Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

Default Re: 12-28-13 Pacers vs Nets Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good shot. More entertaining to see what Charlotte's D did once Korver got the ball.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Paul just keeps keeping on, drops 20+ with ease, while still playing great D. Lance has played the best stretch of his career, he's been unbelievable since we got back from our west coast trip.
    Yes, he had about 10 points at half time and I barely remembered him shooting the ball. It's nice he can produce in the flow of the offense and take over too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Ian was doing all the postgame media in the locker room with a mouth guard in

I feel closer to Ian tonight now that we have both lost a tooth playing basketball.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I feel closer to Ian tonight now that we have both lost a tooth playing basketball.
    he fix it, he be back (click for video)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    he fix it, he be back (click for video)

I enjoy the **** out of Ian interviews.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Looked like Lance was poaching rebounds from Roy early but I like how he didn't chase the triple double even though he was close. He's starting to get that a 20-7-7 is better than a 10-10-10

Banned

Loved Lance giving Paul Pierce and kG crap today that was fun to watch So Pierce didn't look as old, KG looked really old, Kidd still sucks and doesn't know what to do lol

I give guys like Ian and Danny a lot of respect for coming back (well, not leaving) in games where they've lost teeth. Anyone here ever been hit in the mouth so hard they lost a tooth, or badly cracked/chipped one at least? I was tripped and landed an inch away from a soccer ball rocketed into my face when I was 14 or so. It was more painful than any other injury I ever suffered in my granted-only-through-age-18 athletic career (patella fracture, pinched nerve, concussion being others).

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I give guys like Ian and Danny a lot of respect for coming back (well, not leaving) in games where they've lost teeth. Anyone here ever been hit in the mouth so hard they lost a tooth, or badly cracked/chipped one at least? I was tripped and landed an inch away from a soccer ball rocketed into my face when I was 14 or so. It was more painful than any other injury I ever suffered in my granted-only-through-age-18 athletic career (patella fracture, pinched nerve, concussion being others).
    I've gotten a very small chip (so small you can't even notice unless I tell you) from an elbow, and even that hurt pretty bad.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Looked like Lance was poaching rebounds from Roy early but I like how he didn't chase the triple double even though he was close. He's starting to get that a 20-7-7 is better than a 10-10-10
    Instead of poaching, I would say he's just being aggressive as usual and perhaps he's just a lot better rebounder for a guy that size.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Instead of poaching, I would say he's just being aggressive as usual and perhaps he's just a lot better rebounder for a guy that size.
    I phrased it a little weird so it sounded accusatory, but I had no problem with it either. A couple of them led to quick points on the other end. My only worry was that it was gonna be Triple-Double-Lance right out of the gate.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    I phrased it a little weird so it sounded accusatory, but I had no problem with it either. A couple of them led to quick points on the other end. My only worry was that it was gonna be Triple-Double-Lance right out of the gate.
    I have a feeling Lance is taking criticism pretty well. Maybe that's just my hope. But if true, he's probably been told to stop trying for triple doubles. The good news is that if he's out there doing that we are probably destroying the opposition.

Great game. The thing is that this wasn't even close to our best basketball. I think this team is just now starting to hit it's stride and should be much better at the end of the season.
    I'd still like to see more effort in getting Hibbert established early in the offense. The only way that happens is if our guards make the effort and I know it's hard to argue when shots are falling like they were tonight. I though Granger looked really good. His overall game speed was a step up from the past game which was obvious the way he moved without the ball tonight. I see a 20 point night in the near future for Granger.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    A couple of them were Murphyesque, I am not going to let the Lance glasses miss the easy ones.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I do agree, you got to give the bigs some love rebounds sometimes, I know Lance wants to push the tempo up sometimes but a couple issues can occur; either pissing off Roy or David sometimes and maybe them not trying as hard for boards and the other team getting offensive rebounds, and the big one is the occasional 2 guys trying to get a rebound that tip the ball out of bounds or back out to the other team. I hate the latter thing more than just about anything in basketball lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    either pissing off Roy or David sometimes
    Roy looked a little annoyed the second time it happened (I was a little annoyed too) but Lance got West an open lay up because of it so I can't imagine Roy was too angry.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea...Lance definitely graduated with honors from the Troy Murphy school of stealing rebounds...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jason Kidd is so bad at coaching that JOB thinks that he sucks.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Serves the Nets right for giving Kidd the job when he paid ZERO coaching dues. It happens in all walks of life but I hate it when people get a position just for being popular or having a name.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Serves the Nets right for giving Kidd the job when he paid ZERO coaching dues. It happens in all walks of life but I hate it when people get a position just for being popular or having a name.
    Bird never paid his dues either and I am thankful he was coaching the Pacers. With that said Isaiah Thomas was the worst coach ever, next to Obrien of course. Obrien had no excuse. Either way, Kidd probably should of sit out a year or two at least or like you said paid his dues as an assistant.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Bird never paid his dues either and I am thankful he was coaching the Pacers. With that said Isaiah Thomas was the worst coach ever, next to Obrien of course. Obrien had no excuse. Either way, Kidd probably should of sit out a year or two at least or like you said paid his dues as an assistant.
    I think it is a big difference. Most coaches earned their positions well after they played. How they thought this was going to work I don't know. It was almost as if they didn't realize the Laker project with Payton and Malone. He doesn't have the composure. He doesn't have the schemes. Magic Johnson was a horrible coach as well. But we see Jackson and Bird and Doc Rivers and Doug Collins and Paul Westphal and so many more.

But there comes a time when the player is not a player and they have to act like a coach. That is hard to do when you just player last year.

Kidd should have joined the Dallas Maverick staff or Doc Rivers. Learn and adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I had one of my front teeth broken in half during a pickup game in college, but it was painless to the point where other people noticed before I did. We had just gotten there, so I didn't want to leave right away. I lost five straight games and played poorly in all of them.

Its surprising how far some Pacers fan will go to be critical of Lance. I guess if you don't like a guy, then you really don't like him and nothing is gonna change that. We should all be glad that "Bad Lance" didn't show his ugly face yet again last night and lose the Pacers another game, like he has SO many times this year.

Name-calling signature removed