Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 148 of 148

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

  1. #126
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,380

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather see Lance and other NBA players celebrate a little then David West and The Lebron James's throwing hissy fits over a bad call. But hey, call me crazy.
    I have no problems with celebrating as it is a game and it is entertaining. It is hell of a lot better to watch that after a big play then see the star players like Lebron or Tim Duncan whine about every call that does not go their way.

    As long as Lance keeps producing I have no problem with him celebrating.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,793

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy looked extremely uncomfortable in that interview. He usually doesn't look at the camera, but he really looked extremely uncomfortable.
    He looked to me like he was battling a cold or something.

  4. #128
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paraphrasing from that article two weeks ago, but that's how I think of lance. He gives no ****s.
    Yeah, I guarantee, what Mark and Slick or any other team's broadcasters, or any fan of this or any other team thinks is the furthest thing from Lance's mind.

    If I had to guess, Lance cares what Vogel thinks, he cares what his teammates think, and he cares what Bird thinks. That's probably about it.

    If you're anyone else, no ****s will be given.
    Last edited by travmil; 12-23-2013 at 11:19 AM.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  6. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,793

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but didn't the nba put a stop to the mark Jackson shimmy?
    I thought it was Bird who told him to knock it off.

  7. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,793

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you imagine what he would do if the clock was ticking down on a game in which the Pacers were going to eliminate the Heat? I think he would start doing cartwheels in front of the Heat bench. He might even moon the entire team.
    Yes, I can see it now. Only a couple seconds remaining. The Pacers tie the game on a three-pointer by Lance. In celebration, he moons the Heat bench. James sinks the ensuing free throw to win it for the Heat. Bird heads back to his office and starts cleaning his shotgun.

  8. #131
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I can see it now. Only a couple seconds remaining. The Pacers tie the game on a three-pointer by Lance. In celebration, he moons the Heat bench. James sinks the ensuing free throw to win it for the Heat. Bird heads back to his office and starts cleaning his shotgun.
    Yeah except that's not the situation he described...other than that you nailed it.

  9. #132
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,470

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22



    This gif is my new spirit animal. I hump in your general direction.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  11. #133
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Love Lance's game, his little behind the back pass on pick and rolls is a thing of beauty. The more he and Granger play together, the bench unit can only get better. Went to the game last night, wanted to buy a Lance jersey and they were sold out and have apparently been sold out since Friday! Lance is clearly one of the more popular players...like it or not. He's easily the most entertaining Pacer player since Reggie so enjoy the show!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:


  13. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22


  14. #135
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    29
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I envy you local guys. This team and the place they play in is special.
    Very well said. I have a great life up here in Fort Wayne. In fact, the only thing I lack is my own jet to make it to every game... I still make it to around 2 a year (was at the Charlotte game with my wife and family a couple weeks ago).

    As much as I love my home, I will always be a huge BnG fan. My heart for sports will always reside at 125 S. Pennsylvania St.

  15. #136
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,394

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Very happy to hear about the result and the performance. I have only access to the internet through my phone so I couldn't see the game but let's hope we will have a repeat of the same tonight in Brooklyn.

  16. #137

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    I'm fine with Lance's antics when it comes to him yelling as he runs back on defense, or stomping around, or giving that little glare around the court, or going crazy with his teammates.

    Just cut out the air hump.

    It was funny for one time, but it's still disrespectful more than it is celebratory to me. Cutting that out wouldn't kill any of his swagger or infectious mentality, as long as he gets to do everything else. It's not so much a leash on Lance's behavior as it is just saying "Alright, it was funny and we're happy for your triple double, but save that move for the after-party."

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawne#4 For This Useful Post:


  18. #138
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    vnzla81 with the most appropriate embedded video reference ever? I think so.

  19. #139
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,449

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    I wonder if any player has had multiple trip-dubs and not make the All Star team.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  20. #140
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if any player has had multiple trip-dubs and not make the All Star team.
    This isn't exactly what you're looking for but Jason Kidd led the league with 4 triple doubles as a rookie. He didn't get voted into the ASG but all 4 of his came AFTER the all star break. So technically, yes it has happened. I'm sure someone else can dig up another example.

  21. #141

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Hilarious that Pacers celebrating is an issue, god forbid they have some fun while playing their asses off. Lock em up in a cage those animals how dare they dance

  22. #142
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if any player has had multiple trip-dubs and not make the All Star team.
    Honest question: Are we overrating the triple double a bit around here? I mean, yeah it looks cool in the stat sheet and only a handful of guys in the league have the all around game to actually put up a triple double, but what does it really mean? And not to take anything away from Lance, but his haven't exactly been dominant performances I believe in two of them he has basically had to force feed it late in the game to pick up the 12-10-10 or whatever the exact stats were. It's neat, and something to brag about, but I highly doubt the coaches will look at the triple double stats in selecting the ASG representatives.

    In regards to Lance making the ASG, it's really a shame that Wade will get voted in by the fans. He sits out every third game or so and is only really vintage Wade about a quarter of the time he is actually on the court. I'm not saying Lance deserves to get in over Wade, but I think Wade's automatic inclusion plus the Irving/Wall types will make the backcourt very crowded in the East.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #143
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honest question: Are we overrating the triple double a bit around here? I mean, yeah it looks cool in the stat sheet and only a handful of guys in the league have the all around game to actually put up a triple double, but what does it really mean? And not to take anything away from Lance, but his haven't exactly been dominant performances I believe in two of them he has basically had to force feed it late in the game to pick up the 12-10-10 or whatever the exact stats were. It's neat, and something to brag about, but I highly doubt the coaches will look at the triple double stats in selecting the ASG representatives.

    In regards to Lance making the ASG, it's really a shame that Wade will get voted in by the fans. He sits out every third game or so and is only really vintage Wade about a quarter of the time he is actually on the court. I'm not saying Lance deserves to get in over Wade, but I think Wade's automatic inclusion plus the Irving/Wall types will make the backcourt very crowded in the East.
    Overvalued? I don't think so. How many times a season do they really happen? I'm guessing that in the absence of a player in the league who is an aboslute machine like Kidd was in his prime, you're only gonna see around 40 of them in a season. That's out of 1230 games. 3% of the time. I would bet that I'm being very generous with that number. I would be really surprised if the average number of total triple doubles going back the previous 15 seasons was anywhere near 40. So you're still talking about something that is pretty rare. There are only 12 so far in the league this year and Lance has 3 of them.
    Last edited by travmil; 12-23-2013 at 04:03 PM.

  25. #144
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    498
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's really a shame that Wade will get voted in by the fans. He sits out every third game or so and is only really vintage Wade about a quarter of the time he is actually on the court.
    And this is part of the reason I could give a flying %&$@ about ASG. If you're like me, and see guys that are top vote-getters, yet, haven't played a single minute, or get injured the 2nd week, and get voted into this game....or see great young players who were having careers years get passed over for has-beens because they used to be perennial shoe-ins in their youth, you tend to get tired of all the bull$(!*.

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  27. #145
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,543

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And this is part of the reason I could give a flying %&$@ about ASG. If you're like me, and see guys that are top vote-getters, yet, haven't played a single minute, or get injured the 2nd week, and get voted into this game....or see great young players who were having careers years get passed over for has-beens because they used to be perennial shoe-ins in their youth, you tend to get tired of all the bull$(!*.
    And exactly why I don't put much credit to how many all-star games someone actually gets chosen for when comparing players on all-time lists. Popularity doesn't not necessarily mean better.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  29. #146
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Celtics fans have no right to complain about Lance. Garnett is one of the biggest a-holes to ever grace the NBA floor and Antoine Walker never met a celebration he didn't love.

    I'm on the fence with Lance's antics, don't have a huge problem with them, but just as soon he toned it down just a little sometimes.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  31. #147
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,779

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtics fans have no right to complain about Lance. Garnett is one of the biggest a-holes to ever grace the NBA floor and Antoine Walker never met a celebration he didn't love.

    I'm on the fence with Lance's antics, don't have a huge problem with them, but just as soon he toned it down just a little sometimes.
    Don't forget Paul Pierce's "injury" in the finals. Also ring chasing Ray Allen. The Celtics were such blowhards.....
    David "And One" West

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  33. #148

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance will be just fine. Nobody is going to "cheap shot" Lance and lose tens of thousands of dollars in suspensions. This isn't ice hockey, its basketball. None of these guys want to fight each other.
    i disagree.
    here is a hypothetical situation:
    lets say lance torches wade in the middle of game 4 or whenever in the ecf's and does some showboating.
    i see no reason why someone like roger mason jr. couldn't be told by wade to go out there and get some payback for him. besides, even if mason jr. does get hit with a big fine, what could stop wade from reimbursing him?
    have you forgotten when lance did the choke sign when lbj missed the free throws?
    that really happened and there WAS retaliation from miami's scrub pittman. what i am saying is that do believe the antics could get him and the team in trouble. he needs to realize he has become a valuable member of the team now and either getting hurt from a cheap shot or getting into a fight/scuffle because the other guy didn't like getting both embarrassed and then mocked either decides to retaliate or have one of bench guys do his dirty work.
    when the playoffs roll around and if we face miami, i don't doubt for a minute that they would be willing to lose someone off the bench like him for lance.

    stuff like that can make/break a series.
    and considering these last 2 playoffs with them have gotten more chippy as we have gotten better, i think they will have players willing to go out there and take one for the team. they know very well we are a HUGE threat to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •