Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleacher Report: Stop Searching for Replacements, George Hill Is Perfect Point Guard for Pacers

Default Re: Bleacher Report: Stop Searching for Replacements, George Hill Is Perfect Point Guard for Pacers

It's also not that GH has bad stats. His advanced stats have been good ever since he got here. His My Synergy PPP stats were excellent in his first 2 years here. That means that he is extremely efficient. He hasn't been efficient to start this year, but Hibbert should have taught us last year that the first quarter/half of games to start a year shouldn't define a player or even a season.

Default Re: Bleacher Report: Stop Searching for Replacements, George Hill Is Perfect Point Guard for Pacers

Hill has been steady and typically clutch (before this season). He's also a good match next to Lance, as Hill is very good at playing off the ball, allowing Lance to start plays with the ball in his hand.

When he is aggressive, he might actually be my favorite Pacer. I just wish he was consistently so.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

I think that there are very few people out there who watch the Pacers consistently, who would say that Hill isn't doing an excellent job filling his role. He works within the flow of the offense, is usually pretty clutch (although I do remember a few missed FTs this year), and fits in nicely in our defensive scheme. As many people (and the article) have said, his influence goes beyond the stats and his flexibility within our system is a huge positive.

The one real point to be made against him (in my mind) is his salary. As a glue guy and our 5th best starter, it seems difficult to justify $8mill a year. Unfortunately, Hill's $8mill a year actually makes him just the 15th highest paid point guard in the NBA… which, on its face, looks pretty reasonable. The only guys getting paid less than Hill are either too young to have received full new contracts (Wall, Irving, etc.) or are just not really that good (BJennings, Dragic, etc.). At the end of the day, there really isn't anyone on a cheaper contract than Hill who would be a better (or equal) fit for this team.

(here's the link for those of you who are curious)
    http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nba/...uard/limit-50/

The only name that stands out to me as a realistic option is Kyle Lowry, but then you have to ask yourself how much better he fits our team than Hill, and if it is worth the sacrifice in chemistry. Also as an UFA this upcoming offseason, it is very likely he receives an offer worth more than we gave Hill.

Although it would be nice to upgrade the point guard spot, I don't think we are going to find anyone, especially at a reasonable price, to fill Hill's role.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bleacher Report has been hiring a ton of professional writers this year. Not sure if this guy is one of them, but they are no longer just filled with crappy writers. The overall quality has been improving...

That is because TNT bought the site several months ago. It is quality now
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-28-2013 at 09:00 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is because TNT bought the site several months ago. It is quality now
    Which is why I'm shocked TNT didn't completely re-brand the site. Just make it TNT Sports Online or something. They had to know the baggage that comes with "Bleacher Report."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The way this team is playing I don't see how we can knock any of our players. Hill may be the weak link in the Starting 5; however, if Hill is our weakest link we are pretty damn good.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bleacher Report has my favorite sports app for my android phone. It's free, you can get it at google play store for android or the apple store for iPhone. Links to tons of articles from all over, to the teams and sports you choose.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...amstream&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/team...418075935?mt=8
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"