Thread: Hibbert Upset After ESPN Posts Photo Of Teammate In Article About Him

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Hibbert Upset After ESPN Posts Photo Of Teammate In Article About Him

I'm surprised no one already posted a thread about this. I saw this on Bleacher Report last night and SBNation picked up the story along with a couple of other outlets:

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/...mmate-article/
    Roy Hibbert Upset After ESPN Posts Photo Of Teammate In Article About Him
    Mack 12/25/2013 0 Comments

Despite Roy Hibbert taking over the @ESPNNBA Twitter account on Christmas Day, ESPN still made the mistake of posting a photo of Pacers forward Ian Mahinmi in an article about Roy Hibbert, thinking that it was him.

The Pacers center took to Twitter later on to react, posting a picture of the error with a circle around Mahinmi’s face that read “not me.” Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Hibbert Upset After ESPN Posts Photo Of Teammate In Article About Him

ESPN just further proving that Roy was right when he said Ya'll mother****ers don't watch us.

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Hibbert Upset After ESPN Posts Photo Of Teammate In Article About Him

All of his tweets should have been in French.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't really call that being "upset"... just pointing out stupidity.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I am not so sure that he is seriously like, offended or something. I think he was just pointing out ESPN being stupid in a semi-humourosly way
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

LeBron called ESPN to complain that the Heat weren't Undisputed Kings of the NBA Universe, so ESPN is trying to get into Roy's head.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    I am not so sure that he is seriously like, offended or something. I think he was just pointing out ESPN being stupid in a semi-humourosly way
    Roy is very sensitive so I don't think he was trying to be humorous. He was calling ESPN out about it. They fixed the issue and he went on to text during the entire first half of the Lakers vs. Heat game without bringing it back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Roy is very sensitive so I don't think he was trying to be humorous. He was calling ESPN out about it. They fixed the issue and he went on to text during the entire first half of the Lakers vs. Heat game without bringing it back up.
    I don't think Roy was really offended by that. His tweets are known to be humorous. There's a reason he's considered in many circles to be one of the top NBA player social media follows in the game.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

It is hilarious that the graphics dude at ESPN doesn't know what Roy looks like.

They really DON'T watch us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: