Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Week 17: *****es @ Colts

Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 17: *****es @ Colts

So if the Bills upset the Pats we get the Chargers, and if the Pats win we get the Chiefs, right? Go Pats.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Rams get Washington's #2 overall pick. Which is what they traded 2 1sts and a 2nd for in the first place.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Pretty sure the Indy KC game is the Sat 4pm game
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

I think if the Chargers beats the Chiefs AND the Bills beat the Pats we get the Chargers. Anything else we get the Chiefs. I think.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the last two times the Colts played the Chiefs in the playoffs, they were both that way...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Way to **** over the Pacers if that would be the case.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think if the Chargers beats the Chiefs AND the Bills beat the Pats we get the Chargers. Anything else we get the Chiefs. I think.
    If the Chargers lose (although unlikely), the Steelers would be the sixth seed...

Mood

Most likely... Chiefs

With some bounces... Chargers

Worst case... Steelers

The worst case would be the Chargers but I don't see the Pats losing today

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Way to **** over the Pacers if that would be the case.
    The NFL has more important things to worry about than meaningless NBA games. But the Pacers game is at 7, so it'll be ok probably
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

The NFL has more important things to worry about than meaningless NBA games. But the Pacers game is at 7, so it'll be ok probably
    There's no scheduling conflict on Sunday. There is absolutely no reason that they cannot play the game on Sunday.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The worst case would be the Chargers but I don't see the Pats losing today
    I was saying worst case for the pregame talk, and all the bandwagon Steeler fans who thought the season hadn't started yet because the their team wasn't playing well.
    Last edited by Natston; 12-29-2013 at 07:19 PM.

There's no scheduling conflict on Sunday. There is absolutely no reason that they cannot play the game on Sunday.
    I really doubt CBS is going to care about that when they pick the Sunday CBS game. It's going to be completely ratings driven.

But I'm not sure the Colts-Chiefs will be the 4:30 Saturday game (basically the leftover game). If the Steelers get in, maybe. If the Chargers come back, I could see CBS wanting Colts-Chiefs over Bengals-Chargers, which would make the Colts game Sunday.

The Saturday 4:30 game will almost certainly be an AFC game though. If the Packers win, Packers-Niners I would think would have to be the heavy favorite for the 8:00 game with the Eagles-Saints after that.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Think our chances are decent at home v. Chiefs next weekend. Really like what we've gotten from Whalen, Rodgers, and even Brazill to a lesser extent over the last 3 weeks or so. That said, still not exactly an awe-inspiring WR corps to throw out there for the playoffs. Our D's ability to continue its momentum of late will probably be most important though. Shut down Charles and make them beat us through the air.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The NFL simply doesn't care about about messing up 1 out of 41 Pacer games. The playoffs are the most important ratings event of their season, and they are going to schedule match-ups accordingly. The league big wigs in Manhattan don't care about the Indiana Pacers and one regular season NBA game that is pretty obscure in the grand scheme of things.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yep remember in the playoffs when the Colts had HFA they had the Ravens/Colts game on at the same time as the Mavs/Pacers game. Cuban was upset over it but the NFL didn't care they pretty much told him too bad.

Course back then missing a Pacers game probably wasn't a big deal.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The NFL simply doesn't care about about messing up 1 out of 41 Pacer games. The playoffs are the most important ratings event of their season, and they are going to schedule match-ups accordingly. The league big wigs in Manhattan don't care about the Indiana Pacers and one regular season NBA game that is pretty obscure in the grand scheme of things.
    That's absolutely true. But I still think the Colts game will be Sunday. I believe NBC gets first pick for the Saturday primetime game. Both NFC games are more attractive to a national audience, so I bet they'll pick one of those (my guess: San Fran at Green Bay). Then Fox gets the other NFC game (New Orleans at Philly), and CBS gets to choose the AFC game they want. Chiefs and Colts is the logical pick, so I think it will be Sunday, putting the San Diego at Cincinnati game at 4:30 on Saturday.
    Last edited by shags; 12-29-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Based on my TV listings

CBS has the 4 PM game on Sunday
    FOX has 1 PM

That could affect things

I do think we'll get Sunday since Bengals/Chargers I don't think people will care as much as Colts/Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Based on my TV listings

CBS has the 4 PM game on Sunday
    FOX has 1 PM

That could affect things

I do think we'll get Sunday since Bengals/Chargers I don't think people will care as much as Colts/Chiefs.
    It would have if a West Coast team were hosting an NFC game, but with Green Bay and either Philadelphia or Dallas hosting, that won't matter.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    That's absolutely true. But I still think the Colts game will be Sunday. I believe NBC gets first pick for the Saturday primetime game. Both NFC games are more attractive to a national audience, so I bet they'll pick one of those (my guess: San Fran at Green Bay). Then Fox gets the other NFC game (New Orleans at Philly), and CBS gets to choose the AFC game they want. Chiefs and Colts is the logical pick, so I think it will be Sunday, putting the San Diego at Cincinnati game at 4:30 on Saturday.
    And I couldn't have been more wrong. Geez.

Here's the schedule:

Saturday: Kansas City at Indianapolis at 4, New Orleans at Philadelphia/Dallas at 8
    Sunday: San Diego at Cincinnati at 1, San Francisco at Green Bay at 4
    UncleBuck:

27. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Just reserved my parking spot for Saturday before the rush. Thank you NFL for turning downtown into an absolute cluster on Saturday...

Just reserved my parking spot for Saturday before the rush. Thank you NFL for turning downtown into an absolute cluster on Saturday...
    Come on, this is a great thing for the city. You know how many other cities wish their downtown was hosting an NFL playoff game and NBA game on the same day?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Great thing for the city maybe, not so great for the people trying to drive around said city.

Again, there is NO reason the NFL couldn't have had this game on Sunday. They aren't going to lose ratings because they didn't play on Saturday.

Not to mention screwing those who hold both Pacers and Colt season tix over (plus historically as of late, the Pacers and Pelicans is a GREAT game that goes down to the wire in Indianapolis, so not quite meaningless)....
    Last edited by Sandman21; 12-29-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Great thing for the city maybe, not so great for the people trying to drive around said city.

Again, there is NO reason the NFL couldn't have had this game on Sunday. They aren't going to lose ratings because they didn't play on Saturday.

Not to mention screwing those who hold both Pacers and Colt season tix over....

If I were a season ticket holder to both, I'd be so damn thrilled about going to the first Colts home playoff game in three years that I would easily forget about missing out on a Pacer game against the Pelicans, which will long be forgotten by the time the season is over. I'm guessing that anyone who had equal love for both teams would share this same sort of sentiment. There is a ladder of "sports importance", and an NFL playoff game is about a billion times more important than 1 out of 82 NBA games. Pacer pride is back and it's a beautiful thing to see the fantastic attendance this year, but on Saturday 99.9% of Indy's attention will be on the Colts. I'm not going to cry for people who only care about going to the Pacers game. They have 40 other games to go too. Indy will be shinning on Saturday afternoon/evening in front of a national NBC audience. Time to display our beautiful stadium to the masses.

I'm not trying to sound crass, but the NFL big wigs in Manhattan simply don't care about the Indiana Pacers or traffic problems in Indy. The playoffs are the most important season of the year, so they are only going to look at this through an NFL prism. You really think that a league which has decided to move its draft to May so that they can further maximize ratings is really going to revolve its schedule around the Indiana Pacers?
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-29-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Not to mention screwing those who hold both Pacers and Colt season tix over (plus historically as of late, the Pacers and Pelicans is a GREAT game that goes down to the wire in Indianapolis, so not quite meaningless)....
    Again, they don't care nor should they. NBA games right now don't matter and they have TV schedules and networks to appease. Other sports are not on their radar and there's a reason there are no other significant games in other sports at this time. NFL dominates and nothing else matters. And I agree

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post: