Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Romo Out for Season (Back)

Default Re: Tony Romo Out for Season (Back)

If it's actually a herniated disc and the Cowboys docs let him play I'll have immense disdain for them. To put it extremely lightly.

I don't think he's really going to play they're just trying to throw the Eagles off track

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if Romo seriously is considering playing, Ian Rapoport on NFL network reported that Romo will try to play Sunday. Obviously if thats true the doctors had to have told him there is a chance he could play. I don't know a lot about herniated discs, but either thats not the injury, or its not a severe one if he is trying to play
    Its a stretch, but some people rumored that the Cowboys leaked the injury (and maybe exaggerated a bit) to ESPN. That way if Romo plays bad hes a gutsy guy for giving it a go and if he pulls out a win hes a hero.

I highly doubt that I mean they signed a 41 year old Jon Kitna here why would they bother going through all that if this wasn't serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I highly doubt that I mean they signed a 41 year old Jon Kitna here why would they bother going through all that if this wasn't serious.
    Because this is a winner take all game and if there's a chance Romo won't be ready, or a chance he could be hampered by it enough that he needs to be pulled after trying to give it a go, or a that it could be OK to start the game but a risk of aggravation and not able to finish then they'd be foolish to not have a backup plan in place in a game this important.

And Kitna is the disaster QB I assume so it's not like they are all in on this signing.

Its a stretch, but some people rumored that the Cowboys leaked the injury (and maybe exaggerated a bit) to ESPN. That way if Romo plays bad hes a gutsy guy for giving it a go and if he pulls out a win hes a hero.
    I'd put it more as a bit of gamemanship to confuse the Eagles than for Romo's rep... Unless Romo did the leaking in the first place.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hes not playing.

I'm sure this is what NBC had in mind when they decided to have this game

Kyle Orton vs Nick Foles for NFC East Supremacy.

To think if they had the Bears/Packers it would've been Aaron Rodgers return on national stage....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I'm sure this is what NBC had in mind when they decided to have this game

Kyle Orton vs Nick Foles for NFC East Supremacy.

To think if they had the Bears/Packers it would've been Aaron Rodgers return on national stage....
    I think they flexed into this game so they knew the Foles part.

------

Also, we can safely say that Orton will not have the worst numbers put up by a Purdue QB this week.
    [Painter :-( ]

I know but the Orton part was what they weren't hoping for.

I know but the Orton part was what they weren't hoping for.
    He put on a pretty good Romo impression, though, huh?

Feel horrible for the guy.

He's not nearly as interesting to watch as Romo.

Orton did well for someone who hasn't really played in two years.

As strange as it sounds had he not lost his job to Tebow the Broncos wouldn't have gotten Manning and we wouldn't have had Luck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As strange as it sounds had he not lost his job to Tebow the Broncos wouldn't have gotten Manning and we wouldn't have had Luck.
    Explain.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Explain.......

If the Broncos kept Orton as the starter they probably wouldn't have won the division that year thus spared Tebowmania

I also think Manning wouldn't have considered them if they didn't win the division when he was released by the Colts.

Luck would probably be here regardless now that I think about it but I don't think Manning would've gone to Denver.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 12-30-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Broncos kept Orton as the starter they probably wouldn't have won the division that year thus spared Tebowmania

I also think Manning wouldn't have considered them if they didn't win the division when he was released by the Colts.

Luck would probably be here regardless now that I think about it but I don't think Manning would've gone to Denver.
    I think that Manning chose Denver because of the bond with Elway and the fact that the Broncos are generally a stable well-owned organization. I don't think he really cared how they finished the previous season. I mean, he chose Denver over the Niners when the Niners were a hair away from the Super Bowl the prior season. Peyton knows that he can turn any team into an automatic division winner. He's just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I think that Manning chose Denver because of the bond with Elway and the fact that the Broncos are generally a stable well-owned organization. I don't think he really cared how they finished the previous season. I mean, he chose Denver over the Niners when the Niners were a hair away from the Super Bowl the prior season. Peyton knows that he can turn any team into an automatic division winner. He's just that good.

The Niners are in the NFC though same conference as his brother he was never really going to go there.