Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistons Have to Play some real teams now

Default Pistons Have to Play some real teams now

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

I highly doubt they will still be on a win streak after those three

Default Re: Pistons Have to Play some real teams now

Indeed the streak should end,would be hard for any team to come out of that without a lose

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

Yes, beating the team on a 10-game home winning streak was a cakewalk....:rollseyes:

Guess what, we're winning all three.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

Yes, beating the team on a 10-game home winning streak was a cakewalk....:rollseyes:

streak ends tomarrow! you cannot contain Ron Artest, you can only hope to contain him.

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

streak ends tomarrow! you cannot contain Ron Artest, you can only hope to contain him.
    Ron was traded to the Spurs?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

Ron was traded to the Spurs?
    oh ya woops i was thinking it was the pistons vs pacers tomarrow.

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

This from the guy who was saying how badly his team sucked not so long ago. I'd dig that post up, but I can't...you know the story.

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

This from the guy who was saying how badly his team sucked not so long ago. I'd dig that post up, but I can't...you know the story.
    Kstat does suffer from mood swings sometimes

He's just jealous his team doesn't have Bender!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Oh, we sucked EVERY BIT as much as I said they did, the players even ADMITTED that they quit on coach Brown around mid-December. Its just that somehow Larry Brown was able to pull his team out of the fire, and make them into a machine...dont ask me how, i only see results....

There's really nobody that I don't think we can beat anymore. We're routinely shooting over %50 from the field, we're hammering teams on the glass, our fast break is second only to NJ in the east, we finally have the offense to compliment our defense.

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

Dang Kstat, do you ever go to sleep?

Tim

San Antonio
    Indy
    Minny

Talk like this makes me want to go and buy Tix, too bad I have to work and my boss knows what kind of fan I am so I can't call off.

There's really nobody that I don't think we can beat anymore. We're routinely shooting over %50 from the field, we're hammering teams on the glass, our fast break is second only to NJ in the east, we finally have the offense to compliment our defense.
    Against whose' defenses? What good team D's have you faced?

Hey - anytime you can win 11 in a row in the NBA you've done something. Not giving them credit would be like not giving the P's credit for beating SA and NJ back-to-back.

There's got to be some frustration on both sides though. Pacers can't shake them and they can't catch us.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Hey - anytime you can win 11 in a row in the NBA you've done something. Not giving them credit would be like not giving the P's credit for beating SA and NJ back-to-back.

There's got to be some frustration on both sides though. Pacers can't shake them and they can't catch us.
    I don't mean to not give them credit. I'm just thinking of them out loud as an opponent when I wonder who they've been shooting, running, and passing well against. If they were doing it against the Spurs a lot, I'd be much more concerned. Right now, I feel like they'll get some runs, but we'll generally stop it.

And ABADays, please send me a private message telling me what you want your password to be (in other words what you used on the old host), so I can change it and your name back to what they were for ya.

Sports Logo

I would love it if they beat the Spurs too. I want to face them with the win streak intact and I want them to be playing great basketball.

Of course I want us to win.

Ahhhh, I feel like my old self now.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Tim

I would love it if they beat the Spurs too. I want to face them with the win streak intact and I want them to be playing great basketball.

Of course I want us to win.
    Hmmm... Do you think this statement is worth a Poll?

Kstat

I have been impressed by the pistons 12 game streak
    but I highly doubt they will shoot 50% against SA and indy
    They should pray for 40%

And we will see how good their D is when they go into Minny

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, we sucked EVERY BIT as much as I said they did, the players even ADMITTED that they quit on coach Brown around mid-December.
    And I remember that there were several of us that did everything we could to console you.

Don't worry. After Tuesday evening, we'll resurrect those skills.

Just kidding.

Good luck this week. Except for Tuesday of course.

Good luck this week? Are you kidding? We're in the second half of the season now. There's good possibility that one of these two teams are going to win the East. Guess which one I don't want it to be? I also want home court advantage throughout the playoffs. So the Pistons will get no love from me. My respect, yes. My well wishes, hell no. I want to see San Antonio throttle them, then have us kick 'em while they're down and then see the Timberwolves complete the trifecta and deliver the coup de grâce.

yeah...what bulletproof said

Kstat does suffer from mood swings sometimes

He's just jealous his team doesn't have Bender!
    Sure they do! Only difference is that they spent the second pick of the draft to get him, while we only spent the 5th pick.

Just wait until he scores 20 against Orlando on Christmas... then we'll never hear the end of it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Good luck this week? Are you kidding? We're in the second half of the season now. There's good possibility that one of these two teams are going to win the East. Guess which one I don't want it to be? I also want home court advantage throughout the playoffs. So the Pistons will get no love from me. My respect, yes. My well wishes, hell no. I want to see San Antonio throttle them, then have us kick 'em while they're down and then see the Timberwolves complete the trifecta and deliver the coup de grâce.
    Bring it on...

Southside_Pacer

To really put the Pistons winning streak into prespective here's the teams they have beaten:

at Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Portland
    Phoenix
    Golden State
    at Boston
    Houston
    Dallas
    at Chicago
    Toronto
    Washington
    at Milwaukee

These teams are a combined 213-264 for a winning percentage of .447, and only 5 teams they've faced have winning records. Washington is battling Orlando for the worst record in the league, Portland can't win road games to save themselves, Chicago is awful, Atlanta, well, what can you say about them, and Phoenix is the weakest team from the West.

During their winning streak they've faced Dallas who's the worst team in the league on the defensive end, Phoenix who has the fourth worst defense on average, Chicago who's eigth worst, Golden State who's ninth worst, Boston who's eleventh worst, Atlanta who's thirteenth worst, and well, you get the idea.

While winning 12 games in a row does show everybody that a team is doing the right things to win ballgames, over half of these wins came against teams with less than .500 records, most of them were at home, and they still have not been able to catch the Pacers due to our increased level of play.

I highly doubt that Detroit wins their next three games, and I think they'll go 1-2 during their next three.

So while yeah it's nice to win 12 in a row, and we all know that we'd love to see the Pacers do it, it's not as if Detroit is really beating the elite teams in the league.

To really put the Pistons winning streak into prespective here's the teams they have beaten:

at Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Portland
    Phoenix
    Golden State
    at Boston
    Houston
    Dallas
    at Chicago
    Toronto
    Washington
    at Milwaukee

These teams are a combined 213-264 for a winning percentage of .447, and only 5 teams they've faced have winning records. Washington is battling Orlando for the worst record in the league, Portland can't win road games to save themselves, Chicago is awful, Atlanta, well, what can you say about them, and Phoenix is the weakest team from the West.

During their winning streak they've faced Dallas who's the worst team in the league on the defensive end, Phoenix who has the fourth worst defense on average, Chicago who's eigth worst, Golden State who's ninth worst, Boston who's eleventh worst, Atlanta who's thirteenth worst, and well, you get the idea.

While winning 12 games in a row does show everybody that a team is doing the right things to win ballgames, over half of these wins came against teams with less than .500 records, most of them were at home, and they still have not been able to catch the Pacers due to our increased level of play.

I highly doubt that Detroit wins their next three games, and I think they'll go 1-2 during their next three.

So while yeah it's nice to win 12 in a row, and we all know that we'd love to see the Pacers do it, it's not as if Detroit is really beating the elite teams in the league.
    *sighs*

I thought we were done with this crap after we beat Milwaukee on the road....

...and if we beat SA, Indy and Minnesota, I'll be hearing about How we havent played Sacramento yet during the strak....

12 wins is 12 wins. Who we played is irrelevant to me.