Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

  1. #26

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance, over the last 7 games, has been playing Paul George level basketball. Just in a different way. He's that talented. He might be more talented than Paul. I know, blasphemy but he has my head spinning as he keeps getting better.
    No, it can be argued. The game comes easier to Lance than it does Paul and Lance has a better understanding of the game IMO than Paul does. I doubt Lance will ever surpass Paul's overall level of play, but there's no question the two compliment each other very well.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm interested to hear what Hoosier thinks about the Heat having to go to overtime at home to beat the Hawks.

    If that happened to the Pacers, he wouldn't consider us a playoff team.
    I've addressed this multiple times already. The Heat have won two straight titles and routinely take it easy during the regular season. They get the benefit of the doubt because of their postseason success.

    The Pacers don't have the track record yet to get a pass especially since they have specifically stated they want the #1 seed.

  4. #28
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've addressed this multiple times already. The Heat have won two straight titles and routinely take it easy during the regular season. They get the benefit of the doubt because of their postseason success.

    The Pacers don't have the track record yet to get a pass especially since they have specifically stated they want the #1 seed.
    Sounds reasonable. Hey, have you addressed the question of why you don't post in the game thread unless the team is playing poorly?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds reasonable. Hey, have you addressed the question of why you don't post in the game thread unless the team is playing poorly?
    That is only a recent phenomenon. I have posted in many game threads in which the Pacers were winning this season.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 12-24-2013 at 12:19 AM.

  7. #30

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds reasonable. Hey, have you addressed the question of why you don't post in the game thread unless the team is playing poorly?
    Isn't it true of most people however that if things are going well, we have less to say, and we tend to speak up more when things are going poorly?

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,258

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Mini Magic...

    One improvement Lance has made is that he's upping his level of play on the road. He'd already upped it at home. He needs to maintain a level of consistency on the road. It doesn't have to be 'this' good like tonight though...

    His energy is infectious. Not just to the team but to the fans too. And when you have a player that likes passing the ball like he does and making plays, that is also infectious.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  11. #32

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    I hate Paul Pierce that is all

    (oh yes great win)

    Sucks that we have to wait till Saturday to see them play again.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  13. #33

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Just going over the Nets roster, I realized that I strongly dislike most of their players. Screw Plumlee, screw Pierce, screw Garnett, screw Deron Williams, screw Andray Blatche, and the biggest middle finger to their drunk-driving, wife-beating head coach. If they were relevant I would probably hate that team, but since they are nothing I can't really care about them.

    Every game like this I grow more and more arrogant with the Pacers. It's getting to the point where other NBA teams outside of Miami, OKC, San Antonio, and Portland are hard to watch because they are just so much worse at basketball than the Pacers.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  15. #34
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,008

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    I liked and respected the Celtic versions of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett (though I'm sure I would have quickly learned to hate them if the Pacers had ever matched up against them in the playoffs over the last couple years), but watching them right now in Brooklyn uniforms is just pathetic.

    KG's career unofficially ended when freaking Andrea Bargnani was serving him up with trash talk a couple of weeks ago. That spoke volumes about KG's current place on the totem pole. No one respects that clown anymore and his whole intense act is just a sad parody of itself at this point. If his career were a dog, then he's at the stage where he's a 16 year old with cataracts that's going to the bathroom uncontrollably in the house. It's time to put KG's career out of its misery.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-24-2013 at 12:51 AM.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  17. #35
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,909

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    The poster in question does the same thing on the Colts forum as well, it's pretty annoying.

  18. #36
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Paul Pierce's first scoreless game since 1999.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  20. #37

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked and respected the Celtic versions of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett (though I'm sure I would have quickly learned to hate them if the Pacers had ever matched up against them in the playoffs), but watching them right now in Brooklyn uniforms is just pathetic.

    KG's career unofficially ended when freaking Andrea Bargnani was serving him up with trash talk a couple of weeks ago. That spoke volumes about KG's current place on the totem pole. No one respects that clown anymore and his whole intense act is just a sad parody of itself at this point. If his career were a dog, then he's at the stage where he's a 16 year old with cataracts that's going to the bathroom uncontrollably in the house. It's time to put KG's career out of its misery.

    I never liked KG to begin with or Pierce for that matter but I agree those two are done and should just accept it. Even a crippled Kobe right now appears more effective than they've been in the few games he played this season.

    Of course when it comes to Pierce a large part of my annoyance with him is his incessant need to throw his chewed gum at fans here.

  21. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul Pierce's first scoreless game since 1999.
    Scoreless or clueless?

  22. #39

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    sure is fun having a great team to follow again. they have come so very far from the days of running stretch 4 for 48 minutes.
    no murphy/posey ball to leave me feeling sick and depressed!
    instead, we have a well-balanced squad that can hurt you from multiple angles and the defense is routinely great and often suffocating.

  23. #40

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Lance keeps impressing me. There's just no way we can let him go.
    On the Lance bandwagon

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  25. #41
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to a few threads before the season and you may find a few posts I made about Stephenson having more potential than Paul George.

    I am sticking to that.
    And my offseason idea was to trade Lance since he is a hot commodity and could land you a top 5 pick, giving you talent back (hopefully) and a badly needed salary break. The reasoning is that you couldn't get near the same value for an old, returning from injury Danny as you could for an up and coming talent, not that I hated Lance's game or anything.

    But even in that thinking it's still a disaster now as he's blown past anything you could reasonably expect from a top 5 pick (ie, you can get better but the odds are against it). We saw Danny and Paul show dramatic improvements, but somehow Lance has outdone both of them. It's very enjoyable to see him finding a real NBA game to sprinkle his street game onto. Just two years ago he wasn't a strong shooter and had very little rhyme or reason to the spectacle he tried to put on most nights. Now, even with the flash and shimmies, he's making brilliant basketball choices. That's the part that should be emphasized because that had been how he used to waste his talent - poor choices.

    This isn't just Lance getting older, this maturity takes work and a good environment. I've heard others say it as well as myself, you couldn't just put Lance on any NBA team 2 years ago and get this kinda game out of him. This is an ideal situation for him, tailored to his needs when it comes to real growth.



    So 4 games now Ian has looked like the "holy smokes, he could almost start instead of Roy" version that we kept seeing glimpses of but never really saw for a full game. It's not just his hands. His blocks and rebounds have been those of a guy really locking into an awareness of his role and the flow of the game. Dare I say that the Detroit game was Ian's "PG24 in GSW" game? He and Roy really got a reality check vs Monroe and Drummand and you'd almost think he took it really personal.



    The interior passing is through the roof. I've noticed them starting to really work off West cutting to the FT line for backdoor passes (like against post fronting and QB pointed out a game or two ago) and even when guys haven't been ready you are seeing the attempt to make that one final passing step that leads to dynasty kinda offense. I told Trader Joe that to me it's a thing that will look sloppy for a bit, but by March/April it will be a huge strength.


    Transitions!!! After a decade or more of watching transitions being blown, this roster is starting to really work a multi-player transition pretty well. Even last year and some of this year they tended to just have one guy drive it the entire length on a break. But lately they've been getting more adventurous with transition passes. The Watson-Lance combo was especially nice.



    Overall this team doesn't look like a team trying to figure out their identity or how to play. They look like a team that knows what they can do on a simplistic level and is now really interested in pushing itself farther in terms of true team interaction. It so reminds me of the kind of ball you'd see out of the 80's Lakers/Celts/Bad Boys and to a lesser extent Jordan's Bulls (they leaned on him more than those other 3 teams leaned on one star).



    The Pacers should just use a clown car to introduce the team because it's like dangerous players just keep popping out endlessly. The number of guys that can really hurt you, and at either end, is incredible.

  26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  27. #42
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Also it sucked to see Granger not yet ready to handle a back to back. Not that we should expect it, just that it sucked watching the game that probably had to happen for Danny as part of his recovery. At least he gets some days to recover and now he's put that first back to back behind him. Once he's up to speed and you have a serious threat from Paul, Lance and Danny, how do you stop it? Any one of them can clearly light up the board in a hurry and that doesn't even address the risk of Hill, West, Scola and Hibbert to score.

    They could very well be dialed in by the time they see Miami again, and those last 2 games could really change the Vegas odds drastically.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  29. #43
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,881
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Not sure if anyone was watching the Brooklyn broadcast, but it was really sad. Blowing out the Rockets and the Celtics was fun because those are two teams on the way up and we just killed them. But this was a funeral without any eulogies. There was a point in the broadcast where they "interviewed" Joe Johnson about Brook's season ending injury. The color guy described it as "Joe getting punched in the stomach after every question". I wasn't even mad at the Pierce flagrant-2, almost kind of expected it. Right now, the Nets look like what New York City streets smell like. Kind of a bummer to be honest.

    Ian Report: What Seth said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So 4 games now Ian has looked like the "holy smokes, he could almost start instead of Roy" version that we kept seeing glimpses of but never really saw for a full game. It's not just his hands. His blocks and rebounds have been those of a guy really locking into an awareness of his role and the flow of the game. Dare I say that the Detroit game was Ian's "PG24 in GSW" game? He and Roy really got a reality check vs Monroe and Drummand and you'd almost think he took it really personal.
    Ian actually outplayed Hibbert today, though Roy had some foul trouble and looked a little slow in the first half on his post-ups. It got better in the second half with some nice spins; no idea how KG got to the free throw line. Mahinmi looked like he was leading the garbage time unit on offense and defense, a big step up for him on the road. Some of his nice plays came off disinterested Nets sadness, but he did his thing. B+

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  31. #44
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If his career were a dog, then he's at the stage where he's a 16 year old with cataracts that's going to the bathroom uncontrollably in the house. It's time to put KG's career out of its misery.
    OK, this is a good analogy, but I just read that somewhere else (or here) a few days ago. Did you say that in another thread recently or steal that from someone else?

  32. #45
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul Pierce's first scoreless game since 1999.
    The Pacers have a habit of doing that to the former Boston Celtic Geriatric 3. Pierce with a scoreless game....the Pacers regularly do that to Ray Allen. Next goal...make KG scoreless .
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  34. #46
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,156

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So 4 games now Ian has looked like the "holy smokes, he could almost start instead of Roy" version that we kept seeing glimpses of but never really saw for a full game. It's not just his hands. His blocks and rebounds have been those of a guy really locking into an awareness of his role and the flow of the game. Dare I say that the Detroit game was Ian's "PG24 in GSW" game? He and Roy really got a reality check vs Monroe and Drummand and you'd almost think he took it really personal.
    He is truly playing well in the past 4 games. He had 4 steals tonight and exhibited some very nice hands.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  35. #47
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,156

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if anyone was watching the Brooklyn broadcast, but it was really sad. Blowing out the Rockets and the Celtics was fun because those are two teams on the way up and we just killed them. But this was a funeral without any eulogies. There was a point in the broadcast where they "interviewed" Joe Johnson about Brook's season ending injury. The color guy described it as "Joe getting punched in the stomach after every question". I wasn't even mad at the Pierce flagrant-2, almost kind of expected it. Right now, the Nets look like what New York City streets smell like. Kind of a bummer to be honest.
    I was watching their broadcast and you are right. It was sad. The Joe Johnson interview was sad as well. Their luck has been awful this year. It's true that their FO made some wrong choices but this has been a bit unfair.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  37. #48
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it true of most people however that if things are going well, we have less to say, and we tend to speak up more when things are going poorly?
    I don't know if it's true for "most people." It's not true for me. It's certainly true for some people on the forum, but I don't see them as the majority.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  39. #49

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if it's true for "most people." It's not true for me. It's certainly true for some people on the forum, but I don't see them as the majority.
    Hyperbole.

  40. #50
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Pacers/old Brooklyn postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just going over the Nets roster, I realized that I strongly dislike most of their players. Screw Plumlee, screw Pierce, screw Garnett, screw Deron Williams, screw Andray Blatche, and the biggest middle finger to their drunk-driving, wife-beating head coach.
    I agree on the rest, but what's wrong with Plumlee?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •