Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Week 17: *****es @ Colts

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 17: *****es @ Colts

Pacers vs Pelicans is nothing compared to an NFL playoff game. Come on. One is a playoff game that is one and done format and another is one of 41 home REGULAR season games.

I consider myself a hardcore Pacers fan and I don't even care about them playing the Pelicans in the regular season at home. We'll probably win and if we don't, no big deal. That can't be said for the Colts and add that to the fact it's on national television on NBC. My priority Saturday will be the Colts then the Pacers.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

If the Pacers game is just a regular TV game then I suppose they could delay tipoff 30-60-90 mins. Enough to try and help people attend both. In fact it would be a benefit to BLF vendors if they did try and catch all the people possible for the game and have them in their seats.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

The locker room speeches from Pags after a good win always get me fired up.

The coaching staff deserved blame for the horrid month of November, so it's only appropriate to give them massive props for the phenomenal month of December, particularly the last three weeks.

Pags has really coached these guys up lately. The defense, which is his toy and specialty as a coach, has been phenomenal lately. And I think it's fair to assume that he was in Pep's ear telling him to change things up. But Pep obviously deserves massive props too for his impressive play calling as of late. Watching Luck out of the shotgun is just so beautiful. He's just deadly out of it. Also, it was great to see us making a heavy effort to get T.Y. the ball yesterday, which obviously paid off. If we are going to beat KC on Sunday, then we are going to need T.Y to make big plays. Great to build his confidence up yesterday. Congrats to him on a 1,000 yard season.

So special to see what Robert Mathis has done this season. You can't put into words just how important it was to keep him and Wayne around. These two guys are two key links to our championship past. They set the tone in the locker room and show the other guys the way. The coaching staff definitely deserves to be cut some slack because of the Wayne injury. There is just no replacing a guy like that and it takes some time to adapt. It's a damn shame that he can't be a part of what we're doing right now. He is the ultimate professional and the ultimate Colt.

11-5, division champions, and a home playoff game. If we win this playoff game against Kansas City, then this season will be a smashing success.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Two things that I brought away, and a bonus that we've all known.

1) Luck threw 30 times in the first half. Someone finally got in Pep's ear about play calling, and I don't think it's coincidence that when Luck was given more free reign the Colts offense (and defense) got a lot better.
    2) #57 McNair or McNary from Army looks pretty good. I felt like Kevin Costner's character in The Guardian just repeating "man, he's fast" every time he streaked across the screen. Him and Freeman look to be a much better combo than Freeman/Angerer. They just gobble everything up in the middle and can get to the edges within a couple of steps.

Bonus) Robert Mathis is freaking good. Really makes me wish the Colts could have gotten into the 3-4 scheme earlier.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Several years ago, who would have ever thought that Mathis would outlast Freeney and be the 2013 DPOY while Freeney is at the point where it looks like his body is near being finished? I'm not trying to kick dirt on Freeney. He had a HOF career and I look forward to his Ring of Honor ceremony someday. I'm just saying that what Mathis is doing right now is just phenomenal. Him and Wayne are the rocks of the team.

Thank God what we saw in the second half against Cincy was a sign of good things to come. I was scared to death that the only reason we were seeing that stuff in the Cincy game was because we were behind by a lot and trying to score quickly. But we have clearly committed to putting our best player in an optimal position to succeed. Luck is a better QB than Alex Smith, so I think that we will win this game as long as we see the the defense we've seen over the last three weeks.

I really do think that the Reggie Wayne injury depressed the entire team for a bit. Sure it's the NFL and you have to move on after injuries, but these guys are still human and it had to be hard seeing Wayne go down. I think it zapped the team of its confidence and swagger for a few weeks. But he's been out for a while now and we've moved on and become comfortable with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really do think that the Reggie Wayne injury depressed the entire team for a bit. Sure it's the NFL and you have to move on after injuries, but these guys are still human and it had to be hard seeing Wayne go down. I think it zapped the team of its confidence and swagger for a few weeks. But he's been out for a while now and we've moved on and become comfortable with what we have.
    I tell you what though, I feel really good going into next year with the receiving corps assuming they can stay healthy and stay in Indy. Wayne/Hilton/Whalen/Rogers/Fleener/Allen.

Rogers hasn't shown much, outside of one game, but it's hard to deny his phsyical traits. The Colts need him or they need another big body WR, but he looks like he has something to work with.
    Whalen has really turned into a nice little receiver. You can tell Luck doesn't hesitate throwing to him, we might actually see him spin like a top one day when catching the bullets Luck tosses his way.

Obviously we've had some disagreements on the running game, but IMHO if the Colts can get in a new center and get Thomas healthy, I think the offense will be pretty darn good next season. I'd like to see a Ballard/Richardson combo. Ballard is a quick down hill runner, a la Brown but with a bigger body. Trent's ability to grind out 2-3yds, his ability to pass block, and his ability to catch out of the backfield is a nice compliment to Vick's straight forward style.
    Last edited by Since86; 12-30-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

If we end up in the Super Bowl or AFCCG, the turnaround for this season will be Da'Rick Rogers' first touchdown against the Bengals. I think seeing the young receivers like Rogers, Brazill, and Whalen out there doing work revitalized the offensive players and helped the coaches' gameplan. It opened up the offense again back to the start of the season quality, and the offense looked better starting in that 2nd half. It helped confidence.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wanted Luck to record another TD in order to surpass his last season's tally but it doesn't matter that much at the end of the day. He got better in completion percentage (a huge improvement actually) and limited his INTs by much. His rating was much higher as well.

Very happy to see that. #progress
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

And that's without Reggie for half the year, and no Avery either
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

To laugh and cry. Sucktele's blocking... to air. Thankfully Richardson managed to shake off the challenge from #51 that Satele was supposed to block.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-2-yard-TD-run
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth