Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Knicks Want Roy

Default Re: The Knicks Want Roy

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers "matched" the deal but Hibbert never got to sign the Portland offer right?
    Right, Roy never actually signed anything from Portland, we just gave him the exact terms of Portland's offer. Including 4.5% raises instead of 7.5%, which is probably why Roy and his people didn't go for no options.

Also worth noting the 3rd year of West's deal is a player option. Can't see him not picking that up though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty sure every team in the league wants Roy.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Pretty sure every team in the league wants Roy.
    Pretty much. I was reading a Heat board and a fan of another team (I think Spurs but I'm not sure) asked this question:

I'm always interested in figuring out the value of players.

Let's say an owner of an average NBA team approached the Heat with a trade request for Lebron. They were willing to trade as many first round picks as necessary to get Lebron. As an example they were willing to trade their 1st round picks from 2014-2024 for Lebron.

How many first round picks would it take you to ship Lebron out?

For purposes of this hypothetical imagine such a trade was allowed under league rules.
    Here's an answer to that:

None. You don't trade the best player in the NBA for draft picks, you're giving up on the dynasty for draft picks. If LeBron demanded a trade, then I'd ship him out to Indiana for Paul George, Roy Hibbert, and a couple of 1st round picks.
    Another poster said that he'd only do it if it was for Durant + Westbrook.

It doesn't mean anything, of course. I was just glad to see how widely respect PG and Roy are.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope to gawd that we would not even consider trading PG & Roy for that 29 year old carpet-bager!

Personally, I would not trade PG straight up for LaBrag!
    + Picks AND Roy??? faggetaboutit!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    2 years actually, because Roy has an opt out. So the year after Lance. We don't have 2015 cap numbers yet, but $18m seems like a reasonable ballpark using the projected 2014 cap.
    I meant 3 years before he hits 20 mil., but yes year after next we need to plan on paying Roy more then we will be PG. This is why Larry needs to draw a reasonable line at what he's willing to pay Lance. I guess we can't extend Roy next year to a 30% max deal can we? I'd think he'd have to opt out first before that could happen?

Mood

I just don't get why the Knicks would even want Rondo. It's not like Melo will ever let him have the ball.

I hope they do get rondo to play with melo they'll kill each other

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Pacers basically just need to keep the Roy/Lance/George core longterm. Obviously easier said then done.
    Roy and George yes, Lance though is a luxury. Keeping him long term would be a good thing, but not necessary. Long term, finding a West replacement is more important than keeping Lance.

EXACTLY... just like PG was gong to go to LA in a few? The NBA is the biggest problem here. They "encourage" the stud's going to the BIG MARKETS. And it is sad.

Teams need to be marketed, NOT players. Lakers, Celtics.. Pistons, Bulls.. Pacers, Knicks, Pacers, Bulls....

Not Mello vs Kobe.... sigh

JMO

14. The Following User Says Thank You to woowoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Roy and George yes, Lance though is a luxury. Keeping him long term would be a good thing, but not necessary. Long term, finding a West replacement is more important than keeping Lance.
    I could not disagree more. Lance is the key this season to winning it all or not. He is a a STUD in the making.

West is on his last leg. and great PF's will not come cheap. Lance is YOUNG, ... he PG, and Roy are a FANTASTIC base for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    I could not disagree more. Lance is the key this season to winning it all or not. He is a a STUD in the making.

West is on his last leg. and great PF's will not come cheap. Lance is YOUNG, ... he PG, and Roy are a FANTASTIC base for the future.
    If we have to make a hard decision because we can't afford 3 max contracts then Lance is a luxury. He isn't as important to our future as Roy or Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post

Will Lance make it easier to win the championship, definitely. He isn't the key though. Don't over value what Lance brings to this team. The key to winning is Roy, and Roy alone. The reason why finding a West replacement is more important is because of the difficulty of it. It is much easier to find a replacement for Lance than it is West.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Want doesn't get."

The Knicks are free to want anyone they please... but I think most players look at that organization's weapons-grade stupidity and run the other way. The Knicks are only going to get guys that they overpay... and none of the guys on that list are going to be overpaid, because almost all of them are worthy of the max.

I'd love for them to sign Dwyane Wade though... not that I want him to get hurt, but I'd love if he couldn't stay healthy and just rotted away on their salary cap for three or four years.

Ik money speaks, but the big advantage Indy has is we have Bird. Bird has been a huge inspiration to Lance, and I think if Lance stays, which he likely will, will have a lot to do with Bird being here.

I want Roy. no homo

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I am going to have to side with the people saying Lance is a must keep. Him, George and Hibbert make us contenders every year. We could replace Hill and West and still be contenders. Although I doubt we would be favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I am going to have to side with the people saying Lance is a must keep. Him, George and Hibbert make us contenders every year. We could replace Hill and West and still be contenders. Although I doubt we would be favorites.
    That's right. I love this team and Hill and West are very good players. I have no complaints about the Pacers. Still Lance, Paul and Roy are the key players that this franchise needs to hang onto. We would still be a very good team without Hill and West which is amazing. But if we lost Paul, Lance or Roy we may not be contending.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    That's right. I love this team and Hill and West are very good players. I have no complaints about the Pacers. Still Lance, Paul and Roy are the key players that this franchise needs to hang onto. We would still be a very good team without Hill and West which is amazing. But if we lost Paul, Lance or Roy we may not be contending.
    Don't get me wrong I want Lance at a reasonable price but I don't think Larry feels the same way about Lance as he does PG and Roy when you read his recent quote and I agree. As much as he's improved he'll never be as important to the team's success as Roy or PG. You could plug in the right MLE player for Lance and still contend. You can't do that for Roy.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Best case scenario:

We win the next two championships and Herb is willing to go into the luxury tax because we are making an absurd amount of money, AND role players are willing to take lesser deals to ring-chase here. That will help us keep everyone.