Thread: Indiana-Miami blockbuster trade

Default Indiana-Miami blockbuster trade

This trade works according to ESPN Trade Machine:

From Indiana to Miami:
    Granger $ 14.021.788, Copeland $ 3.000.000 and Watson $ 2.016.000

From Miami to Indiana:
    James $ 19.067.500, Beasley $ 884.293 and Oden $ 884.293

Indiana takes salary: $ 20.836.086 (+ 1.798.298)
    Miami takes salary: $ 19.037.788 ( 1.798.298)

This trade would leave the Pacers just under the luxury tax threshold, which is estimated being at $ 71.748.000. Before this trade our payroll was $ 69.921.277 and afterwards it will be $ 71.719.575. So we would still be $ 28.425 under the luxury tax threshold.

Now, why would these teams want to finalize this deal?

The Pacers would get LeBron James for the rest of the season, if not for longer. No need to explain the incentive more, really. Beasley and Oden would be basically throw-ins. At the moment, Miami has 15 players under contract and Indiana has 14 players under contract.

As for the Heat, well, they would reduce their luxury tax bill. Before this trade they were over the threshold $ 11.780.143 and afterwards $ 9.978.145. It is quite important for the Heat to get under $ 10 million for the tax, because as a repeat luxury tax offender they are now subjected to pay $ 3.50 per every excess dollar, whereas after getting under $ 10 million they are subjected to pay only $ 2.75 per every excess dollar. Make the calculations and you can see that their total savings after this trade would be $ 13.790.601,75. So this would definitely make sense financially for them.

Naturally all this money talk is pretty secondary compared to putting up a winning team, but we must try to sell this trade to the Heat somehow, right? Maybe they think that they are the second best team in the Eastern Conference no matter what, and furthermore they don't think they can convince James to stay in Miami, when he can opt out of his contract in the summertime. In that speculative case saving some luxury tax money is certainly a good thing.

If this trade falls through, here is my new depth chart for the Pacers:

PG
    G. Hill / Stephenson / Sloan
    SG
    James / Johnson
    SF
    George / Butler / S. Hill
    PF
    West / Scola / Beasley
    C
    Hibbert / Mahinmi / Oden

I believe this trade would bring the title in Indiana. We only got to sell it to the Heat. Of course we are in a great position even right now, but I am sure we all would accept this trade in a heartbeat!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana-Miami blockbuster trade

Lol yeah right...they would never trade LeBron or they would have a riot on their hands. Plus their trying to threepeat this year and they would have no chance without James. I don't think they would trade him for anything even if he can opt out..their obviously gonna try to convince him to stay. And they don't give a crap about the luxury tax lol...they have won back to back finals.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Got a trade you thought up? Whether you ran it through RealGM to make sure it works, or just wish it did, post it here."

I see why they included that now.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

James for Hibbert and Paul might at least be discussed, outside of that there is nothing that we have that would not get us hung-up on immediately.

Yeah, it works also per RealGM:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6392378

"This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement."

Obviously there is no question Miami wouldn't accept it, but man, I'm sure we'd love it! Just a little daydreaming, huh?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LeBron sure would shore up our bench. Imagine --- PG comes out and in comes LeBron James. Now there's a team that can legitimately predict 8 rings.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo

I'm so glad to see a Finn posting in PacersDigest. I just loved your country's language and its actually part of my university thesis.

In any case, this is obviously not happening. The Heat have no reason to do this. The value isn't there. Besides, I don't think that the two teams would trade with each other even if the value was there.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Oh, how nice that you love our language in Finland... Finnish that is. Kiitos (thank you)! You're in Southern Europe somewhere, I can notice. Would you like to tell some more about your studies regarding Finnish?

As far as your comment about this trade proposal is concerned, of course you're right, no question.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FinPacers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FinPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This trade works according to ESPN Trade Machine:

From Indiana to Miami:
    Granger $ 14.021.788, Copeland $ 3.000.000 and Watson $ 2.016.000

From Miami to Indiana:
    James $ 19.067.500, Beasley $ 884.293 and Oden $ 884.293

Indiana takes salary: $ 20.836.086 (+ 1.798.298)
    Miami takes salary: $ 19.037.788 (– 1.798.298)

This trade would leave the Pacers just under the luxury tax threshold, which is estimated being at $ 71.748.000. Before this trade our payroll was $ 69.921.277 and afterwards it will be $ 71.719.575. So we would still be $ 28.425 under the luxury tax threshold.

Now, why would these teams want to finalize this deal?

The Pacers would get LeBron James for the rest of the season, if not for longer. No need to explain the incentive more, really. Beasley and Oden would be basically throw-ins. At the moment, Miami has 15 players under contract and Indiana has 14 players under contract.

As for the Heat, well, they would reduce their luxury tax bill. Before this trade they were over the threshold $ 11.780.143 and afterwards $ 9.978.145. It is quite important for the Heat to get under $ 10 million for the tax, because as a repeat luxury tax offender they are now subjected to pay $ 3.50 per every excess dollar, whereas after getting under $ 10 million they are subjected to pay only $ 2.75 per every excess dollar. Make the calculations and you can see that their total savings after this trade would be $ 13.790.601,75. So this would definitely make sense financially for them.

Naturally all this money talk is pretty secondary compared to putting up a winning team, but we must try to sell this trade to the Heat somehow, right? Maybe they think that they are the second best team in the Eastern Conference no matter what, and furthermore they don't think they can convince James to stay in Miami, when he can opt out of his contract in the summertime. In that speculative case saving some luxury tax money is certainly a good thing.

If this trade falls through, here is my new depth chart for the Pacers:

PG
    G. Hill / Stephenson / Sloan
    SG
    James / Johnson
    SF
    George / Butler / S. Hill
    PF
    West / Scola / Beasley
    C
    Hibbert / Mahinmi / Oden

I believe this trade would bring the title in Indiana. We only got to sell it to the Heat. Of course we are in a great position even right now, but I am sure we all would accept this trade in a heartbeat!

(drops mic)

you forgot the last part

do not want this, even as a dream

We're built, not bought, with scrappy overlooked guys, not prima donna floppers.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he wanted to come here, we'd have to trade Hill, let Danny and Lance walk, and have no bench. No thanks.

I love thinking about
    CJ
    Paul
    Lebron
    West
    Roy
    ...but it will never happen so I'm not worried
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

I like your math where our 6th, 8th, and 12th best players equal the best player in the NBA.