of a throw either.

Like Rodney Harrison said, I'm a little surprised that the Chiefs didn't double up T.Y. more.

Lets not minimize how big Whalen has been the last 4-5 games. So glad to see him prove me right. There were a TON of posters on the Colts board that said he doesn't have NFL talent. Don't think too many of them are talking now

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been a fan of Whalen, too, I like what he's made of. Been rooting for him to make the team since I watched him at Stanford with Luck.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What the Luck happened?

(And why do I have a feeling that I'm going to LMAO reading through this thread?)
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, I knew Hilton had a huge game, but I didn't realize he had 224 yards! 2 touchdowns to boot. That is domination.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What we're seeing is Luck finding rapport with these young receivers after having his bell rung losing Wayne a few months ago. I think that may have been an important thing to happen to Luck's growth (and also to the growth of our receiving corp) by losing his security blanket. It forced him to branch out a bit, and now he's distributing the pill all over the field. Look at the box score, he completed passes to six guys, and five of them had 45+ yards.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I was at Pats win 2006 for AFC Championship and the one today, and I found today's to be even more electric and fantastic. Not to take anything away from 06. It too was sublime. The magnitude of the game and the opponent was more, but the comeback itself and what we had to overcome was nowhere near it. I agree with an earlier poster in this thread. There was more of a sense in 06 that the team was at a point that it should not have been in that position trailing big at half. But this team is such an enigma, and I'm thinking at half "well I guess we see which Colts team was the real one this season". And then they refuse to lose and produce an absolute miracle.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Still in shock.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

So either NE or Denver. Team I think we can beat is Denver. Team I want to beat is the Pats. I just hate the idea that the Colts could end up furthering the Peyton chokes in the playoffs argument.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya, but the 2006 game was against the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (all caps because of the magnitude of it all and what they represented at the time) and the fact that it was the AFC championship game, and Manning hadn't yet shook the "choker" label, and then we were goin to our first SB. I gotta go with 2006... but this game was still cool as hell. I'd easily say this is the second coolest home game we've had since the Colts came to town.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I doubted the team so hard. I was down on the D, on Pagano, on Luck, on everyone after the first half. Second half made me luck dumb and feel dumb, and I was very happy about that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe they come back from 28 down, unbelievable and fantastic!
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Dang people. You all give up way too easily. Glad you aren't all coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I doubted the team so hard. I was down on the D, on Pagano, on Luck, on everyone after the first half. Second half made me luck dumb and feel dumb, and I was very happy about that.

Ha yeah same here. But all of the negative feelings were completely justified at the time. That first half was hideous.

I figured they would win because I found it too easy for the Chiefs to score that many points in the first half.

I was more shocked that we gave up 44 points in a playoff game to the Chiefs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I gotta come out now... I said "later y'all" about 10 pages ago, but I kept watching every minute. I always do.

In fact... I'd wager that me saying that actually propelled us to a win. We all know that when fans post "we suck, l8r guys", the team media spotters phone it in to the team officials, who then relay the message to our coaches/players, "Okay guys, we can stop pretending to lose now, let's go get this win."

Which is why I said, "l8r guys". Was all part of the plan. They do all that for the dramatic aspect, makes for good ratings.

I actually missed most of the third quarter I have to admit. The girl I am seeing asked if now would be a good time to try Zelda Link to the Past. She wanted to try videogames again and thats the one I picked.

So in an effort to shield myself from the badness I put it on.

But when we had the ball down 17, we turned it off.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this is how Colt's offensive huddles go to start the game:

Luck: Alright dudes, how many points we want to spot them before we start our comeback?
    Costonzo: I'm thinking 9.
    Luck: 9?
    Costonzo: Ya, I'm gonna let a guy get by for a safety, just to see if you actually can take a safety.
    Hilton: Hey guys, I just talked to Wayne on the sidelines, he told me we're pansies if we go with anything short of a 21-point hole.
    Fleener: I told Redding to have his boys lay down for 2 quarters, so we got this.
    Luck: We've already done 21-point comeback... ah F it, let's see if we can do 28. Ready? Let's line up before the play-clock winds down.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

KC's newspaper is a hoot:

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

34. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

I am going to a little horse tomorrow because of the game...
    Last edited by Natston; 01-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post: