Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 140

Thread: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

  1. #51
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except Free never played for Boston. He was known mostly for playing at Philly and Cleveland. He also played for a couple of other teams as well I think.
    Ah, right. It was Philly, when they were Champ material. I think I got confused with Paul Westphal, who played the same kind of 6th man role for Boston before breaking out as an individual wonder on a scrub team.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My answers are in Bold.
    Yes teams can't gameplan for Lance because they have to gameplan for Roy, for Paul, and for West. You can only gameplan for so many players. It shouldn't be surprising that we blow teams out when Lance plays well. Teams rarely beat us when Roy, Paul, and West play like normal. When you have Lance playing well it is just too much for any team. How well Lance plays is rarely a deciding factor in a win or loss, but instead has more affect on the point differential. His play is the difference between winning by 5 and winning by 20, but either way the team lives and dies by Roy, Paul, and West.

    My point about the all-star voting is that maybe your opinion isn't in line with what the majority believe. The hype he is getting from the people on this board might not be in line with how people outside of this forum view him, including coaches. He has a lot more going against him being selected, than he has going for him.

    BS is not straight talk, what you just said makes no sense. Either he means what he says or he doesn't.

    Bird also realizes Simon doesn't have infinite pockets. Every GM would love to have 10 players good enough to make $10 million+, but not doing so does not mean Simon isn't serious about winning a championship. To Simon it isn't just $12 million he is paying Lance, it is $18ish million (depending on how much the tax would be) that he would in essence be paying for Lance.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BS is not straight talk, what you just said makes no sense. Either he means what he says or he doesn't
    Typically Bird means what he says in relation to what he knows for sure. He never publicly over speculates about the current situation. Only what is the current situation. Bird never talks with any real foresight about what the future holds. So when some reporter asks him about Stephenson's contract he will only say what he knows forsure, as in they will offer him a fair deal. All Bird said is that if Lance is here then great if not, then we will plug somebody else in. So his straight talk is BS at this point because he gave a BS answer to the question. He never said 12 million is too much. He never said 14 million is too much. Bird pretty much copped to the answer being a bunch of BS when he said that he doesn't know how the offseason will turn out, and doesn't really know what will happen till it happens. Which is the correct thing to say because everyone know if the Pacers win a championship, Simon will go into the luxury tax to keep Lance around.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  5. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its more likely that they will sign Lance and trade George Hill to avoid the luxury tax. Not that I am advocating that, but thats what will happen in that situation. Lance is Bird's guy. Honestly Hill is the most replaceable player on the roster. A tween-er guard who can defend? George Hill can easily net this team an expiring contract and a replacement guard.
    I think it's absolutely amazing how much George Hill is undervalued by Pacers fans.

  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's absolutely amazing how much George Hill is undervalued by Pacers fans.
    I agree, he is a good player. But Stephenson has the opportunity to be better.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  8. #56
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,822
    Mood

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say Wha?? Lance hasn't gotten it yet? LOL, he is the starting shooting guard on the best team in the East. He is probably going to make the all-star game. I could see about a dozen teams in the league trying to build around this guy. Namely the Lakers, because he has showtime written all over his game, and Kobe is gonna need great passer to continue setting him up over. Lance will end the season averaging near 20 points a game with 5-6 assists and 7-8 rebounds. He is literally turning into a mini-Lebron. Break down the defense? Check. Rebounding? Check. Setting up teammates? Check. Hard nosed defense? Check? Score in bunches? Check. Good Flopper? Check. He is like Lebron James with a Napoleon complex.

    Bird said he would let Lance walk if he got better offers. I dont' think so. Bird is not letting this guy get away. He will pay 12 mil all day and think it is a bargain. PG got a max contract after one good season. Lance will most likely be the reason this team wins a championship, because he isn't predictable on offense. He is the X-factor that keeps our team lively on the offensive end.

    If Bird let this guy walk, it would be a signal that Simon isn't in it to win a championship and that would send waves through the locker room, and you can be assured that all our core players right now will walk then their contracts are up in a couple of years.
    You a bit over the top here, yes!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    I hate when guys get over or under valued, it makes anything I say to the contrary seem like I don't absolutely love the guy. I'll just let it play out. To me, alot of what Lance does is ingrained in the structure of his environment. He could easily go the way of obnoxiously good player on a bad team or he could be a loved part of a legend we'll all tell our grandkids about. If I'm Lance its an easy decision, but I have no idea how this will end. I'm happy for him for now. Hopefully this one works out for everyone, but I recognize the potential for that not to happen now.

    If he goes to the wrong environment, he could easily turn into Javale McGee like joke who's an And 1 tape that has no substance. If he stays with a group of guys who give him the support and tough love that allow him to put up triple doubles and be a part of a greater 'team' he'll get true respect and tangible accomplishments. My biggest fear is he'll want to be 'the man' and lose sight of what matters in the process. It's another more dangerous fork in the road for Lance this next year, imo. We'll see.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He could easily go the way of obnoxiously good player on a bad team or he could be a loved part of a legend we'll all tell our grandkids about. If I'm Lance its an easy decision, but I have no idea how this will end.
    It is an easy decision. Whoever puts the most zeroes behind the biggest number, gets his services.

  13. #59

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is an easy decision. Whoever puts the most zeroes behind the biggest number, gets his services.
    And we should not criticize him for that. He, as do all NBA players, have a limited time to convert their talent into money. Injury can happen any time. If his career lasts long enough, there will be time to chase championships after he's made his money.

    Also, the hard truth is . . . The team that makes the biggest offer is the team, of those able to bid, that wants your services the most.

  14. #60
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,238

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's absolutely amazing how much George Hill is undervalued by Pacers fans.
    I hope he meant the most replaceable starter. Hill is not the most replaceable player on the roster.

    Anyway, the discussion is related to Lance considering the thread. I love George Hill but here's something to keep in mind:

    1) Hill makes 8M/yr
    2) Rebounds: Lance >> Hill
    3) Assists Lance >> Hill
    4) Points Lance > Hill

    With that said, they score about the same per attempt because Hill shoots the three and free throws better. Hill is a bit better on turnovers per assist too. They are both good defenders.

    So, both are really good players but objectively speaking Lance is more valuable than Hill.

    Edit: BTW, this is not even factoring in , among other things, the pressure Lance puts on a defense.

  15. #61

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he meant the most replaceable starter. Hill is not the most replaceable player on the roster.

    Anyway, the discussion is related to Lance considering the thread. I love George Hill but here's something to keep in mind:

    1) Hill makes 8M/yr
    2) Rebounds: Lance >> Hill
    3) Assists Lance >> Hill
    4) Points Lance > Hill

    With that said, they score about the same per attempt because Hill shoots the three and free throws better. Hill is a bit better on turnovers per assist too. They are both good defenders.

    So, both are really good players but objectively speaking Lance is more valuable than Hill.

    Edit: BTW, this is not even factoring in , among other things, the pressure Lance puts on a defense.
    To be fair Hills length at PG probably makes him more important to our defense.

  16. #62
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,238

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair Hills length at PG probably makes him more important to our defense.
    Not sure that's fair to Lance. They're about even defensively. Lance's strength is useful against LeBron James. Chalmers owns Hill. If anything, Lance is more important to our defense.

  17. #63

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    IMO, Lance will probably get an offer that we will not be able to match. ESPN and NBA TV hype can make people see more than the substance of a player's performance. Lance is a crowd pleaser and a fun player to watch. Here with the Pacers, Lance can be all these things and maybe even more. At a different team, in a different city(LA/NYC) the temptations may be too much for him to handle. I hope we can make an offer he will take and he stays with us for at least another 4/5 years, but it will surprise me.

  18. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he meant the most replaceable starter. Hill is not the most replaceable player on the roster.

    Anyway, the discussion is related to Lance considering the thread. I love George Hill but here's something to keep in mind:

    1) Hill makes 8M/yr
    2) Rebounds: Lance >> Hill
    3) Assists Lance >> Hill
    4) Points Lance > Hill

    With that said, they score about the same per attempt because Hill shoots the three and free throws better. Hill is a bit better on turnovers per assist too. They are both good defenders.

    So, both are really good players but objectively speaking Lance is more valuable than Hill.

    Edit: BTW, this is not even factoring in , among other things, the pressure Lance puts on a defense.
    One of my favorite quotes from the movies comes from Mr. Miyagi. "Answer only important if ask right question."

    Many are constantly providing what they believe to be the appropriate action for the Pacers to take this summer in regards to Lance. So many of us are turning the appropriate action to take into a Lance vs. GHill debate. Earlier it was a Lance vs. Granger debate.

    That implies that the question being asked is "Should we keep Lance or should we keep GHill?" or "Should we keep Lance or should we keep Granger?" And you appear to have answered that question according to your wishes.

    But, that is not the question that should be asked. The appropriate question(s) should really be "What players do we require next season to result in the strongest possible starting lineup?". Or maybe even "What players do we need to result in the strongest possible roster?".

    Now, I'm not saying that answering those questions will not then lead to additional questions. But it seems that many have totally glossed over the importance of "team" and have whittled down the question to the importance of the "individual".

    I originally never thought that Lance would have the importance on this team that he has achieved. Heck, early on I even thought that Lance was a mistake that Bird signed for 4 years at a greater than necessary contract level. It turns out that I was wrong on both matters. But that doesn't diminish what GHill has provided for the Pacers. And more importantly, consideration should be given for what the pairing of GHill and Lance provide for the Pacers. Above all else, it is the first time in Pacers history that we have had a pair of very, very good defenders spearheading the defense in the back court.

    There are a lot of reasons that Roy Hibbert no longer experiences the foul trouble he did in his first 2-3 years in the league. Obviously experience, verticality and respect from the officials has something to do with it. We can also thank Vogel and his defensive schemes. But just as important as any of these, we can thank GHill and Lance for helping to eat a lot of clock before our opponent is really able to get anything started offensively that begins to go in Roy's direction. Everyone would agree that there is a great degree of synergy in the defensive efforts of the five guys that we choose to start. But breaking that down even further, there is also a great synergy in the combinations of Lance/GHill, GHill/PGeorge and Lance/PGeorge. Risking the possibility of losing any of this synergy would be a huge mistake if there are other viable solutions.

    What I'm getting at is that each one of our starters is vitally important to the success of our starting unit. Even though our bench performs much better than last season, my presumption is that our starters contribute far more to our victories than does our bench, based on their 3rd quarter production alone, even if for no other reason. Therefore, I believe our first order of business is to find a way to not lose ANY of our starters this summer.

    This means that to maintain overall "team" strength, more importance should probably be placed in keeping our starters together than our bench players. But that is really what TPTB should be striving to achieve. If Lance's value/price continues to rise, obviously there will be additional very difficult questions to answer. But I think the questions then become whether Herb will allow the luxury tax threshold to be minimally succeeded or can the bench be altered in such a way to still be competitive while reducing its salary.

    Eventually, if we go through all of these questions and conclude that we can only stay competitive with the upper echelon teams if we retain even a high-priced Lance and maintain our present bench strength, only then should we look to trading another starter for relief to accomplish our goals.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  20. #65

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure that's fair to Lance. They're about even defensively. Lance's strength is useful against LeBron James. Chalmers owns Hill. If anything, Lance is more important to our defense.
    A) Lance really hasnt looked good against James B) thats one matchup and C) man to man defense isnt where Hills length comes into play defending the PG he disrupts passing lanes

  21. #66
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,238

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my favorite quotes from the movies comes from Mr. Miyagi. "Answer only important if ask right question."

    Many are constantly providing what they believe to be the appropriate action for the Pacers to take this summer in regards to Lance. So many of us are turning the appropriate action to take into a Lance vs. GHill debate. Earlier it was a Lance vs. Granger debate.

    That implies that the question being asked is "Should we keep Lance or should we keep GHill?" or "Should we keep Lance or should we keep Granger?" And you appear to have answered that question according to your wishes.

    But, that is not the question that should be asked. The appropriate question(s) should really be "What players do we require next season to result in the strongest possible starting lineup?". Or maybe even "What players do we need to result in the strongest possible roster?".
    But look at the context of your post.

    Graphic-er said: Its more likely that they will sign Lance and trade George Hill to avoid the luxury tax. You reply with this: I think it's absolutely amazing how much George Hill is undervalued by Pacers fans.

    So, really, I find it pretty amazing that you respond to my post as-if you're not right in the middle of debating individual players and favoring one over another.

  22. #67
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,559

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    If you look at Tyreke Evans' contract (who most would agree is overpaid at 11mil / year), but who is possible the most similar player to Lance in the NBA, I really hope someone doesn't throw a crazy deal at him. Tyreke had a crazy rookie season and has steadily falled off since, but his career numbers are roughly 17/5/5. When you compare that to Lance's numbers this year, he isn't the same scorer as Evans yet (but improving rapidly), but he is a better shooter, passer, rebounder and defender. I think if we got him for 9mil per year it would be a steal.

  23. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    15
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    For 6-8m i'll keep lance, if he wants 10m i rather go after gordon hayward. I mean hayward and pg know eachother from playing in las vegas together, trying to get into the national team. So i dont think chemistry will suffer a lot. Plus hayward has a bigger ceiling than lance. For instance, more athletic, better shooter, about the same as far as bball iq, longer arms (can disrupt what offense is trying to do, take the player hes guarding to mt roy) etc. the only problem i see is, hayward is restricted in free agency. The other option imho is signing marshon brooks, alfaroq aminu and still have money to give to scola. Why u may ask. Long athletic players that fits our defense and can develop into good players in our system. Brooks to me is a good scorer with big wing span. with all the attention on george, brooks could score in bunches. I like aminu a lot, one of the best defense i seen being played at pg came from this guy. And last but not least, we can probably have the 4m to pay scola.
    1st option resign lance. 2nd option try for hayward. 3rt sign brooks, alfaroq, and keep scola.
    Starting lineup:
    Gh, brooks, pg, dw, roy.
    Backup lineup:
    Cj, S Hill, Aminu, scola, ian.

    P.s sorry for my grammar

  24. #69
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by sapposnap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For 6-8m i'll keep lance, if he wants 10m i rather go after gordon hayward. I mean hayward and pg know eachother from playing in las vegas together, trying to get into the national team. So i dont think chemistry will suffer a lot. Plus hayward has a bigger ceiling than lance...
    I stopped right here. I am just going to assume that you are talking about a certain part of their homes, rather than their potential... I am inclined to believe that could potentially be true given the salary difference over their respected time in the NBA to date...

    Gordon has nowhere near the ceiling that Lance has... And that is no slight to Gordon, but Lance can potentially be THAT good...

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  26. #70
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you look at Tyreke Evans' contract (who most would agree is overpaid at 11mil / year), but who is possible the most similar player to Lance in the NBA, I really hope someone doesn't throw a crazy deal at him. Tyreke had a crazy rookie season and has steadily falled off since, but his career numbers are roughly 17/5/5. When you compare that to Lance's numbers this year, he isn't the same scorer as Evans yet (but improving rapidly), but he is a better shooter, passer, rebounder and defender. I think if we got him for 9mil per year it would be a steal.
    Side note, Tyreke is killing it right now and mostly earning that 12 million in N.O.. He's coming off the bench and being put in a position that's better for his skill set. Tyreke's probably a great example of how environment impacts a player, like Lance. In Sacramento they used him wrong (Point Guard) and put with boneheads for coaches and players.

  27. #71
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,097

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is an easy decision. Whoever puts the most zeroes behind the biggest number, gets his services.
    The zeroes will be the same in all offers... It's the digit or 2 digits to the left of those zeroes that will make the difference.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  28. #72
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,357

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The zeroes will be the same in all offers... It's the digit or 2 digits to the left of those zeroes that will make the difference.
    Hence the reason he said, "Whoever puts the most zeroes behind the biggest number..."

  29. #73
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chalmers owns Hill.
    Not really.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=hillge01

    They both hold each other below their season averages. Chalmers has a very slight advantage (mainly because he is shooting better due to Miami's superior spacing) but it's pretty far from "owning" him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. #74

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Trading Hill should be a last resort, only if trading Copeland wouldn't get rid of the cap space.

    If we win a championship, Lance will not be the biggest reason why. That's crazy. We have the Defensive Player of the Year and an MVP candidate. PG and Hibbert would be the biggest reasons, because superstars win championships. If you say Lance is the reason why we would win a championship, then you are saying Lance is this team's MVP. I love Lance, but he's the fourth most important player on the team behind Hibbert, PG, and West.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  32. #75
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=hillge01

    They both hold each other below their season averages. Chalmers has a very slight advantage (mainly because he is shooting better due to Miami's superior spacing) but it's pretty far from "owning" him.
    Stop looking at stats all the time, Chalmers gets in the lane at will on Hill which causes the defense to have to scramble. By the way if it wasn't for Hibbert Chalmers would destroy Hill in all facets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •