Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

Default Re: Playoffs: WC vs Chiefs

I just got a bunch of tickets. Excited to go to a Colts game this year that's indoors and with heating (thanks Cincy).

However, I've just sealed our fate.

Colts 17
    Chiefs 23
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just got a bunch of tickets. Excited to go to a Colts game this year that's indoors and with heating (thanks Cincy).

However, I've just sealed our fate.

Colts 17
    Chiefs 23
    Did you buy enough tickets to lift the blackout?

I dipped into my personal unlimited money fund and bought tickets for everyone in Indy
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I do hope it sells out in time. It would really be embarrassing to have a playoff game blacked out. I know Indy fans have been spoiled with plenty of home playoff games over the years but they are all special and you never know how long it'll be until the next one. Also, there are so many die-hard colts fans who just can't afford to go Saturday that deserve to see the game. I'm guessing someone will help out and buy up the remaining tickets though.

My season tickets are up in sec. 627 but I stand on the railing in front of sec. 153 with is just above the lower level seats above the "Colts" end one. You have to stand the whole game but it's a much better view than the terrace level. You can also stand at the bud light zone which is just above. So if your hesitant to buy nosebleed seats you have options if your willing to stand and get there a little bit early. Go Colts!

You'd think if the Colts could sell out all of their regular season home games they could sell out a playoff game.

Cincy and Green Bay haven't sold out either.

It has to do with season tickets. The reason their struggling to sell out is because they make season ticket holders buy two games and you get a credit if they only have one. This is standard NFL policy but folks cant shell out that kind of cash right after Christmas. The season ticket bill isn't due until March so there's time to save and some people can use their tax return as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't think there will be a blackout. If there are many left unsold, either Irsay or the sponsors will buy them.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm just ready to watch this game. I'm glad it's on Saturday. The days leading up to a Colts playoff game are always very nerve racking. I just really want this win for Luck, Pagano, and all of the players and coaches who have worked so hard to right the ship after the last month. Winning this game would show that we are making significant improvements on a year by year basis. If we win it, then we'll be playing on house money the following week. I'll really be pulling for Cincy if we win this game because I'd much rather go to Denver than Foxboro.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Wouldn't we go to Denver if Cincy won? I thought the only way we would play NE is if the Chargers won.

Edit: Sorry Sollozzo I didn't read your post right. I thought you said you would rather to Foxboro.
    Last edited by Believe_in_blue; 01-02-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    Wouldn't we go to Denver if Cincy won? I thought the only way we would play NE is if the Chargers won.

Same thing

The divisional round doesn't matter unless we take care of business in the wildcard round. They main reason I want them to win Sunday is so the young players and coaches can get more playoff experience. If you look at the Ravens last year I really think their experience in the post season was key (plus they got lucky in Denver). I'm not expecting much past the wildcard round but you never know, this team has surprised us before!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

If KC doesn't serve us a whopping helping of Jamaal Charles, they don't deserve to even be close. He was gauging us at Arrowhead they went away from it. If we can establish a lead it will be a major advantage since they will be compelled to throw more. This game is going to be really interesting to see just how far we've come (or haven't come) as other posters allude to in this thread.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Here's why I'm confident we will win the game: our DBs vs Chiefs WRs. The first game was the first one back for Toler and you can tell it made a huge difference. With Davis, Toler, and Butler as your top 3 CBs, the Chiefs receivers are going to have a real tough time getting open with press coverage. That leaves Alex Smith to rely on Charles for offense, and if we play our safeties closer to the line of scrimmage, then we have a great chance to shut down their offense. If we can get a 10-14 pt lead by the 2nd half, I don't think they have enough explosiveness on offense to come back, especially with Mathis teeing off on him.

The other big key is protection for Luck with Houston and Hali playing. He needs to be given to time to throw the ball and let his receivers get open, which they can against a subpar secondary with KC. Protect Luck and we'll win. And I don't want to see Satele at center

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is a swarm of Chief fans who made the trip...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    There is a swarm of Chief fans who made the trip...
    Can't say that I didn't expect it. We'll just have to make even more noise to drown them out.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I'm off to the game. Go Colts! Let's get Luck's first win

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I wonder what changed...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-over-colts/

Chiefs now favored over Colts

In the first wild-card game of the weekend, the home team is now a slight underdog.

According to multiple websites monitoring point spreads at Nevada sports books, the Chiefs are favored by 1-to-2.5 points as of early Saturday afternoon.

The Colts opened as 2.5-point favorites earlier in the week. A check of the Jim Feist, Marc Lawrence and ProFootballReference.com point spread archives shows that the Colts havenít been a home underdog in a postseason game since at least moving to Indianapolis in 1984.

The Colts are hosting a playoff game for the first time since January 8, 2011, when they fell to the Jets 17-16. Indianapolis was a two-point favorite against New York.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh man I just started feeling tense right about ten minutes ago. Very anxious about the game now. Come on Colts!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody knows about the projected starting OL line up? Am sure Satele is starting

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    wth? they have the chiefs favored over us, not only that but they CHANGED it to that...
    If that isn't on the bulletin board then Pags is doing something wrong, I hope that we go out there and whoop their *** even worse than last time
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

Mood

LETS DO THIS ****
    3000th Post :

Mood

Please no.
    3000th Post :

Mood

Holding/.............................................
    3000th Post :

Mood

Also the worst tackling angle ever By Bethea, wtf?
    3000th Post :

Banned

Yep the D sucks