Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we win a championship, Lance will not be the biggest reason why.
    I'm somewhat disagreeing with you. I'm not saying that Lance will be the main reason if/when we win a championship....but I feel like our starting lineup is like Voltron, we need all five guys to beat the opposition. And I feel if you take any of these guys (whether it be Hill, Lance, West) away, against the great teams, we'll not win a playoff series.

Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Quote Originally Posted by sapposnap View Post
    Plus hayward has a bigger ceiling than lance.
    I almost fell out of my chair. Let's be abundantly clear, Lance's #1 ability is scoring, and so far he hasn't even displayed 1/2 of that ability while playing in the NBA. The fact that he can instill fear on a fast break like few in the league, use uncanny vision and natural feel to distribute the ball, defend his man one-on-one, and rebound....and do all this at a pretty high level says volumes when all of those things are secondary to his primary ability, scoring.

Additionally, he physically has no shortcomings as a guard in the NBA. So many other players are a compromise of height, weight, length or quickness. Lance has every one of those check'd off and long term it pays off as he'll be able to physically endure the NBA season better than most. While it's impossible to predict injuries, I'd say Lance is going to be less injury prone than say a Steph Curry or obviously a Derrick Rose. 10+ million dollar a year talent doesn't do much good when it's on IR.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Stop looking at stats all the time, Chalmers gets in the lane at will on Hill which causes the defense to have to scramble. By the way if it wasn't for Hibbert Chalmers would destroy Hill in all facets.
    Is Chalmers really doing enough damage to warrant use of the word "destroy"? Seems like an awfully strong term to use.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This is pretty straight forward.....assume the worst case scenario as to what offer that Lance can get.....an offer starting at $11 mil and make preperations to make such an offer without going over the LT ( trade Copeland ).

Can someone run the #s for the MAX contract that the Pacers can offer a Free Agent assuming that Lance decides to go somewhere else cuz he gets a bigger contract offer? Is it the full MLE at $5.38 mil a year?

Also....what would the Starting Salary for the 2014-2015 season be for a 5 year / $45 mil contract look like with the raise that ONLY the Pacers can offer? Would it be a Starting of $8 mil in 2014-2015?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Is Chalmers really doing enough damage to warrant use of the word "destroy"? Seems like an awfully strong term to use.
    Hill can't guard him so yeah I think that is the appropriate term. He would utterly destroy Hill if Hibbert wasn't a monster protecting the basket.

Sports Logo

Hill can't guard him so yeah I think that is the appropriate term. He would utterly destroy Hill if Hibbert wasn't a monster protecting the basket.
    JMHO.....but saying that GH would be destroyed by Chalmers ( pretty much putting Chalmers at a completely different Tier as a Player above GH ) is a dis-service to GH. If GH would be destroyed by Chalmers if Hibbert wasn't protecting the paint.....why can't the same be said of Chalmers if he didn't have the best Player in the League, Wade and Tag Along on his Team to draw the offense?

Chalmers is a solid PG for the role that the Heat has him fill ( basically a Guard that doesn't handle the ball as much and role on the Team is to wait for the 3pt shot ). At most...one could say that both are comprable Players....but let's not make Chalmers into something that he isn't.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Stop looking at stats all the time, Chalmers gets in the lane at will on Hill which causes the defense to have to scramble. By the way if it wasn't for Hibbert Chalmers would destroy Hill in all facets.
    Our defense is designed to allow Chalmers to get in the lane. Guess what happens when Chalmers gets funneled on Hibbert? It results in a missed shot or a turnover.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Tried to post the stats for JRSmith and Tyreke from last year compared to Lance this year. The biggest difference, Lance was well behind in points and the defensive stats. He was ahead in rebounding, not as much as you might think, and assists. If you look at PER, he had the lowest number as well.

My takeaway: Lance is not Tyreke. Comparing Lance's best year to Tyreke's worst year, they look pretty close. But Tyreke has had four good years, while Lance is halfway through his first. My feeling is that he will get closer to JR's contract than Tyreke's. To say that he deserves more than Tyreke is off-base in my opinion. They are close to the same age, and Tyreke has been doing his thing for much longer. I would say 3 years 24 million (7.5, 8, 8.5)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

I still don't see how Lance gets that much more than Affalo, who's a 20pt/gm scorer. Other stats are nice, but this is a scoring league still and he avg 13pt/gm.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I still don't see how Lance gets that much more than Affalo, who's a 20pt/gm scorer. Other stats are nice, but this is a scoring league still and he avg 13pt/gm.
    Afflalo wasn't a 20pt/gm scorer when he signed that contract.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    He's a 20 point scorer now, but he wasn't when he signed his deal. Afflalo was coming off his age 25 season with averages of 33.7 minutes, 12.6 points, 3.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 1 turnover. His TS% was excellent that year at .620, so he was highly efficient. His usage rate was 14.8%.

Lance will be coming off his age 23 season with averages of 35.2 minutes, 13.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 2.6 turnovers. His TS% is .563 so quite a bit less efficient, but on a usage rate of 18.9%.

WS/48 has Lance's season with .156 while Afflalo had .148 before his free agency year.

Lance will have many more playoff minutes to point to and is unrestricted while Afflalo was restricted. And the salary cap will also be higher than it was when Afflalo signed his deal. It's always hard to compare two players like that though where one person puts up greater stats and the other one was a super efficient role player.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

I like Lance fine, but any more than $6 million and we have to let this kid walk. It'd make much more sense to give Danny Granger at least $9 million a year, even if it takes us over the cap, because he is the undisputed soul of this team. #Serious

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I like Lance fine, but any more than $6 million and we have to let this kid walk. It'd make much more sense to give Danny Granger at least $9 million a year, even if it takes us over the cap, because he is the undisputed soul of this team. #Serious

Now we'll have to deal with it being taken seriously.

BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the protocol around here to use green to point out sarcasm ??

Here you go.

Edit: Funny thing is, both able and vnzla81 thanked that post.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Here you go.

Yeah but I'm thanking it because I know is sarcasm, I believe the other 2 didn't get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah but I'm thanking it because I know is sarcasm, I believe the other 2 didn't get the joke.
    Yeah, I think anyone familiar with your posting was aware of that

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Despite recent claims to the contrary, my aim is to bring balance to the forum, not leave it in darkness.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Despite recent claims to the contrary, my aim is to bring balance to the forum, not leave it in darkness.
    Sometimes the problem is that you cast out the darkness through lighting farts
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Why stop with 9 mil?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Sometimes the problem is that you cast out the darkness through lighting farts
    Letting Lance walk to fork out 9M+ for Granger would indeed stink like a burned up fart.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

It's a joke, fellas.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

This is all pretty pointless speculation. We will know come playoff time. If he plays well, he gets paid; if not, he doesn't.

Sports Logo

I'm calling it right now. This post will be taken seriously in the future in order to attack "Danny fans".
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I'm calling it right now. This post will be taken seriously in the future in order to attack "Danny fans".
    Thanks LG33.....