Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 140

Thread: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

  1. #101

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    As I predicted before the season Lance has moved into second place behind Wade in SG FG%... http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards. Not bad.. Does Lance have a shot at the All-Star team? I think so.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    528

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    If there is late injury replacement, Vogel gets to pick, correct? If that is true, then I think he has a great shot at making it. Outside of that, I don't think he gets in. There seems to always be a late issue though.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm calling it right now. This post will be taken seriously in the future in order to attack "Danny fans".
    No need for that there is a similar non green post on another thread.

  6. #104
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No need for that there is a similar non green post on another thread.
    Must have missed that - where did someone seriously say Danny should get $9M?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  8. #105

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    How many guards do they take? I see Affalo, Wade, Irving and Wall should probably make it over him, but no one else really deserves it. Maybe Derozan if the Raptors keep playing well.

  9. #106
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No need for that there is a similar non green post on another thread.
    I'm pretty sure that our definition of "similar" is going to be different
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must have missed that - where did someone seriously say Danny should get $9M?
    Yes you missed it.


    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...scussion/page5

    Post 1426
    The team has walked into something very special, something that shouldn't be taken for granted. Once you get to a spot like this you want to put it in cement for as long as you can. Not so much in terms of long deals, but in terms of continuing to keep it together till it falls apart. Danny on a 2 year deal at 8-9, Lance at 8-9-10. It wouldn't be "we are now broke" level spending considering the benefit.
    And here is the response to my comment about how ridiculous is to suggest that kind of contract.

    If we win the title and Danny plays a big role in that, sure I don't mind that contract.
    There is also serious posts about letting Lance go if he is looking to make over 6mil and resign DG just because.



    (Note that I'm not arguing about this you asked for proof and I posted it for you to see it that's it)

  11. #108
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    OK, technically you are right, but since the argument is about letting Lance go and paying Danny instead, I would submit that Seth's post (which advocates keeping both) and KTT's follow-up isn't fair evidence.

    I'd also question if there was a serious post about letting Lance go over $6M that also advocated paying Danny over that amount - at least, not since the speculation before the season started.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  12. #109

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still don't see how Lance gets that much more than Affalo, who's a 20pt/gm scorer. Other stats are nice, but this is a scoring league still and he avg 13pt/gm.
    Lance provides more than scoring. Lance's assist numbers make up for the assists GH doesn't get. Without Lance GH at the point wouldn't work. Without Lance's assists and rebounding this starting 5 would have some real problems.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  14. #110
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,252

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, technically you are right, but since the argument is about letting Lance go and paying Danny instead, I would submit that Seth's post (which advocates keeping both) and KTT's follow-up isn't fair evidence.

    I'd also question if there was a serious post about letting Lance go over $6M that also advocated paying Danny over that amount - at least, not since the speculation before the season started.
    maybe not a post that there was a serious thank you on that

  15. #111
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    maybe not a post that there was a serious thank you on that
    Or it was another ironic recognition that the post copied the original claim pretty much word-for-word.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  16. #112
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    For heaven's sake children when can we get serious ??

    I have all year said that A: DG is LB's back up if Lance get's to expensive, I have not said he should get ridiculous money! in fact I have heldf (and can prove such by earlier posts) that IF we sign LS for about 6 -7 we have room for DG to remain here at approx 3 - 4 per annum, which he MAY take if he wants to stay for championships seeing as he made a lot of money already.

    If anyone thinks i would support paying DG 9 mio and letting Lance walk forget that, nonsense and the joke in that case is on me, sorry i don't need green print to recognise content.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:


  18. #113
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance provides more than scoring. Lance's assist numbers make up for the assists GH doesn't get. Without Lance GH at the point wouldn't work. Without Lance's assists and rebounding this starting 5 would have some real problems.
    You realize this implies GHill has regressed about the same as Lance has improved?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  19. #114

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes you missed it.


    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...scussion/page5

    Post 1426

    And here is the response to my comment about how ridiculous is to suggest that kind of contract.



    There is also serious posts about letting Lance go if he is looking to make over 6mil and resign DG just because.



    (Note that I'm not arguing about this you asked for proof and I posted it for you to see it that's it)
    Just wanted to respond to this real quick because it's taken wildly out of context, and is sneaky and untrue. The statement wasn't "I want to give Danny Granger $9 million" next year. It was piggy-backing off of Seth's hypothetical that Simon decides to pay the luxury tax and we have "Danny on a 2 year deal at 8-9, Lance at 8-9-10" plus my own hypothetical that we've just won an NBA championship. You intentionally left out the very specific conditions under which I would re-sign Granger to that big a deal.

    I know you wanna "win" all these debates but don't cherry pick stuff I've said to make me look bad. I make myself look bad enough without your help.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  21. #115
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must have missed that - where did someone seriously say Danny should get $9M?
    Wait a minute, people don't think Danny can get a $9m contract?? I mean of course it depends in part on how healthy he is (and IMO he's doing a good job showing his recovery so far), but Iggy got $12m last year (and reportedly turned down $14m), and Deng already turned down $10m. Granger maybe isn't as good as either (arguable), but he's in the same ballpark, and I absolutely think $9-10m is the right range for a Granger contract next summer (not with us though unfortunately).

  22. #116

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....... Iggy got $12m last year......... Deng already turned down $10m.........
    OK. Now list the $$ that teams are giving to players that have a strong injury history and have played sporadically in the last few years.

    9-10 just ain't gonna happen.

  23. #117

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK. Now list the $$ that teams are giving to players that have a strong injury history and have played sporadically in the last few years.

    9-10 just ain't gonna happen.
    Depending on how he plays out the rest of this year, I could see a team making Danny the kind of offer we gave West off his ACL surgery: around ten million a year for a couple years.

  24. #118
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait a minute, people don't think Danny can get a $9m contract?? I mean of course it depends in part on how healthy he is (and IMO he's doing a good job showing his recovery so far), but Iggy got $12m last year (and reportedly turned down $14m), and Deng already turned down $10m. Granger maybe isn't as good as either (arguable), but he's in the same ballpark, and I absolutely think $9-10m is the right range for a Granger contract next summer (not with us though unfortunately).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depending on how he plays out the rest of this year, I could see a team making Danny the kind of offer we gave West off his ACL surgery: around ten million a year for a couple years.
    OK, now there are some people making serious points that Danny could get $9M-$10M. That's still a far cry from anyone demanding that the Pacers should give him that money, but I'll at least concede the number.

    Will I go crazy on this? No, but I would if someone suggested Danny should get $9M and we dump Lance. I'm not even sure I'd want to pay him $9M if Lance chooses to go somewhere else for silly salary ($10M+).
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  25. #119

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    It's becoming clear to me that we have to keep Lance on the team. It's the Paul and Lance show now. They have to find a way to keep them together. I think the conversation has gone from at what amount do we let him walk away to who do we get rid of to make sure we can keep him. David West? Granger? Scola? These guys are all great players, but they are in the latter stages of their career and I see a budding young star in Lance. Maybe trade George Hill and let Lance run the show? These are all options that I would consider now. Of course we want to keep everyone, but reality is Lance is playing his way into a very large contract, well deserved I think.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  27. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to respond to this real quick because it's taken wildly out of context, and is sneaky and untrue. The statement wasn't "I want to give Danny Granger $9 million" next year. It was piggy-backing off of Seth's hypothetical that Simon decides to pay the luxury tax and we have "Danny on a 2 year deal at 8-9, Lance at 8-9-10" plus my own hypothetical that we've just won an NBA championship. You intentionally left out the very specific conditions under which I would re-sign Granger to that big a deal.

    I know you wanna "win" all these debates but don't cherry pick stuff I've said to make me look bad. I make myself look bad enough without your help.

    Hypothetical or not you are still agreeing with the suggestion to pay the guy 9mil a year making my point and nope I'm not looking to win anything.

    Championship or not paying a guy with bad knees 9mil a year is ridiculous.

  28. #121
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Championship or not paying a guy with bad knees 9mil a year is ridiculous.
    I feel like I've been transported back two seasons and reading you say this exact same thing about David West. At least you've given up on that dead horse.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  29. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like I've been transported back two seasons and reading you say this exact same thing about David West. At least you've given up on that dead horse.
    I said, 'We're talking about it every day, but I'm very concerned because he's coming off a significant (knee) injury.'
    The quoted part is from Larry Bird but yeah damn those that had any concerns on a guy with a knee surgery and was old

    Is like I've been transported back to two seasons ago and I'm reading the same Pacers PR stuff from you lol

  30. #123
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The quoted part is from Larry Bird but yeah damn those that had any concerns on a guy with a knee surgery and was old

    Is like I've been transported back to two seasons ago and I'm reading the same Pacers PR stuff from you lol
    What you said and what Larry said aren't the same things. I'm just glad Larry doesn't avoid knee injuries like the plague, like you always suggest.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-08-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  31. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What you said and what Larry said aren't the same things. I would have just figured that you'd stop talking in absolutes after being wrong multiple times, but whatever, you can think "don't do X" is equivalant to being "concerned."

    I'm just glad Larry doesn't avoid knee injuries like the plague, like you always suggest.
    He avoided the guy with the knee injury until his agent called him and pretty much begged him to take a look at him but sure ....


    (Note that I'm done with this because you are getting ready to move the goal post again so lets say that you won, congratulations)

  32. #125
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    He avoided him so much that he signed him. Great point.

    You really should figure out that it's 2014 and not 1985, with knee injuries.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •