Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Solo Hill to the mad ants

Sports Logo

Default Re: Solo Hill to the mad ants

Anyone watched tonight's game? I just woke up so I missed it. I can re-watch it in YouTube but I want to know if anyone saw it live (either from being there or from watching the official stream).

In any case, this is Solo Hill's statline. 15 points (6/14 from the field, 3/8 from 3), 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist. He also had 2 turnovers. The Mad Ants apparently won big (130-116) against the Iowa Energy.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Conrad Brunner ‏@1070Bruno 3m

#Pacers made surprisingly quick recall of Solomon Hill from D-League after just two games.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conrad Brunner ‏@1070Bruno 3m

#Pacers made surprisingly quick recall of Solomon Hill from D-League after just two games.
    Makes me wonder about Danny..

Very, very strange to only let him play 2 games. Seems almost pointless
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

I wonder if its weather-related. They don't want Solo stuck in Fort Wayne?

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Conrad Brunner ‏@1070Bruno 2m

Fort Wayne guru @reggiehayes1 reports #Pacers told MadAnts Solo would be there for 2 games when sent down, so turns out no surprise at all.

Nevermind, its the OJ/Plumlee routine from last year.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Nevermind, its the OJ/Plumlee routine from last year.
    Exactly. We saw this last year; no reason to think it's something different.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Part of me wonders if this is all about trade value.

Not to say they are looking to trade him, but at least to show other teams what kind of potential he has. They want him practicing against the Pacers players, as thats how he is going to get better, but since he doesn't see the court much they throw him down to the NBDL just for a few games so other teams can see what he can do. I can promise you when the whole Scola trade was being discussed that the Suns spent time watching some of Plumlee's NBDL games just to get a feel for the type of player he was. I wonder if that is the strategy behind it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Well from the latest article on pacers.com Solo doesn't have any interest in going back to play for the Ants again. He doesn't feel like he was given the minutes to develop. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    Well from the latest article on pacers.com Solo doesn't have any interest in going back to play for the Ants again. He doesn't feel like he was given the minutes to develop. Oh well.
    http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/1/4...gue-experience

"The D-League is for developing talent and I didn't get a chance to play," Hill said. "I sat the whole fourth quarter. It's like, is it really a developmental league? I'm very grateful for the opportunity to play with the Mad Ants organization, but in order for me to try to develop, I have to be on the floor. That just makes me think about my next trip, if I want to go back down there. I'm kind of not tempted to go back down there now just because if I go down there and play 25 minutes after a two-hour drive, it's like, am I really developing?

"I can really practice here and get better than playing 25 minutes in the Developmental League. It was good. It was good to see shots going in. It was good to compete still at a high level and I felt all in all, I [got] something from it."
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Wow... I am a bit shocked to hear Solo come out and say that so bluntly.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

The real interesting thing is that the Pacers let it out and actually let an article come out with him saying on their own site. That leads me to believe that they agree with him and want to see some changes to the new coach's handling of Pacer players or they won't send more players there.

It's probably hard for a new coach to handle putting a completely new player into the lineup in the middle of the season, however, that's his job.

Banned

They should send him back so he stops crying like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    The real interesting thing is that the Pacers let it out and actually let an article come out with him saying on their own site. That leads me to believe that they agree with him and want to see some changes to the new coach's handling of Pacer players or they won't send more players there.
    Then they need to buy their own D-League team like other teams have. Grab Fort Wayne before Detroit does unless Anderson gets the rumored D-league franchise for the Wigwam.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They should send him back so he stops crying like a baby.
    Wow. I don't know what else to say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Wow. I don't know what else to say.
    Read his quotes the guy is crying for driving 2 hours and playing 25 minutes cry me a river, how many kids do this every week to play for free? I did this few years ago in a soccer league to play for free and get hurt for free.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Read his quotes the guy is crying for driving 2 hours and playing 25 minutes cry me a river, how many kids do this every week to play for free? I did this few years ago in a soccer league to play for free and get hurt for free.
    I agree that he sounds whiny right here and maybe overall in his delivery, but I think his main point is valid. If he is just going to sit the bench, then perhaps he should just sit the bench here. It seems like the Mad Ants would have played him more, considering he is an actual NBA player, coming down to the Development League to...develop. Maybe he rubbed the Coach the wrong way or something....
    Last edited by mildlysane; 01-05-2014 at 02:30 PM.

I guess it's open to interpretation. I clearly didn't take it that way.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Solo had his chance to shine as a Pacer and he wasn't ready. He should feel fortunate he's even in the NBDL. Other players have risen up and become stars in the NBA. Time to set aside the ego, accept his situation and get to work. He's no better than any other person on that squad afaic.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Solo had his chance to shine as a Pacer and he wasn't ready. He should feel fortunate he's even in the NBDL. Other players have risen up and become stars in the NBA. Time to set aside the ego, accept his situation and get to work. He's no better than any other person on that squad afaic.

Yeah, it seems like he thinks he should automatically become the Kobe Bryant of the Mad Ants just because he was drafted into the NBA.

Curious on the D-league. Are we able to sign anyone from the Mad Ants to our active roster if we want to? I was a fan of Tony Mitchell coming out of college. I also think Solomon Hill will be a good role player for us down the line

But I agree with Solo... We sent him there to develop, not have him sit on the bench in the 4th quarter. Play the kid!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, it seems like he thinks he should automatically become the Kobe Bryant of the Mad Ants just because he was drafted into the NBA.
    If he's worthy of bringing back up, he will be brought back up. This is a test of character along with talent. If he's the Kobe Bryant of the Mad Ants I'm sure he will get minutes. But so far I think he's been the Solomon Hill of the Mad Ants.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    If he's worthy of bringing back up, he will be brought back up. This is a test of character along with talent. If he's the Kobe Bryant of the Mad Ants I'm sure he will get minutes. But so far I think he's been the Solomon Hill of the Mad Ants.
    He's been doing fine. Averaging 17 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 3 apg on 47% shooting

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    He's been doing fine. Averaging 17 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 3 apg on 47% shooting
    I saw that. I tend to wonder why he's complaining. It's not like they benched him.

Id like to see video of him talking about this before I call him a crybaby. We sent him down to get playing time, he should be getting playing time!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: