Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cavaliers suspend Andrew Bynum indefinately; on trade block

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cavaliers suspend Andrew Bynum indefinately; on trade block

I'm not sure who Miami waives to get Bynum. They'd love to get rid of Joel Anthony, but not enough to eat two years of his salary to pick up Bynum, and they're not going to get rid of Mason or Beasley. And I'm not sure if he's a complete game-changer with Miami. I think they're going to see if Oden can play.

But he could potentially be a game-changer for the Clippers. They're backup bigs are Antawn Jamison, Byron Mullens, and Ryan Hollins, and Blake Griffin can't play center. That means they're going to have to rely on DeAndre Jordan in crunch time, who I still don't totally trust in big playoff games. Bynum would be a nice insurance policy to have. I thought that person would be Emeka Okafor, but Phoenix is unexpectedly good, and I don't think they'll cut him now.

So, in short, I think the Clippers are more likely to sign Bynum than Miami.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure who Miami waives to get Bynum. They'd love to get rid of Joel Anthony, but not enough to eat two years of his salary to pick up Bynum, and they're not going to get rid of Mason or Beasley. And I'm not sure if he's a complete game-changer with Miami. I think they're going to see if Oden can play.

But he could potentially be a game-changer for the Clippers. They're backup bigs are Antawn Jamison, Byron Mullens, and Ryan Hollins, and Blake Griffin can't play center. That means they're going to have to rely on DeAndre Jordan in crunch time, who I still don't totally trust in big playoff games. Bynum would be a nice insurance policy to have. I thought that person would be Emeka Okafor, but Phoenix is unexpectedly good, and I don't think they'll cut him now.

So, in short, I think the Clippers are more likely to sign Bynum than Miami.

Yeah, the Clippers need Bynum more than Miami and they're in a position where they need to take a risk to get to that next level, while Miami could only really mess things up by bringing him in. I'm sure Bynum wishes he could play in Miami (and so do about 350 other non-Heat NBA players) but I doubt there is a ton of mutual interest. The Heat are about winning titles, not sideshow acts like Bynum.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How can Miami possibly have any money left to sign Bynum?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    How can Miami possibly have any money left to sign Bynum?
    Any team can sign any player for the minimum salary. No matter how far over the cap or luxury tax they are. Miami's issue, IMO, is they have a full roster and I'm not sure who they waive to sign him.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any team can sign any player for the minimum salary. No matter how far over the cap or luxury tax they are. Miami's issue, IMO, is they have a full roster and I'm not sure who they waive to sign him.
    I could see the Sixers absorbing Joel Anthony's contract if the Heat sent them a couple of second-round picks or something along those lines. Or Miami could get away with waiving Rashard Lewis.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I could see the Sixers absorbing Joel Anthony's contract if the Heat sent them a couple of second-round picks or something along those lines. Or Miami could get away with waiving Rashard Lewis.
    The Sixers actually owe Miami a protected first round pick. It's lottery protected the next two years, and if it's not conveyed by then, Philly gives Miami two 2nd round draft picks in 2015 and 2016. So I think if Miami sent Philly that pick back with Anthony's contract the Sixers may make that deal.

And Miami won't waive Lewis. He's been in the rotation all season.
    UncleBuck:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Impossible Is Nothing

Another point I read somewhere that I hadn't thought of when it comes to the Heat is the "knucklehead rule", which no franchise's fans should be more familiar with than Indiana's. The "rule", for those who are unfamiliar, is basically, "It's ok to have one knucklehead. But you don't want two, because they might hang out."

And the Heat already have Michael Beasley. So it'd be pretty risky to sign Andrew Bynum, even with that strong of a locker room.
    UncleBuck:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another point I read somewhere that I hadn't thought of when it comes to the Heat is the "knucklehead rule", which no franchise's fans should be more familiar with than Indiana's. The "rule", for those who are unfamiliar, is basically, "It's ok to have one knucklehead. But you don't want two, because they might hang out."

And the Heat already have Michael Beasley. So it'd be pretty risky to sign Andrew Bynum, even with that strong of a locker room.
    lol ain that the god dam truth.... shiii they might even shoot up a parking lot
    Impossible Is Nothing

I just don't see how the Gilbert would agree to any trade that would help the Miami Heat, and Lebron James. Not to mention any sort of plan or inclination that Lebron resigns in Cleveland to team up with Kyrie would probably happen because the Heat lose this year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Bynum is about as big a factor as Oden in MIA. I say, let the Heat or the Knicks have him. He's shot for this season anyway.

Apparently this is the "reason" why Bynum was suspended it sounds suspect but it makes sense considering..

http://www.terezowens.com/andrew-byn...h-coachs-wife/

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Apparently this is the "reason" why Bynum was suspended it sounds suspect but it makes sense considering..

Did nobody up there learn anything from Delonte?

And Dan Gilbert is petty enough to Tinsley Bynum over letting him go to Miami.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

This makes more sense than either 'I'm tired of making millions of dollars playing basketball' or 'I want to give up $6M from CLE to earn $750K from LAC.'

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Interesting that this has been removed at the request of the Cavs now?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Wait, he slept with Mrs. Mike Brown? Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Wait, he slept with Mrs. Mike Brown? Yikes!
    Assistant coach.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down Re: Cavaliers suspend Andrew Bynum indefinately; on trade block

Removed at request of the Cleveland Cavaliers ...

bummer .... I didn't get to see it ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Banned

@ramonashelburne: Cavs & Lakers discussing trade involving Bynum & Gasol. Cavs also spoken separately to Bulls Story w/ @windhorstespn http://t.co/f4c4Gw7h4i

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @ramonashelburne: Cavs & Lakers discussing trade involving Bynum & Gasol. Cavs also spoken separately to Bulls Story w/ @windhorstespn http://t.co/f4c4Gw7h4i

Ha
    So a salary dump this year or would they keep him? I'd doubt if the Lakers would waste their cap space on Bynum, they'd want to go after bigger fish next year.

Banned

Well it looks like the idea of trading for Bynum is to save over 20mil so I guess it makes sense, maybe Cleveland is willing to ad a piece or two in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    So a salary dump this year or would they keep him? I'd doubt if the Lakers would waste their cap space on Bynum, they'd want to go after bigger fish next year.
    Salary dump.

I don't think this rumor has any strength to it. The Lakers want more than cap space for Gasol and the Cavs want to trade money for players. JMO, but this is a fantasy trade on both sides. Unless Jim Dolan buys one of the teams in the next week, there is nothing but talk here.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Salary dump.

I don't think this rumor has any strength to it. The Lakers want more than cap space for Gasol and the Cavs want to trade money for players. JMO, but this is a fantasy trade on both sides. Unless Jim Dolan buys one of the teams in the next week, there is nothing but talk here.
    The Cavs would have to add additional salary to make it work. The player who could make it palatable: Anthony Bennett.
    UncleBuck:

The Cavs would have to add additional salary to make it work. The player who could make it palatable: Anthony Bennett.
    I'd tell em to take Jack, that contract kinda sucks

Banned

@Hoya2aPacer: Hearing Bynum wants Clippers or Heat. Good for them!