Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 76

Thread: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

  1. #51
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    8,830
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its surprising how far some Pacers fan will go to be critical of Lance. I guess if you don't like a guy, then you really don't like him and nothing is gonna change that. We should all be glad that "Bad Lance" didn't show his ugly face yet again last night and lose the Pacers another game, like he has SO many times this year.
    I saw Lance steal two rebounds from his own teammate and pointed it out. I love Lance and think that is nothing. In fact I would rather him steal rebounds from his own teammates if he is going to roll down the court and own the Nets. Lance has bad plays. But his good play is overshadowing those bad plays.

    Criticism does not equal hate. Hating on people who have a few criticisms equals hate

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird never paid his dues either and I am thankful he was coaching the Pacers. With that said Isaiah Thomas was the worst coach ever, next to Obrien of course. Obrien had no excuse. Either way, Kidd probably should of sit out a year or two at least or like you said paid his dues as an assistant.
    Bird had lots of front office experience including scouting and working with players in Boston after he stopped playing. Even Isaiah had years of non-playing experience (though little of it indicated he would have success at coaching). Kidd stepped straight from playing to coaching without even being a player coach.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  4. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Kidd is so bad at coaching that JOB thinks that he sucks.
    Yeah I saw the same thing yesterday, for example Reggie Evans was grabbing rebounds and playing D and Kidd decided not to play him until it has too late.

    (Note that this post is not for you Nuntious)

  5. #54
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    765

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel closer to Ian tonight now that we have both lost a tooth playing basketball.
    I lost a front tooth playing basketball too. Mine was pulled out by the net as i was dunking. It hurt ... a lot.

  6. #55

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had one of my front teeth broken in half during a pickup game in college, but it was painless to the point where other people noticed before I did. We had just gotten there, so I didn't want to leave right away. I lost five straight games and played poorly in all of them.
    Ha, sounds like my intermural days at IU. One of my teammates caught an opponent with a nasty (unintentional, just swinging the ball) 'bow. Guy's mouth wouldn't stop bleeding. Forced him out of the game, and to an emergency dentist -- he was pretty tough about it and didn't take it as malicious, we all felt bad for him.

    And then his team beat us 4 v 5 in the second half. So we didn't feel as bad.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,977

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Can we play Brooklyn every game?
    David "And One" West

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we play Brooklyn every game?
    I'm surprised not one mention of Roy coming over to Nut grabber after the game and the prior tech.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,672

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird never paid his dues either and I am thankful he was coaching the Pacers. With that said Isaiah Thomas was the worst coach ever, next to Obrien of course. Obrien had no excuse. Either way, Kidd probably should of sit out a year or two at least or like you said paid his dues as an assistant.
    Bird did have some token front office experience. He was also wise enough to recruit two very good assistants and he valued their experience and input, unlike Kidd.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird did have some token front office experience. He was also wise enough to recruit two very good assistants and he valued their experience and input, unlike Kidd.
    Right, he took time away, recruited great assistants, and actually utilized them and deferred to them as appropriate, rather than ******** on them 6 weeks into the season like this dumbass has done with Lawrence Frank.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,449

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Normally a new coach will make mistakes but not create or allow a toxic environment like Kidd has done. It would be best to cut ties with him ASAP and start over in 2014.

    As for experience, I know some degree of experience is important, but it shouldn't take much time for an experienced PG to take it on. Mark Jackson is doing great after a rough partial season. But bad coaches are bad coaches. Zeke had years in coaching and was fired by Florida International. Jim O'Brien had many years coaching and was terrible from day one and only got worse. IOW, practice does not make perfect for some "coaches".
    LeWade are going down.

  17. #61

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, he took time away, recruited great assistants, and actually utilized them and deferred to them as appropriate, rather than ******** on them 6 weeks into the season like this dumbass has done with Lawrence Frank.
    Exactly Rick Carlisle was an integral part of birds staff and Bird knew it.

  18. #62
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,672

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, he took time away, recruited great assistants, and actually utilized them and deferred to them as appropriate, rather than ******** on them 6 weeks into the season like this dumbass has done with Lawrence Frank.
    It wasn't even six weeks. That relationship blew up when Kidd finally got to coach a regular season game after his DUI suspension. It was only a matter of time. The man has NO sense of accountability (which I believe was mentioned by the guy who writes the opponent scouting report for the Area 55 News You can Take to the Bank ) at all. He truly is the MOST incompetent head coach in NBA history. Yes, more incompetent than the likes of Mike Dunlap and Jim O'Brien.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly Rick Carlisle was an integral part of birds staff and Bird knew it.
    Don't discount the late great Dick Harter.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  19. #63
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    381
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly Rick Carlisle was an integral part of birds staff and Bird knew it.
    As in business, a great coach/leader is a delegator, not a dictator. Kidd will learn this the hard way.

  20. #64
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,575
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Did anyone see Paul's left handed three pointer one handed that he made after the whistle, I think it was in the 2nd quarter. He definently was in a little bit of a zone.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  22. #65

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw Lance steal two rebounds from his own teammate and pointed it out. I love Lance and think that is nothing. In fact I would rather him steal rebounds from his own teammates if he is going to roll down the court and own the Nets. Lance has bad plays. But his good play is overshadowing those bad plays.

    Criticism does not equal hate. Hating on people who have a few criticisms equals hate
    Hey, I'm not singling you out brother. Not at all. Not anyone specifically, in fact. It can't be denied, though, that there are folks around PD who seem h*llbent on criticizing Lance and I'll call that hating. There are regulars here who have a double standard where Lance is concerned and they actively look for reasons to criticize him. I think it is because they want all the Pacers players to have conservative personalities and Lance is anything but. The fact is, those people are missing the beauty of Lance's all-around game and his tenacity.

    Somewhat rabbit-hole, somewhat not...Lance's turnovers probably stand out to people more than those by, for example, West or PG24 because Lance's turnovers are of a different fashion. Lance frequently tries a pass that no one else would whereas PG24's turnovers are frequently related to his handle. The team as a whole has a TO problem. Lance is the only who really gets any grief.


    Name-calling signature removed


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:


  24. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,593

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, I'm not singling you out brother. Not at all. Not anyone specifically, in fact. It can't be denied, though, that there are folks around PD who seem h*llbent on criticizing Lance and I'll call that hating. There are regulars here who have a double standard where Lance is concerned and they actively look for reasons to criticize him. I think it is because they want all the Pacers players to have conservative personalities and Lance is anything but. The fact is, those people are missing the beauty of Lance's all-around game and his tenacity.

    Somewhat rabbit-hole, somewhat not...Lance's turnovers probably stand out to people more than those by, for example, West or PG24 because Lance's turnovers are of a different fashion. Lance frequently tries a pass that no one else would whereas PG24's turnovers are frequently related to his handle. The team as a whole has a TO problem. Lance is the only who really gets any grief.
    I can forgive a turnover more easily if someone just loses a handle then if someone tries a hot dog pass that they shouldn't have tried which results in a turnover. I guess I look at one as an honest mistake and the other as trying to show off and costing the team a possession even though both really cost the team a possession. You can call that hating if you want to but I think turnovers like that deserve more criticism.

  25. #67
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, I'm not singling you out brother. Not at all. Not anyone specifically, in fact. It can't be denied, though, that there are folks around PD who seem h*llbent on criticizing Lance and I'll call that hating. There are regulars here who have a double standard where Lance is concerned and they actively look for reasons to criticize him. I think it is because they want all the Pacers players to have conservative personalities and Lance is anything but. The fact is, those people are missing the beauty of Lance's all-around game and his tenacity.

    Somewhat rabbit-hole, somewhat not...Lance's turnovers probably stand out to people more than those by, for example, West or PG24 because Lance's turnovers are of a different fashion. Lance frequently tries a pass that no one else would whereas PG24's turnovers are frequently related to his handle. The team as a whole has a TO problem. Lance is the only who really gets any grief.
    I honestly have not noticed that. I've noticed (relatively minor) biases against Granger and Hill, but I think everyone is pretty stoked about what Lance is delivering. You just have to take the bad with the good with Lance. Only because I saw it mentioned in your post: I think the most infuriating turnovers on this team are not delivered by Lance--I give that award to David West. Some of his passes are just beyond awful. Still love West, but just calling it like I see it.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  27. #68
    Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,323
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone see Paul's left handed three pointer one handed that he made after the whistle, I think it was in the 2nd quarter. He definently was in a little bit of a zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul a left handed three drained.
    Yep!
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

  28. #69
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not anyone specifically, in fact. It can't be denied, though, that there are folks around PD who seem h*llbent on criticizing Lance
    Really? Name one. Even better, get specific and link to some posts.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  29. #70
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,449

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, I'm not singling you out brother. Not at all. Not anyone specifically, in fact. It can't be denied, though, that there are folks around PD who seem h*llbent on criticizing Lance and I'll call that hating. There are regulars here who have a double standard where Lance is concerned and they actively look for reasons to criticize him. I think it is because they want all the Pacers players to have conservative personalities and Lance is anything but. The fact is, those people are missing the beauty of Lance's all-around game and his tenacity.

    Somewhat rabbit-hole, somewhat not...Lance's turnovers probably stand out to people more than those by, for example, West or PG24 because Lance's turnovers are of a different fashion. Lance frequently tries a pass that no one else would whereas PG24's turnovers are frequently related to his handle. The team as a whole has a TO problem. Lance is the only who really gets any grief.
    IDK. George Hill has been the one getting grief around here lately.

    But to your point, Lance is not getting much criticism at all. I say that being a guy who has battled on this board claiming he should start over the beloved Danny Granger. If anything, I'm co-pilot on the Lance Stephenson bandwagon or at least one of them. Yet I don't see what you see dude. Most everyone is backing the kid now.
    LeWade are going down.

  30. #71
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,449

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can forgive a turnover more easily if someone just loses a handle then if someone tries a hot dog pass that they shouldn't have tried which results in a turnover. I guess I look at one as an honest mistake and the other as trying to show off and costing the team a possession even though both really cost the team a possession. You can call that hating if you want to but I think turnovers like that deserve more criticism.
    I tend to look at the big picture. If Lance is getting 10 assists and makes 1 or 2 absolutely idiotic mistakes, he's still winning the game for us. So, rather than more criticism it's about the same afaic if another player gives you 3 assists and mishandles the ball once. Actually, we should favor Lance's performance in this situation.

    On top of that, Lance, by making several great plays has the defense on its heels rather than attacking. Kid is adding things to this team that nobody even recognizes.
    LeWade are going down.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  32. #72
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,850

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Name one. Even better, get specific and link to some posts.
    Probably not wise to call out admins.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  34. #73
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably not wise to call out admins.
    What are you talking about?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  35. #74
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,850

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you talking about?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    I'm not talking about you. Let's leave it at that.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  36. #75
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

    If you say so...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •