Thread: Boston Celtics - Indiana Pacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Boston Celtics - Indiana Pacers

I'm of the opinion that trading for Rondo is risky as is given that he missed 44 games last year and the talk of him coming back in early February means he'll miss 50-55 games this season. And that's if he even comes back at the start of February. To me, we have a good thing going and the idea of trading Hill and Granger for a player that is a risk to go down a la Rose style, means you trade 2 players for 0. Though, Granger's health is not a given either. I'm talking about this based on the idea we'd trade Hill, Granger, future 1st for Rondo and Humphries. There's no way we'd trade Stephenson in that also or take back Wallace because it means we'd essentially lose Stephenson to free agents anyways. So, I was looking at a trade that adds on to the initial idea of Hill/Granger/1st for Rondo/Humphries. I fear the depth of our back court trading both Hill and Granger for one back court player in Rondo. And that's assuming Rondo stays healthy. The idea he could re-injure himself means our back court would be decimated if we lost him. I like our team as is, person. But a Rondo trade were to go down...

Celtics receive: George Hill, Danny Granger, Solomon Hill(2013 1st rd pick), Chris Copeland and future 1st

Pacers receive: Rajon Rondo, Kris Humphries and Courtney Lee

Jared Sullinger, Vitor Faverani, Kelly Olynyk
    Brandon Bass, Chris Copeland
    Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace, Solomon Hill, Keith Bogans
    Jeff Green, Jordan Crawford, Marshon Brooks
    George Hill, Avery Bradley, Phill Pressey

Roh Hibbert, Ian Mahinimi,
    David West, Luis Scola, Kris Humphries
    Paul George, Orlando Johnson
    Lance Stephenson, Courtney Lee, Rasual Butler
    Rajon Rondo, CJ Watson, Donald Sloan

I have no idea how the Celtics would set their line up because I didn't realize Crawford was their point guard and Bradley was their shooting guard. I thought Bradley was their point guard, Green was their shooting guard, Wallace was their small forward and Crawford was coming off the bench. So, if the trade happened, they can do their line up however they like. But they essentially get two 1st round picks with Solomon Hill and a 1st round pick. They replace Humphries expiring with Granger, so... they can re-sign him or let him walk. Chris Copeland has 1 year less on his contract than Courtney Lee and is making 2 million less than Courtney Lee. They've been wanting to get rid of him but if we were to obtain him, he replaces Granger's depth off the bench. Stephenson can always log minutes at SF while Courtney Lee or CJ Watson play some shooting guard off the bench. I just feel that with the risk of Rondo getting injured that we need some insurance with Courtney Lee since we'd no longer have Granger. And Kris Humphries not only expires allowing us to try and re-sign Stephenson, he's actually better depth than Copeland and gives us another guy that can play both power forward and center if someone were to get injured.

Thoughts? Are we giving up too much? Are the Celtics not getting enough?

As I said... the whole idea of trading for Rondo scares me with his health problems and seeing Rose go back down for the season. If we trade just Granger/Hill for Rondo and he's injured... our 2nd string back court becomes Donald Sloan, Orlando Johnson, Solomon Hill. I don't like our chances anymore at winning anything in that scenario.

Default Re: Boston Celtics - Indiana Pacers

Trading for Rondo means no Stephenson.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post: