Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westbrook has knee surgery, out until after All-Star Break

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Westbrook has knee surgery, out until after All-Star Break

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 32s

OKC makes it official: Westbrook out until after the All-Star break, following arthroscopic surgery on right knee.

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 1m

In statement, Presti says recent MRI showed "area of concern that had not previously existed, nor was detectable in the previous procedures"
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 2m

Sam Presti: "Russell has been playing pain free, but recently had experienced increased swelling."

The dude was hurt? The dude dropped a triple dub in 3 quarters hurt? Holy crap!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Westbrook has knee surgery, out until after All-Star Break

While you hate to see anyone go down to injury, this could prove to be invaluable when it comes to the Pacers securing the number one overall seed and home court advantage throughout the playoffs...because home court could likely be even more important playing OKC in the championship than Miami in the ECF

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn! Westbrook is one of my favorite non-Pacers. He was playing so great this year. I guess his quick recovery was just too good to be true. I just hope that this doesn't keep lingering.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While you hate to see anyone go down to injury, this could prove to be invaluable when it comes to the Pacers securing the number one overall seed and home court advantage throughout the playoffs...because home court could likely be even more important playing OKC in the championship than Miami in the ECF
    are you serious? How low can people get.
    Impossible Is Nothing

That sucks. Doctors sound like idiots though. They have to do another surgery to repair something they missed in the previous surgery? Gimme a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    are you serious? How low can people get.
    He has an athletic injury, not cancer. Fact remains, this injury DOES help the Pacers in their quest for the #1 overall seed, and I do agree it'd be more important to have home court against OKC than Miami. We've proven we can beat Miami in Miami whereas OKC is practically an impossible place to win.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

In our last 11 games in Miami we have won 2 iirc. Weve proven we can win just not very often. Against a healthy OKC team i doubt we win either way.

Besides if we cant have a better record than every western conference team there is something Wrong. We have exactly 1 tough road game left for gods sake.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    He has an athletic injury, not cancer. Fact remains, this injury DOES help the Pacers in their quest for the #1 overall seed, and I do agree it'd be more important to have home court against OKC than Miami. We've proven we can beat Miami in Miami whereas OKC is practically an impossible place to win.
    You guys are pathetic. I know the way I felt when we lost granger and I can't imagine how the thunder fans feel. I am confident that our team does not need an injury by any player in the league to secure home court, nor will I find solace in the fact that an injury will help us secure HCA.

I wish RW a speedy recovery
    Impossible Is Nothing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Knee injuries suck extra bad
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Hits keep comin

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hits keep comin

Was that the one he tore when Roy blocked him like 4 times during the lockout year?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Was that the one he tore when Roy blocked him like 4 times during the lockout year?
    other one. but still, obviously not good. he's probably done for the year.

You guys are pathetic. I know the way I felt when we lost granger and I can't imagine how the thunder fans feel. I am confident that our team does not need an injury by any player in the league to secure home court, nor will I find solace in the fact that an injury will help us secure HCA.

Yes, I'm sure we all wish RW a speedy recovery but don't go off the deep end because people are stating the truth. Can we obtain the best record regardless of the injury...probably. Now, if you are proposing we sit West or Hibbert until the AS break out of sympathy, I think not.

Just my opinion
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alabama-Redneck For This Useful Post:

It seems this happens every year. Tack on DRose and the path to Larry O'Brien is getting smoother. I would never wish for a player to be injured...not even DWade.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Is Westbrook the new Granger?

How's the view all the way up there on Mount Pious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Is Westbrook the new Granger?
    No.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It seems this happens every year. Tack on DRose and the path to Larry O'Brien is getting smoother. I would never wish for a player to be injured...not even DWade.
    All year Ive had this premonition that we are going to lose either PG or Hibbert to a season-ending injury...That just like in 04-05 something again was going to rear its ugly head and drastically change our season's outlook...one of the keys is always being able to stay relatively healthy...hence why Pop rests his guys throughout the year, Wade is taking days off and the Heat rested guys towards the end of the season...that and a little luck certainly never hurts...

All year Ive had this premonition that we are going to lose either PG or Hibbert to a season-ending injury...That just like in 04-05 something again was going to rear its ugly head and drastically change our season's outlook...one of the keys is always being able to stay relatively healthy...hence why Pop rests his guys throughout the year, Wade is taking days off and the Heat rested guys towards the end of the season...that and a little luck certainly never hurts...
    Wade rests because he already has knee issues. Pop rests his guys because they're old. I agree, however, that over-use might be causing some issues for guys like DRose and Westbrook. That's why it's good to have a deep team. As for one of our guys getting hurt, it could happen to any of them. I can only say that the one positive is that it seems to be hitting muscle-bound AND athletic players like DRose, Westbrook, DHoward and Horford. I think the human body is reaching some limits with these guys. Fortunately (or unfortunate however you want to look at it) we don't have anyone like that on this team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    How's the view all the way up there on Mount Pious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I know this is a very sensitive topic for Romsey given his personal background so I chose to give him a pass on his comments even though it seems he completely disregarded the part where I prefaced my original comment with "While you hate to see anyone go down to injury"....and I dont believe anyone is excited about the consequences but simply discussing the ramifications of such...at least thats how I feel....Westbrook was a very dynamic player and very fun to watch...with him they are a finals team as was clearly evidenced 2 years ago and without him they are not as was clearly evidenced last year...if anyone is celebrating-and i dont believe they are-it would probably be San Antonio or Clipper fans...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

I know this is a very sensitive topic for Romsey given his personal background so I chose to give him a pass on his comments even though it seems he completely disregarded the part where I prefaced my original comment with "While you hate to see anyone go down to injury"....and I dont believe anyone is excited about the consequences but simply discussing the ramifications of such...at least thats how I feel....Westbrook was a very dynamic player and very fun to watch...with him they are a finals team as was clearly evidenced 2 years ago and without him they are not as was clearly evidenced last year...if anyone is celebrating-and i dont believe they are-it would probably be San Antonio or Clipper fans...
    Nice post and I agree. But the Clippers shouldn't even be dreaming about the finals. It will be Portland or San Antonio unless Westbrook makes a speedy recovery.

With Westbrook, the Thunder have 2 of the top 5 players in the league and IMO are the clear cut favorites to come out of the West. His absence certainly zaps them of a lot of their swag. I think he is basically as important to that team as Durant.

Now in fairness, he got hurt in the playoffs last year and they had absolutely no time to prepare for life without him. They will at least have plenty of time to figure things out now, though there is obviously no way you replace a talent like Westbrook. But they can at least be better than they were in that Memphis series without him. They have one of the best backup point guards in the NBA in Mr. October. I think that he will do a solid job of filling in.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Nice post and I agree. But the Clippers shouldn't even be dreaming about the finals. It will be Portland or San Antonio unless Westbrook makes a speedy recovery.
    I guess come playoff time Im gonna have more confidence in a Clipper team that gets Redick back and is lead by Doc Rivers and Chris Paul than I am the Portland team considering this will pretty much be their first go round....as competitive as the West is I wouldnt be shocked if Portland is knocked out in the first round by a very good veteran playoff team-like a Golden State for instance...

Yeah, this year the Clippers have the Glenn Rivers factor. It will be interesting to see how much that increases their success in the playoffs. With the way Chris Paul is playing, I think anything is possible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I apologise guys if I blew a bit of a fuse there. Took it the wrong way.
    Impossible Is Nothing