Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 12/22

I don't mind how Lance celebrates, I mean it's basketball- the pinnacle of show-off sports. Lance broke his ankles and drained a jumper, hell yeah he can do a shimmy shake.

I was watching the league pass feed from the Boston commentators (I hate LP's constant technical difficulties!) and PJ Carlesimo, who is a Pacer lover, was ticked off at how Vogel kept Lance in the game for so long just to get the triple double. He predicted that the Boston players will remember that and at some point will give him a hard foul in the future. Seems to be too much respect between the coaches and players for that but I agree with the sentiment.

Lance's triple double is kind of empty because it didn't happen in the flow of the game. He was playing against the Boston bench and was chucking everything trying to get that last point. It's just not pure to me. But I can see Vogel's point of view in keeping Lance in because he is a very encouraging coach and really tries to focus on the accomplishments of his players and hopefully this will help Lance's confidence in the future because he definitely has the ability.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sopgy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance didnt get a true chance at it happening in the flow of the game because the game was such a blowout.

I hope Lance gets a triple double against Boston in every game this season. That would be hilarious.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Not sure how I feel about the air-hump thing...but aside from that what a game.

I'm telling you his vision combined with his passing ability generated so many good looks within the second unit, and then making unselfish passes and plays got contagious with the entire team. Very fun to watch
    On the Lance bandwagon

I hate the idea that any team would need to resort to a hard foul because they were upset someone took their lunch money. You know what an even tougher showing/solution is? Play defense. Don't let it happen.

(Also, I can't see Brad Stevens tolerating that. But I can see him watching tape of both early meetings between these teams 600 times and finding some way to schematically make Lance look foolish instead.)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Lance forced his triple double too much. Certainly not as much as the other game where he had to be pulled.

How many cocky, showboating NBA players have we seen? A lot.

How many NBA players have we seen miss significant time because of a cheap shot? Not very many that I can remember.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Lance forced his triple double too much. Certainly not as much as the other game where he had to be pulled.
    He forced the points at the end, but the rebounds and assists came naturally through the game for the most part.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My favorite stat:

PG 28 mins, and most of rest of starters getting less playing time for back-to-back. Paul really needs these games so he doesn't go minutes crazy.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    He forced the points at the end, but the rebounds and assists came naturally through the game for the most part.
    A little, but compared to the other game this was nothing.

Juggernaut.

This is, and can be, a very special season. It's really as simple as that.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some quotes from postgame that I like:

“I’ve known Danny Granger a long time. He’s been waiting for 10 years to be on a team like this. He’s going to play the right way.” – Frank Vogel

"It felt good. I was so tired I wanted to come out and I told Coach to get me out if I missed that one. I’m just happy I got the shot, made it and I’m happy we got the win." -- Lance.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    The spin move is what put Lee on skates. That was a unbelievable combination. There are less than 25 guys in the league who could do that with such pace.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    He wouldn't be Born Ready if it weren't for the antics. At least he's consistent. It's not like he only does it against lesser team like the Celtics. He enjoys taunting the Heat too. His teammates get a kick out of it, and he's been a huge reason for the team winning so many games this year. I have no problem with it and personally think it's hilarious. You take the antics away and you're simply left with Lance Stephenson instead of Born Ready.

Can you imagine what he would do if the clock was ticking down on a game in which the Pacers were going to eliminate the Heat? I think he would start doing cartwheels in front of the Heat bench. He might even moon the entire team.

Lance helps give the Pacers personality. That's good for the NBA with a Pacers-Heat series looming in May.
    Like grantland said

Lance Stephenson is born for this ****.

Lance is from Brooklyn.
    Lance called out Lebron for being a ****ing bum and he'd do it again becuase **** Lebron.

Paraphrasing from that article two weeks ago, but that's how I think of lance. He gives no ****s.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    If you don't want to have Lance Stephenson airhump over your head you shouldn't be on the ground.

I laughed out loud! thanks .

25. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Like grantland said

Lance Stephenson is born for this ****.

Lance is from Brooklyn.
    Lance called out Lebron for being a ****ing bum and he'd do it again becuase **** Lebron.

Paraphrasing from that article two weeks ago, but that's how I think of lance. He gives no ****s.
    Funny thing is Jeff Green would be a good player if he had that same attitude and aggressiveness, Lance has. I have never been a fan of Green's game looks like he is going through the motions 80% of the time. His comments are so typical of Jeff Green the player.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

In Michael pointer's article on indystar.com. He indicated that Vogel was not thrilled with some of lance's celebrations. I feel the same way

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I'd rather see Lance and other NBA players celebrate a little then David West and The Lebron James's throwing hissy fits over a bad call. But hey, call me crazy.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 12-23-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I hope Lance gets a triple double against Boston in every game this season. That would be hilarious.
    Their TV crew would be on life support by the end...

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hated the show boating. Of course I am a Tim Duncan fan so there is that. I hate the flexing from PG. I hate ok-3 sign that players do.

Buy if they back it up.... Let the little boys dance and twirl. When I played I didn't talk or show boat. But that was me. I would rather let our boys play the way they are then force them otherwise and get a different player.

Please don't take this a racism. But they look liked puppies playing with a grass hopper in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    But they look liked puppies playing with a grass hopper in the yard.
    Because the Celtics are green?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    In Michael pointer's article on indystar.com. He indicated that Vogel was not thrilled with some of lance's celebrations. I feel the same way
    Sorry to disagree, but as far as I'm concerned, Lance can do whatever he
    wants so long as he's not getting Tee'ed-up for it. I absolutely love the
    swagger, and it's about time we got a guy in here that can bring it like
    that.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    amen to that. i don't like that kind of behaviour on other teams, don't like it on my team neither. it does nothing other than making you look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    amen to that. i don't like that kind of behaviour on other teams, don't like it on my team neither. it does nothing other than making you look bad.
    Normally I would agree completely but after the national media has painted the Pacers as a bunch of loud mouth talkers I guess you might as well make it true.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Have not been to a game in years so while visiting this year for the holidays decided to take the family. It was a great experience. My 8-year old was in complete awe with the arena and overall atmosphere.

A few observations from the game. Assuming everyone stays healthy Lance, Danny & Scola are going to be one potent second unit on offense. All of those guys know how to to play, where to be and can execute. It was fun to watch.

I hate to agree too much with Simmons but after watching PG in person he really does have a rare glide and smoothness to his game. If he continues to improve his shooting the sky is the limit.

I agree with some that Lance forced the scoring piece of the triple double too much and the "I'm so exhausted" dramatics after hitting the last shot were a little much. Having said that I love his overall game and boundless energy. Definately expect him to continue maturing and eventually things like this will take on more of a "been there done that" "this is what I expect of myself" kind of sensibility.

Loved Roy's game tonight. Just rock solid.

My kid loves David West so it would have been great to see a bigger game from him. Even so we had tons of fun to saying "He's a baaaaaad man" (like they do in intro's)every time West touched the ball.

I envy you local guys. This team and the place they play in is special.

41. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked