Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Hybrid View

Banned

Default @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

@EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

http://t.co/fqqhFMOYOg

That seems about right.

Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

As each game approaches, I just expect a triple double, 20+ points, etc. from Lance. That's not realistic I know. But I think he will remain really productive as long as he brings energy.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Default Re: @EyeOnBasketball: Report: Lance Stephenson could make up to $9 million as a free agent this summer

Well, we can offer that, so good

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we can offer that, so good
    Yes with going over the LT?

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Towards the 7 end, probably.

I think we can offer him 7 something per year without going over the LT, we can always trade Cope

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I think we can offer him 7 something per year without going over the LT, we can always trade Cope
    I'm thinking that if we think 7 then the price will be 9+. Guys always sign for more than we expect.

I'm thinking that if we think 7 then the price will be 9+. Guys always sign for more than we expect.
    I think we can get him for 8. I doubt he gets anymore than 9

Sports Logo

Yes. We would only need to trade Copeland and we would have around 10 million available to offer to Lance (and possibly space for a vet min guy as well).

I really wish that this article is right. If it's anywhere between 7 and 9 million then we can do this easily. The situation will only become tough for us if Lance is offered 12+ million by some team.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Yes. We would only need to trade Copeland and we would have around 10 million available to offer to Lance (and possibly space for a vet min guy as well).

I really wish that this article is right. If it's anywhere between 7 and 9 million then we can do this easily. The situation will only become tough for us if Lance is offered 12+ million by some team.
    At 12, don't you have to let him walk and replace him, just like Larry said. I hate it, but it gets to the point where you have to take a step back and think about the overall picture.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    At 12, don't you have to let him walk and replace him, just like Larry said. I hate it, but it gets to the point where you have to take a step back and think about the overall picture.
    I think you resign him to 12 if you are all in for a championship for the next 3 years and you give him a 5 year deal. TO me this has a lot to do with where you think PG will end up and if Lance can surpass that level of play. I am not saying he can but realistically he just might be able to be on that level if he can keep his shooting form consistient. Then you have assets to trade down the road much like the great teams that reload with talent rather than going through a total rebuild.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It will be more than that.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    It will be more than that.
    I'm afraid of that. Lance leads this team in assists...well ahead of all players. He is 2nd on the team in rebounds, points and FG%...amazingly ahead of David West. You have to start looking at DWest money unfortunately. He's already producing more than George Hill by some distance.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I've been thinking 8 mil. I've been hoping 6 mil. But, both could be purely wishful thinking by season end if he continues this tear he's on, especially if he shows consistency.

I do think he will resign here for acouple mil less per year as he is comfortable here and I don't think he is a guy that adapts well. I just hope he realizes that this team has his back and understands him, which I'm sure he does, but those dollor signs and people around him could influence his decision. Who is his agent?

I could be reading into this to much, but I do think he could flop big time going to another team. Especially one that wants him to do more. As great as Lance is, he is his own worst enemy and Frank keeps him under control. Would other coaches have the patience for Lance?

Yes Lance is 23, but he has been here 4 years and still hasn't gotten it yet. I mean, his talent has never been questioned, its always been about playing NBA basketball. I just don't think it would be wise to pay more then 8 mil for any team other then us. Some players change teams and never recover, I think Lance could be leading the pack of those careers around the league if he goes someplace else to soon.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 12-29-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

I could be reading into this to much, but I do think he could flop big time going to another team. Especially one that wants him to do more. As great as Lance is, he is his own worst enemy and Frank keeps him under control. Would other coaches have the patience for Lance?

Yes Lance is 23, but he has been here 4 years and still hasn't gotten it yet. I mean, his talent has never been questioned, its always been about playing NBA basketball. I just don't think it would be wise to pay more then 8 mil for any team other then us. Some players change teams and never recover, I think Lance could be leading the pack of those careers around the league if he goes someplace else to soon.
    Say Wha?? Lance hasn't gotten it yet? LOL, he is the starting shooting guard on the best team in the East. He is probably going to make the all-star game. I could see about a dozen teams in the league trying to build around this guy. Namely the Lakers, because he has showtime written all over his game, and Kobe is gonna need great passer to continue setting him up over. Lance will end the season averaging near 20 points a game with 5-6 assists and 7-8 rebounds. He is literally turning into a mini-Lebron. Break down the defense? Check. Rebounding? Check. Setting up teammates? Check. Hard nosed defense? Check? Score in bunches? Check. Good Flopper? Check. He is like Lebron James with a Napoleon complex.

Bird said he would let Lance walk if he got better offers. I dont' think so. Bird is not letting this guy get away. He will pay 12 mil all day and think it is a bargain. PG got a max contract after one good season. Lance will most likely be the reason this team wins a championship, because he isn't predictable on offense. He is the X-factor that keeps our team lively on the offensive end.

If Bird let this guy walk, it would be a signal that Simon isn't in it to win a championship and that would send waves through the locker room, and you can be assured that all our core players right now will walk then their contracts are up in a couple of years.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Say Wha?? Lance hasn't gotten it yet? LOL, he is the starting shooting guard on the best team in the East. He is probably going to make the all-star game. I could see about a dozen teams in the league trying to build around this guy. Namely the Lakers, because he has showtime written all over his game, and Kobe is gonna need great passer to continue setting him up over. Lance will end the season averaging near 20 points a game with 5-6 assists and 7-8 rebounds. He is literally turning into a mini-Lebron. Break down the defense? Check. Rebounding? Check. Setting up teammates? Check. Hard nosed defense? Check? Score in bunches? Check. Good Flopper? Check. He is like Lebron James with a Napoleon complex.

Bird said he would let Lance walk if he got better offers. I dont' think so. Bird is not letting this guy get away. He will pay 12 mil all day and think it is a bargain. PG got a max contract after one good season. Lance will most likely be the reason this team wins a championship, because he isn't predictable on offense. He is the X-factor that keeps our team lively on the offensive end.

If Bird let this guy walk, it would be a signal that Simon isn't in it to win a championship and that would send waves through the locker room, and you can be assured that all our core players right now will walk then their contracts are up in a couple of years.
    There is no doubt that Bird will want to keep Lance around for the long term, as well he should. But there is a point where it just won't be possible. $12 mil per, is probably above that point.

If say, Charlotte offers Lance $48-50 million for 4 years, I think you have to congratulate Lance, and say good luck.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    There is no doubt that Bird will want to keep Lance around for the long term, as well he should. But there is a point where it just won't be possible. $12 mil per, is probably above that point.

If say, Charlotte offers Lance $48-50 million for 4 years, I think you have to congratulate Lance, and say good luck.
    Its more likely that they will sign Lance and trade George Hill to avoid the luxury tax. Not that I am advocating that, but thats what will happen in that situation. Lance is Bird's guy. Honestly Hill is the most replaceable player on the roster. A tween-er guard who can defend? George Hill can easily net this team an expiring contract and a replacement guard.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post

You a bit over the top here, yes!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

The problem is that Lance is an UFA and some team will throw a ridiculous about of $$$ at him

The smartest thing Bird can do is offer Lance something now and avoid some other team throwing $ at him (if we're allowed)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    The problem is that Lance is an UFA and some team will throw a ridiculous about of $$$ at him

The smartest thing Bird can do is offer Lance something now and avoid some other team throwing $ at him (if we're allowed)

That would be dumb for Lance. Let the market dictate his pay. I can see him being signed to an Asik deal. 5/5/15 with the caphold at 8million per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    That would be dumb for Lance. Let the market dictate his pay. I can see him being signed to an Asik deal. 5/5/15 with the caphold at 8million per season.
    Lucky for us, Lance isn't the sharpest tool in the she'd (jk)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Lucky for us, Lance isn't the sharpest tool in the she'd (jk)
    That is a bit harsh and insulting, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Stephenson can't sign a deal like that. The only players eligible are players who have played less than two years who become free agents and weren't first round draft picks.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Teams will be taking a HUGE risk if they offer Lance more than $9mil per.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Teams will be taking a HUGE risk if they offer Lance more than $9mil per.
    His baggage and lack of consistency have kept him cheap. Both of those things are fading. If he plays smart basketball most of the time...for the remainder of this season...teams will begin to overlook his flash and baggage because they will see way too much substance. It's all in Lance's hands. He doesn't even need to play as well as he has the last 2 games to command 8 or 9M. If he continues this level of play he may very well crack 10M. If Arenas can make double that...