Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romo Out for Season (Back)

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Tony Romo Out for Season (Back)

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ss-rest-season

Well I guess he can't throw away another season finale.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tony Romo Out for Season (Back)

Damn, that sucks. I've always liked his talent and I really feel that he was going to come through on Sunday. Sucks that he won't get that opportunity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well this weekend just got boring.

this is why they paid orton the big bucks. hey kyle, you haven't played in two years, now go win the division in a winner-take-all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

UNLEASH THE NECKBEARD!

I am considering putting down money on Orton and the Cowboys winning. He's started before, nearly threw for 4,000 yards one year, I feel like they are gonna win

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UNLEASH THE NECKBEARD!
    I just said yesterday the Eagles should bring Koy Detmer back. Battle of the neckbearda for the NFC East.

Kyle Orton actually plays well against the Eagles I'm actually considering changing my pick now.

This might be a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Kyle Orton actually plays well against the Eagles I'm actually considering changing my pick now.

This might be a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys.
    He hasn't played a game in nearly 2 years...

Kyle Orton looks like Dave Grohl...
    I now return you back to your thread...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    He hasn't played a game in nearly 2 years...
    Neither did Peyton Manning last season the NFL is really unpredictable.

You just never know. It would be hilarious if the Cowboys end up beating the Eagles.

I do think with Orton they'll be more likely to run the ball which is something they should have done against the Packers.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Too bad for Romo, I actually have a lot of respect for him. He toughed out a pretty awesome performance, and back issues are the worst, I know.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Neither did Peyton Manning last season the NFL is really unpredictable.

You just never know. It would be hilarious if the Cowboys end up beating the Eagles.

I do think with Orton they'll be more likely to run the ball which is something they should have done against the Packers.
    cause Kyle Orton = Peyton Manning.

The Cowboys were likely to be underdogs with Romo.

Mood

Nick Foles and McCoy are gonna dominate the cowboys.

cause Kyle Orton = Peyton Manning.

The Cowboys were likely to be underdogs with Romo.

Of course not but just because you haven't played in a couple years doesn't mean he's forgotten how to throw a football. He probably has gotten reps in he played briefly during the season opener against the Giants when many thought Romo was hurt then.

getting reps and having to be the starter week 17 with a playoff spot on the line are two very different things. as much as I love to bash Romo, in no way does Orton starting give them an edge or increase their chances at winning. If that were the case, Orton would have been starting this entire time.

It's Kyle Orton. The guy who got benched for Time Tebow. And Rex Grossman.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I'm a little surprised he would go from finishing the game (he did finish it didn't he?) to being automatically out for the weeked. Back injuries are weird and can linger, cannot respond to treatment, etc. or respond remarkably well and clear quickly. I'd think he'd be on treatments all week and they'd make a gametime decision. Obviously, they would make contingency plans in any case.

With a back problem he could be sore all week and wake up Sunday fine. Unless there's something drastic that requires surgery. But there again, surgery is typically not the first line of treatment and other things are tried first.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN has jumped the gun a bit...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Interesting that the Cowboys are still denying these reports. What would be the point of denying them if they were 100% true? I suppose you could say that they are trying to throw the Eagles off, but the Eagles will already be prepared for all scenarios. When Rodgers was injured, the Packers said pretty quickly that he would be out for a while, right?

“All I’m saying is he has back spasms, symptoms that we’re treating as we go along in the week to see if he will play,’’ Jones said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. “There is nothing structurally that will rule him out if he feels good and is cleared to play. Nothing.’’

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eared-to-play/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Just dallas trying to throw philly off. I don't think Schefter would be on SportsCenter saying it's a herniated disc and he needs surgery if he wasn't 100% on it.

He was able to keep playing on Sunday because they didn't realize the severity of the injury most likely. And yeah if he feels good enough he could play, but it would be a gigantic risk in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Interesting that the Cowboys are still denying these reports. What would be the point of denying them if they were 100% true? I suppose you could say that they are trying to throw the Eagles off, but the Eagles will already be prepared for all scenarios. When Rodgers was injured, the Packers said pretty quickly that he would be out for a while, right?

“All I’m saying is he has back spasms, symptoms that we’re treating as we go along in the week to see if he will play,’’ Jones said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. “There is nothing structurally that will rule him out if he feels good and is cleared to play. Nothing.’’

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eared-to-play/
    I bet there is probably a slim slim, and when I say slim, I mean slim chance Romo could suit up Sunday or in the playoffs so they won't rule him out completely

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Just dallas trying to throw philly off. I don't think Schefter would be on SportsCenter saying it's a herniated disc and he needs surgery if he wasn't 100% on it.

He was able to keep playing on Sunday because they didn't realize the severity of the injury most likely. And yeah if he feels good enough he could play, but it would be a gigantic risk in doing so.
    Pretty much. Dallas has a playoff spot on the line, no reason not to try and get any advantage you can. But Romo's not playing.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Slipped or herniated discs are no joke. I've struggled with back issues and it can literally stop you from moving, period. Extremely debilitating, I could tell he was in terrible pain and I'm absolutely shocked he carried on and made the plays that he did. Throwing a football requires a million parts in your back. You would never know until you damage your spinal column, that's when you feel *everything*.
    Movements just halt, your body locks.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm a little surprised he would go from finishing the game (he did finish it didn't he?) to being automatically out for the weeked. Back injuries are weird and can linger, cannot respond to treatment, etc. or respond remarkably well and clear quickly. I'd think he'd be on treatments all week and they'd make a gametime decision. Obviously, they would make contingency plans in any case.

With a back problem he could be sore all week and wake up Sunday fine. Unless there's something drastic that requires surgery. But there again, surgery is typically not the first line of treatment and other things are tried first.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN has jumped the gun a bit...

Yes he finished it he threw the GW TD and that's what caused it.. dude has the worst luck.

Mood

I think the best thing for Romo would be finding another team that has QB shortage and play there if they can get a good offensive line that can protect him. I respect his passion for the game and that he has played well through injuries and he is just tough as nails, but if it is a major disc issue I would have him on the IR and if it needs surgery get it done right away so he will be ready by training camp.

I wonder if Romo seriously is considering playing, Ian Rapoport on NFL network reported that Romo will try to play Sunday. Obviously if thats true the doctors had to have told him there is a chance he could play. I don't know a lot about herniated discs, but either thats not the injury, or its not a severe one if he is trying to play