Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you imagine what he would do if the clock was ticking down on a game in which the Pacers were going to eliminate the Heat? I think he would start doing cartwheels in front of the Heat bench. He might even moon the entire team.

Lance helps give the Pacers personality. That's good for the NBA with a Pacers-Heat series looming in May.
    And the great thing is that I can envision him doing this for real when we beat them in south beach... To the empty full of empty seats because their fake fans have gone to their other evening engagements...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    No, but didn't the nba put a stop to the mark Jackson shimmy?
    That was Larry Bird that asked Mark to stop.

And for the record, I totally would not be shocked to see someone punch Lance this year...... and I'm hoping for it to be against the Heat in the ECF.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

If players get fined for the big balls celebration, Lance is probably going to get fined.
    @qandrews9428

When we beat the Heat in Game 6 in Miami to finish the series, Lance will start dancing and won't stop until tip off of the first game of the Finals.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont have a problem with Lance forcing things a bit at the end because chances are if this was a close game, he would have gotten those numbers more within the flow of the game with the starters.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Ok ok good point. Maybe tainted is not the correct word. But I was embarrassed to the point where I did not want him to get the triple double. I kind of wanted him pulled before he got it

Has lance gotten a triple double in a close game yet?
    He hasn't gotten a triple double in a close game yet because we have blown out our opponents in every game that he got (or approached) a triple double.

His easiest triple-double was the first one against Memphis. He just needed an assist to get it and he got it with 10:55 remaining in the 4th quarter.

He had to get 5 assists and at least 2 rebounds in the 4th quarter to get it in the first Celtics game but Vogel played the starters a lot in the starters game since it was a 9 point game to start the 3rd.

I understand what get on your nerves, though. When Lance is in triple-double mode he makes passing his outmost priority. He looks to get his 10 assists and 10 boards first and then he goes on to score. But the thing is that Lance tends to score within the flow off the game. So, when he only wants to get 2-3 points in order to get the triple-double, he starts playing outside of his comfort zone a bit. That's when it seems that he is forcing it.

Do you want to know what was Lance's best game this season for me? It was the Bobcats game. 20 points on 9/14 shooting, 11 boards, 7 assists and 2 steals in a 5 point win. That was an awesome game for him. He played within the flow of the game and dominated all game long. He was absolutely fantastic and we wouldn't have won this game without him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Lance must play lots of First Person Shooters. He can teabag with the best of them. Lol. Love Lance.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

I don't have a problem with Lance's celebrations. It's pretty common now. Lebron dancing on the sidelines, Matthews 3 googles, Westbrook's "guns", JR Smith doing JR Smith stuff, Curry shimmies, etc. As long as Lance backs up his antics in big games, he can put on a dress and dance to Footloose for all I care.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

i'd prefer lance turn it down. while i find it a bit annoying and unnecessary, i am more worried it will backfire on him in the form of a nasty cheapshot in the future like what pittman did in the playoffs a few years back.
    that psycho maneuver pittman did could have killed him.
    if he wants to do that after the game- ii wouldn't mind so much but, that stuff can get him in trouble.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

So much fun going to the fieldhouse these days. I've watched Boston several times this year and they always make it close and have had some nice wins. Pacers just trashed them tonight.
    So nice to watch these guys pass the ball to each other and cheer for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    i'd prefer lance turn it down. while i find it a bit annoying and unnecessary, i am more worried it will backfire on him in the form of a nasty cheapshot in the future like what pittman did in the playoffs a few years back.
    that psycho maneuver pittman did could have killed him.
    if he wants to do that after the game- ii wouldn't mind so much but, that stuff can get him in trouble.
    I think that this would bring about said retaliation much quicker if he is doing this after the fact... However, you all forgot that DWest has got Lance's back...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I am reading a Celtics board now and I just saw this tweet:

@AlexKennedyNBA
    Before tonight's game, every member of the Boston Celtics found a wrapped XBOX One in front of their locker, courtesy of Courtney Lee.
    That's a really cool thing by Courtney Lee. Good for him.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Here is another very nice quote by a Celtics fan:

This is a cat playing with the mouse game and unfortunately the Celtics are the mouse.
    They are using the same analogy as some people here do

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

No, but didn't the nba put a stop to the mark Jackson shimmy?
    No, Bird did.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Re: Lance talk here, without quoting a million people...Denari alluded to this on the broadcast, and I agree -- he gives you that edge that other players won't. That's good and bad, and that's not to discount the physical edge West gives, or the tone-setting defensive edge Hibbert brings, etc. It's a different, necessary breed, though. It's basically the IDGAF edge, if we're being honest. And I really do want my team to have it. It's going to backfire some nights, sure, and it will be embarrassing sometimes. But most of the time, it's born out of this mentality Lance brings to the team of "you can't stop me".

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    I think that this would bring about said retaliation much quicker if he is doing this after the fact... However, you all forgot that DWest has got Lance's back...
    the thing is though regardless of who has his back, if he gets hurt from a cheapshot, he is still hurt and who knows for how long?
    throw in the fact that if we have some of our guys retaliate, that will equal suspensions as well as an injured lance.
    ultimately, i wish he wouldn't do it because i think the potential for things to turn ugly for us is too big a risk in my book.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

So for Christmas, I'm gonna need a George Hill jersey, Lance Stephenson jersey, Paul George jersey, David West jersey, and a Roy Hibbert jersey. (I already have Danny Granger)
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

My thout is that it is not possible to take the "Lance" out of Lance. The best Vogel/Bird can do is let Lance know that any posing that transpires that delays his getting back on defense might be met with a quick trip to the bench.

One of the biggest problems I have with today's game is posing. Someone gets a breakaway non-contested dunk, and they pose like it's some great accomplishment. Jeesh, I think LeBron poses every time he farts on the court. To me, that crap gets old. Celebrating a good play while hustling to the other end of the court is a display of the pure joy of playing in the game and succeeding at some facet of it.

To me, whether intended to do so or not, posing mocks your opponent. If I were a 10th to 12th man on the bench and somebody mocked one of my team's starters, I'd be begging my coach to put me in for a minute or two. And, I'd get things resolved very quickly, take my flagrant and either go back to the bench or to the locker room. But I would send flowers to the poser's hospital room the next day.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    the thing is though regardless of who has his back, if he gets hurt from a cheapshot, he is still hurt and who knows for how long?
    throw in the fact that if we have some of our guys retaliate, that will equal suspensions as well as an injured lance.
    ultimately, i wish he wouldn't do it because i think the potential for things to turn ugly for us is too big a risk in my book.
    Lance will be just fine. Nobody is going to "cheap shot" Lance and lose tens of thousands of dollars in suspensions. This isn't ice hockey, its basketball. None of these guys want to fight each other.
    David "And One" West

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Lance will be just fine. Nobody is going to "cheap shot" Lance and lose tens of thousands of dollars in suspensions. This isn't ice hockey, its basketball. None of these guys want to fight each other.
    I think that you are under the impression that a cheap shot is easily detected. Some are. For example, the cheap shot in the playoffs on Lance a couple of years ago.

However, one of the simplest cheap shots to execute is stepping into a jump shooter as you are attempting to recover and contest the shot and sliding your foot under him.. This is the one that I've seen LeBron do a number of times. It is rarely called anything more than a common foul or a flagrant 1. The same move is often made under the boards during the course of rebounding. The only difference is the jump shooter lands with the toes and ball of his foot on the defender's foot, more often resulting in injury. Under the boards the rebounder more often lands with his heel on the foot of the player behind him.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I think that you are under the impression that a cheap shot is easily detected. Some are. For example, the cheap shot in the playoffs on Lance a couple of years ago.

However, one of the simplest cheap shots to execute is stepping into a jump shooter as you are attempting to recover and contest the shot and sliding your foot under him.. This is the one that I've seen LeBron do a number of times. It is rarely called anything more than a common foul or a flagrant 1. The same move is often made under the boards during the course of rebounding. The only difference is the jump shooter lands with the toes and ball of his foot on the defender's foot, more often resulting in injury. Under the boards the rebounder more often lands with his heel on the foot of the player behind him.
    I think that's known as a "Bruce Bowen"

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Mood

I really like Lance's game and though I feel he does a little too much celebrating. This is the norm for the NBA. We need his swagger as part of our team. I think it is an integral piece of the team. The way I see it we have these personalities in our line-up. GH- A leader who looks for his teammates but can kill you with his shot making ability. Lance- confidence to the max and runs the floor well along with being proactive in distributing the ball to the player that has the best chance of scoring, PG- Budding superstar that can take over a game on his own and is our clutch shooter when it counts, DW- I see him as the enforcer of the team with a bonus that he can score on about anyone in the league and is the true leader for the whole team and sets the tone and has that nasty side where if you are gonna drive at the rim he will be there to meet you, RH- Our best defender and controls the paint fiercely and as a bonus he can score even though he works hard on the defensive side most centers in the league cannot guard big Roy. I love the line-up that we have and the way they play together as a team with no selfish play.

Dream Big

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post: