Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: How do we keep Lance?

Banned

Default Re: How do we keep Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not trying to **** on giving people their due or anything, but why does this matter? Why do people care about stuff like this? We are all going to be right about some things, and we are all going to be wrong about some things. I have never understood why we need to call people out for being wrong or right about a prediction.
    Because that is how life is my guy why do we have prediction threads if we can't talk crap after been right? what about the guess the score thread?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Because that is how life is my guy why do we have prediction threads if we can't talk crap after been right? what about the guess the score thread?
    I thought the game score thread was just kind of a fun game. I didn't know people actually bragged about winning it or anything, but I haven't participated in those in a few years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I'm not trying to **** on giving people their due or anything, but why does this matter? Why do people care about stuff like this? We are all going to be right about some things, and we are all going to be wrong about some things. I have never understood why we need to call people out for being wrong or right about a prediction.
    I've never understood why someone would complain about a poster praising another poster's wisdom on a player. But go ahead.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I've never understood why someone would complain about a poster praising another poster's wisdom on a player. But go ahead.
    Yeah, the response was poorly timed and worded. That wasn't my intention. My issue is mainly when people beat their own drum.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I vividly recall McKeyFan calling it during Lance's first summer league. I had often agreed with him on things, but I was sitting on the other side of the table on Lance at the time.

I did not think Lance could guard either PG's or SG's and I didn't think he'd be able to develop a good shot. Well, I was dead wrong. Next time I disagree with McKeyFan I think I'll think twice.

Anyway, here's all I have to say to McKeyfan and Lance himself:

Felt uncomfortable thanking that. I'll just say, your opinions are curious and fascinating, sir.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

As long as we're going down this road, I must bow down to 90's. He made this post in the very first Lance Stephenson thread:

I can put into words how thrilled I am by Bird and Companys draft. They acknowledged they need elite talent and came out like Albert Pujols swinging!!

I will go on record now as saying this might end up being the best draft the Pacers have ever had

I realize a whole lot is left to prove, but it was sooooo much fun watching the draft with anticipation, only for freaking espn to cut when our second pick was up

Then the ticker said Lance Stephenson!! I am little biased having lived in Brooklyn from 1989-2004 (now I feel old), but everytime I saw this guy he screamed all-star

As for being cocky, outside of Tim Duncan, what great players aren't?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Felt uncomfortable thanking that. I'll just say, your opinions are curious and fascinating, sir.
    Yes, just having a little fun at my own expense. It was all in jest. I think we both know who the real King is and I'm not talking about King James.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

BornReady made this comment in the same original Stephenson thread. (And with the name "BornReady" he must have been early on the bandwagon )

I don't think that'd be very efficient and I sure as hell hope Indy doesn't try to turn him into a pg.

What impresses me most about this guy is his drive to win. He even wanted to become a lawyer to win arguments! lol! This to me really shows his persistence and stubbornness in winning, even if it means getting a little emotional. I'm totally down.

All we need to do is help him develop his athleticism, potential, drive to win, and decision making into a more cohesive unit and we have an all-star!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Impossible Is Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Great find.

Looks like that board is just like PD. You either love him or hate him.

The thing is, it will only take one GM to be on the "love him" side to drive his price way up.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be ironic if like the Colts with Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne, if everyone targets Lance in FA and overvalues him and we resign Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Great find.

Looks like that board is just like PD. You either love him or hate him.

The thing is, it will only take one GM to be on the "love him" side to drive his price way up.
    Difference is I don't see anyone on PD bringing up the girlfriend thing from three years ago. Which is why they're way bigger dummies than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    Difference is I don't see anyone on PD bringing up the girlfriend thing from three years ago. Which is why they're way bigger dummies than we are.
    If he played for the Heat, we would absolutely bring up the girlfriend thing from three years ago, and probably use the same, "he doesn't fit in our culture" arguments that I saw the Bulls fans use.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we make predictions based upon a framework. a whole set of ideas about how we're doing , and what our needs are.

I know when one of my predictions turns out bad I re-access it. If I remember a post where a guy make a confidant prediction that goes good or bad I think it's well in good play to bring it up for discussion.

I wish they we're more like: "What Has DWest brought to our team that you surprises you?"

Instead of:
    "I'm sure you are wrong once again. 'Cause you we're the dumbazz that said gettin' West wouldn't mean squat!

So it's a lot about your intention. the first sounds like a respectful inquiry into another's thoughts. The second you are...someone I'd choose to rewrite your comment and respond as if you we're more thoughtful. But many here would take offense and call you a troll... and pretty much derail what ever conversation was going on for about six pages.
    Last edited by solid; 01-08-2014 at 12:32 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think that most Teams would price his market value between $6 to 8 mil a year cuz he's playing at that level now....a Starting Quality Combo Guard that can handle the ball and score. But I guarantee you that some Team will make an overpaid offer to Lance with some Contract STARTING at $9 mil...if not up to $10 mil a year.....which means that dumping Copeland is the only option that we really have.

BTW...IMHO....many of you may think that it is easy to simply to dump Copeland for an expiring Contract.....but I don't think it is as easy as many of you say it is. Trading Copeland, OJ and a 2nd is the best option that we have and AT MOST what I hope to get it done.
    Thank you. Seems a lot of folks on here think we can find a lot of teams interested in Copeland. Who, besides us even made him an offer last year when he was playing well in the playoffs? LB managed to move GGreen by throwing in an young big man. We don't really have any pieces to add for an expiring contract. IMHO, Bird and Co. did a great job rebuilding the bench last year, but the payback is going to be scrambling to keep the core of this team together. Grangers money goes to PG next season, can we still use the MLE to resign Danny if he is willing? Best I can tell, we are about $10 million under LT before we sign Lance and/or Danny and still have to add a couple of players or pay the fine for being under manned ?
    Last edited by Cousy47; 01-08-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    Maybe there needs to be a well-timed rumor by TMZ or the like of another "girlfriend incident" shortly after the draft...