Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Banned

Default @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

@EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

http://t.co/fqqhFMOYOg

That seems about right.

Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

As each game approaches, I just expect a triple double, 20+ points, etc. from Lance. That's not realistic I know. But I think he will remain really productive as long as he brings energy.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Well, we can offer that, so good

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It will be more than that.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be more than that.
    I'm afraid of that. Lance leads this team in assists...well ahead of all players. He is 2nd on the team in rebounds, points and FG%...amazingly ahead of David West. You have to start looking at DWest money unfortunately. He's already producing more than George Hill by some distance.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

The problem is that Lance is an UFA and some team will throw a ridiculous about of $$$ at him

The smartest thing Bird can do is offer Lance something now and avoid some other team throwing $ at him (if we're allowed)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    The problem is that Lance is an UFA and some team will throw a ridiculous about of $$$ at him

The smartest thing Bird can do is offer Lance something now and avoid some other team throwing $ at him (if we're allowed)

That would be dumb for Lance. Let the market dictate his pay. I can see him being signed to an Asik deal. 5/5/15 with the caphold at 8million per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    That would be dumb for Lance. Let the market dictate his pay. I can see him being signed to an Asik deal. 5/5/15 with the caphold at 8million per season.
    Lucky for us, Lance isn't the sharpest tool in the she'd (jk)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Teams will be taking a HUGE risk if they offer Lance more than $9mil per.

Mood

No sense worrying about it now.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Stephenson can't sign a deal like that. The only players eligible are players who have played less than two years who become free agents and weren't first round draft picks.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

It has been a pleasure to watch his success, and the odd spontaneous things like making faces at Howard, or the odd hand slap follow through as he runs under the basket after the assist. He brings positive energy and edge, but I never worry that he will go into the stands, for example, thanks to the staff and particularly to Clark K. Presuming there are no arguments regarding his talent, I wonder whether he would be as good outside of this group. The thought of him playing with another team is not pleasant, but is it reasonable to believe that he would be as effective as he is now with any other team?
    'persevailed' - Best neological portmanteau ever

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mcampbellarch For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    It has been a pleasure to watch his success, and the odd spontaneous things like making faces at Howard, or the odd hand slap follow through as he runs under the basket after the assist. He brings positive energy and edge, but I never worry that he will go into the stands, for example, thanks to the staff and particularly to Clark K. Presuming there are no arguments regarding his talent, I wonder whether he would be as good outside of this group. The thought of him playing with another team is not pleasant, but is it reasonable to believe that he would be as effective as he is now with any other team?
    I think it would be a World B. Free kind of thing, who was an exciting 6th man for the championship contending Celtics before moving on to a scrub team and leading the league in scoring.

With another team, Lance could explode in terms of stats and all-star success. But he wouldn't come nearly as close to getting a ring as he would here.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 12-29-2013 at 04:20 PM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Teams will be taking a HUGE risk if they offer Lance more than $9mil per.
    His baggage and lack of consistency have kept him cheap. Both of those things are fading. If he plays smart basketball most of the time...for the remainder of this season...teams will begin to overlook his flash and baggage because they will see way too much substance. It's all in Lance's hands. He doesn't even need to play as well as he has the last 2 games to command 8 or 9M. If he continues this level of play he may very well crack 10M. If Arenas can make double that...

I can't see Lance getting anymore than what Tyreke Evans got (4 years 44 million), and Lance should get about 2-3 mil per year less than that, so I see Lance getting somewhere between 8-9 mill per

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Arenas didn't get his franchise crippling deal until his 3rd contract. And plenty of AWESOME seasons, people forget how good dude that was. The first deal he signed with Washington was great value for them.

It was also under a less restrictive CBA.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Well, we can offer that, so good
    Yes with going over the LT?

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Towards the 7 end, probably.

I think we can offer him 7 something per year without going over the LT, we can always trade Cope

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I think we can offer him 7 something per year without going over the LT, we can always trade Cope
    I'm thinking that if we think 7 then the price will be 9+. Guys always sign for more than we expect.

I'm thinking that if we think 7 then the price will be 9+. Guys always sign for more than we expect.
    I think we can get him for 8. I doubt he gets anymore than 9

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...t=tyreke+evans

Remember when somebody called this "homer thread of the year" and it got thanked like 15 times...

Good Times!!

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...t=tyreke+evans

Remember when somebody called this "homer thread of the year" and it got thanked like 15 times...

Good Times!!
    I haven't looked at it, but I'm going to guess it was me that said that. ****in' Nostradamus over here.

Edit: Just looked. Yep, it was me.
    Last edited by cdash; 12-29-2013 at 06:14 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

The internet never forgets.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Lance isn't going anywhere. He is Bird's guy. Besides Brad Miller, Indiana doesn't lose their star players.
    David "And One" West