Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nets gonna blow it up at the deadline?

Lightbulb Nets gonna blow it up at the deadline?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...rs-At-Deadline

^ If there were some way we could acquire KG for like Mahinmi and Solomon Hill, while some other teams sends them a 1st rounder? I'd be interested. KG off the bench at backup center with Scola? Would be lethal. KG expires at season's end too (contract). And he is very familiar with the Heat in playoff competition. Another wiley vet who can draw fouls, shoot, and defend would be nice. He might even accept a bench role just to get the heck out of Brooklyn and go to a contender.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Nets gonna blow it up at the deadline?

NO. I don't know why people keep trying to trade players. We are fine, we have the best record in the east. They don't need to start shaking up the roster.

4. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO. I don't know why people keep trying to trade players. We are fine, we have the best record in the east. They don't need to start shaking up the roster.
    True...but.....don't you think having KG playing for us where Ian would've would be far more valuable in a series vs. Miami?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Nope I'd rather have Mahinmi and Solo honestly. KG is a jerk, and he's done.

8. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, I loved KG when he was great, but I'd rather have Ian at this point and its not really close. Garnett at best is a worse version of West and Scola, and the Pacers are double down on that.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    True...but.....don't you think having KG playing for us where Ian would've would be far more valuable in a series vs. Miami?
    Absolutely not! Mahinmi's abilities are more important for when we play Miami than any other team in the league, and we aren't talking about a 28 year old KG.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The only Player that I'd consider would be swapping Copeland for Reggie Evans ( this would save the Team about $1.4 mil in 2014-2015 Cap Space )....but I doubt that the Nets would do that. If they have a firesale...it would be to clear out as much 2014-2015 Salary as possible.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Nope I'd rather have Mahinmi and Solo honestly. KG is a jerk, and he's done.
    KG is so done you could find a bum in the NBDL who could give you more. I would rather have Ian than KG and it's not close. He is living on his name at this point. I recently saw all star voting and he's getting more votes than Noah, Drummond, Chandler, Lopez and Josh Smith. It's really nuts that he has any votes.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...rs-At-Deadline

^ If there were some way we could acquire KG for like Mahinmi and Solomon Hill, while some other teams sends them a 1st rounder? I'd be interested. KG off the bench at backup center with Scola? Would be lethal. KG expires at season's end too (contract). And he is very familiar with the Heat in playoff competition. Another wiley vet who can draw fouls, shoot, and defend would be nice. He might even accept a bench role just to get the heck out of Brooklyn and go to a contender.
    Grimp, you really gotta stop.

First off, study the CBA and how the salary cap and trades work. KG make 11.5M this season and 12M next season. Ian and SHill total 5.2M this season and 5.3M next season. It is not possible for us to acquire KG without giving up one of our key players.

Secondly, there is no way in heck I'd ever want to see KG anywhere near one of our players, let alone in our locker room. I don't exactly think he fits in with our philosophy, especially in terms of what our players do out in the community. Culture wise, he would be a step backwards.

A few years ago, assistant coach Vogel asked KG to say a few encouraging words to our rookies when we visited Boston. KG's response? "Eff your rookies!". No, KG would be one of the last players Vogel would welcome to his locker room.

18. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

There is not a single player on the Nets I would trade for any of our end of the bench guys.

They are just awful. Aside from Lopez, obviously. But he can't stay on the court.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Too much

now with that said I don't want KG the only person I would want from Brooklyn is Pierce and that is if Danny doesn't improve and looks like yesterday.

No stay away from all of them, every single one, why is everyone obsessed with making a trade?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    KG at 50 is still a better player than Mahinmi lol at those that think Ian is better than KG, now with that said I don't want KG the only person I would want from Brooklyn is Pierce and that is if Danny doesn't improve and looks like yesterday.
    Is KG better? Maybe, is he that much better? Hell no

His attitude alone would be poison to the chemistry on this team. No thanks.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    KG at 50 is still a better player than Mahinmi lol at those that think Ian is better than KG, now with that said I don't want KG the only person I would want from Brooklyn is Pierce and that is if Danny doesn't improve and looks like yesterday.

Pierce is terrible though. He shoots so slow.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Lol, that crap already blew up!

They gonna try to clean up the mess by the deadline.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

would give em cope and a first for plumlee. steep price but I like plumlees game.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    would give em cope and a first for plumlee. steep price but I like plumlees game.
    Nope. I'm not inclined to give up first round picks. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole the Nets/Knicks find themselves in where every other year they are dealing away first rounders. We dealt this year's away. No more.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Nope. I'm not inclined to give up first round picks. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole the Nets/Knicks find themselves in where every other year they are dealing away first rounders. We dealt this year's away. No more.
    you would not give up a future first for plumlee?? plumlee reminds me of a potential foster type player.

were not drafting in the lottery anytime soon.

They are trying to get rid of their big contracts, the exact contracts the Pacers can't have.

KG is way worse than Mahinmi. KG is awful and gets trash talked by Bargnani. He should just retire. Screw KG. He was a jerk-off and a bad guy for his whole career and he deserves all of this.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most of the NBA is willing to allow KG linger in the mess that is the Nets. KG has built no goodwill (or bridges) in his years in the NBA. It's karma coming to bite KG after all of his years of disrespect. His locker room presence alone would mess with most teams' chemistry, as it has with every stop on Garnett's resume.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to special ed For This Useful Post:

Our offense would be better with 4 guys than 4 guys and Garnett. His offensive win share is -.6. He is one of the biggest detriment to offenses this year. He's a black hole of suck. This is his play catching up to his personality and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    you would not give up a future first for plumlee?? plumlee reminds me of a potential foster type player.

were not drafting in the lottery anytime soon.
    If they're blowing it up then why would they trade Plumlee? They'd keep him, start him and hope for a Celtics-esque performance by whoever is left. The only potentially attainable player I'd be interested in would be Reggie Evans, and even then no thanks.

And I agree w/ cdash, no more giving away 1st round picks. This team was built through the draft and it's the best way to ensure continuity on a relative budget.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    If they're blowing it up then why would they trade Plumlee? They'd keep him, start him and hope for a Celtics-esque performance by whoever is left. The only potentially attainable player I'd be interested in would be Reggie Evans, and even then no thanks.

And I agree w/ cdash, no more giving away 1st round picks. This team was built through the draft and it's the best way to ensure continuity on a relative budget.
    that's all I would want from the nets. the rest is garbage. don't even want deron Williams and his massive contract. if we can get in on a 3 way deal I would take that deal.

is that future 1st going to be a better player than Plumlee??? potentially a very late 1st. I agree,, not gonnna happen,, but just saying that's all I would be interested in.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    +1000

We will likely be in the position where we have to find cheap talent that can be developed into a future Starter or ( more than likely ) a future rotational Player. We won't have the Capspace to go after such talent if we re-sign Lance or whoever.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.