Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Solo Hill to the mad ants

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Solo Hill to the mad ants

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw that. I tend to wonder why he's complaining. It's not like they benched him.
    I would imagine he was told that the benefit to him of doing this would be playing time. If he didn't think he was getting enough for it to be a benefit over practicing against stars, why wouldn't he say something?

I don't have a problem with guys expressing themselves. I only have a problem if they keep on about it and don't work it out with the coaches or the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I would imagine he was told that the benefit to him of doing this would be playing time. If he didn't think he was getting enough for it to be a benefit over practicing against stars, why wouldn't he say something?

I don't have a problem with guys expressing themselves. I only have a problem if they keep on about it and don't work it out with the coaches or the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Eh, I tend to think that this is something that should be said to the coaching staff and not a blog writer. As was said it's open to interpretation and the way I took it was him complaining.

I know the Pistons just assigned a couple of player to the Ants last week as well. The Ants knew going in that he was there for only a couple of games. I wonder if he ever even practiced with them prior to playing. Sure they are there to develop a player but they are also there to win games and they may not have felt he was able to do that without being involved in a couple of practices.

But at the end of the day whether the Ants are right or Hill is right or they are both wrong or whatever it doesn't matter, to me this is not something you take to the press. It could potentially damage any form of relationship we have with them and I for one prefer to have our players go to the D league when we know that we have a thick schedule and wont be doing real practices.

Just my

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

But so far I think he's been the Solomon Hill of the Mad Ants.
    Have you seen him play? I saw the first game but I missed the second and he looked quite good in the minutes I saw.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

I saw that. I tend to wonder why he's complaining. It's not like they benched him.
    He was benched in the 4th quarter of their game against the Iowa Energy and that's why he complained about it.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    The real interesting thing is that the Pacers let it out and actually let an article come out with him saying on their own site. That leads me to believe that they agree with him and want to see some changes to the new coach's handling of Pacer players or they won't send more players there.

It's probably hard for a new coach to handle putting a completely new player into the lineup in the middle of the season, however, that's his job.
    There's a problem with the coach doing what a team wants though. The indycornrows article above says:

Fort Wayne is an affiliate team for a few different NBA teams so the Pacers aren't necessarily able to dictate the terms of any player's assignment
    , but you would hope both sides could work together to make the situation work better. Whether he likes it or not, barring injury (knock on nearest wood) Hill will likely spend another home stand in Fort Wayne before the season ends. Just sounds like it won't be Hill's choice the next time around.
    As for the last statement that it won't be Hill's choice next time, Vogel has said he doesn't want to send a player down unless they want to go. Of course he could be overruled by the front office, but Bird mostly leaves the running of the team up to the coach.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 01-05-2014 at 06:42 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    He was benched in the 4th quarter of their game against the Iowa Energy and that's why he complained about it.
    He was down there 2 games and averaged 30 minutes a game. The truth is, he just doesn't want to be there and the Pacers got that message and pulled him out.

Don't be surprised if he has a new address soon. Clearly Granger is looking like he's back.

Sports Logo

He was down there 2 games and averaged 30 minutes a game. The truth is, he just doesn't want to be there and the Pacers got that message and pulled him out.

Don't be surprised if he has a new address soon. Clearly Granger is looking like he's back.
    I really don't think that this is how it happened, mate.

Firstly, he was the one that asked the Pacers to go there. That's what the initial reports said. The guy wanted to play. The arrangement was to go there and play 2 games before being called up again. And that's pretty much what happened.

Solomon Hill played 33 minutes in his first game and he looked good. He looked happy. He would have played more than 33 minutes if it wasn't for foul trouble (he committed too many offensive fouls). However, he only played 26 minutes in the second game even though he didn't have foul trouble. I'm pretty sure that this is all about. It's about the second game.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

No he's made because they didn't play him in the fourth quarter for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, it seems like he thinks he should automatically become the Kobe Bryant of the Mad Ants just because he was drafted into the NBA.
    Compared to the rest of that roster, and considering the entire point is to give the NBA player a lot of burn... he probably should be treated as such on that team, IMO.

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt that any NBA player would elect to go to the NBDL. They may never make it back. Again, while I've read the article a lot of things are digested for public consumption.

As for him getting burn, I suppose it depends on what the Mad Ants are doing up there. Are they trying to win games or get NBA scrubs burn? If they are trying to win games, he may very well not have been the best option. The team did play exceptionally well in the 4th quarter and won without him...while they lost the prior game. Maybe that's what's burning with him.

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt that any NBA player would elect to go to the NBDL. They may never make it back.
    That's not how it works. It's not a demotion.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The truth is, he just doesn't want to be there and the Pacers got that message and pulled him out.
    The Mad Ants are playing their next three games in Reno. Probably more to do with it than anything.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

The Griz sent Jamaal Franklin to the Mad Ants. Played his first game this afternoon. I remember him being discussed around draft time.

Also Dewayne Dedmon played center for Santa Cruz against the Mad Ants. He's averaging 16 points and 15 rebounds. Might be a possible 3rd center option for the Pacers on a 10 day contract. He's a 7 footer with some baggage.

I haven't watched the game, just read the box score.