Thread: A Blue & Gold Christmas: Another contest for a Danny Granger game-used jersey trading card

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default A Blue & Gold Christmas: Another contest for a Danny Granger game-used jersey trading card

Hello all, I hope everyone is having a great holiday season and is enjoying the strong start to the NBA season by our Indiana Pacers! As some of you may remember, I ran a few contests several months ago for some trading cards such as game-used jerseys and autographs. I figured I'd have another contest since it is the season of giving and I have been extremely blessed this year, just like all other years. This contest is for a Danny Granger game-used jersey trading card and a few other Pacers cards, as shown in the scan below.

To enter, simply create a post within this thread and describe something that you have enjoyed so far of this current Pacers' season. It can be about a player, a particular play or game, or maybe an experience you have had while watching a game at home or at The Fieldhouse. U.S. residents only this time please. I'll choose a winner sometime during Tuesday afternoon. I appreciate any and all contest entries and hopefully this one will go over as well as the other ones I have had. Thanks and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

-Christian

Last edited by ChristianDudley; 12-22-2013 at 08:49 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Default Re: A Blue & Gold Christmas: Another contest for a Danny Granger game-used jersey trading card

Thanks for doing this first of all.

I think my favorite thing about the season isn't even basketball related. I love the way the guys get along, and show support in the city. I love seeing them all support each other, I loved the story about all the guys surprising Ian on his birthday. I like the team hosting a thanksgiving for those less fortunate. The story of Lance just buying a girl some boots when her mom couldn't afford them was very nice for someone who makes pocket change compared to most other NBA stars. David always does thanksgiving, and he also surprised some school kids to rewards their good grades. They've done toy drives, visited veterans, and taken kids on shopping sprees at the mall.

This is just a great team to support and root for for all the genuine acts of kindness they perform, from top to bottom of the roster. All of that is what I have enjoyed the most, but to top it all off they have been kicking *** on the court too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Default Re: A Blue & Gold Christmas: Another contest for a Danny Granger game-used jersey trading card

Thanks for another awesome giveaway, Christian!

A favorite memory so far this season? There are already so many vivid ones.

Honestly, for me, the best memory I have of this year so far isn't of any one particular play or game. We've had so many great highlights and signature wins already.

The one thing though that just continually makes me smile and love this team more and more by the day are the constant little things that they do on the court, on the bench and off the court that showcase their togetherness and team-first mentality. Watching these Pacers, you KNOW that they have each others' backs on and off the court and that they genuinely feel like a family, and not just in a cliche'd way.

I've been a Pacers fan my entire life. But not since watching Reggie and the Davis Boys and Mark Jackson have I ever felt that the players on the team had so much invested in their unity AND their basketball goals.

These guys are easy to root for. But that fact alone makes it even easier!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Thanks again, Christian

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The best thing I've seen from a Pacer game so far this season was during the Houston game. The entire team seemed fired up and legitimately excited for Danny's return. Once he checked into the game and blocked Dwight, the bench went into a complete frenzy! The entire team was doing everything they could to get Danny a few looks at the basket, but unfortunately he couldn't convert.

But when Danny hit his first three of the season, you would have thought he had just scored his 40th point with the way his teammates exploded. (Lance bout had a heart attack) It was genuine happiness and excitement from a team that has shown they don't need Danny much at all in order to be successful. It was sort of akin to that walk-on senior hitting a shot in a blowout game.

As everyone else has suggested, the camaraderie and togetherness of this team is certainly special. It's easy to appreciate and love this team after the selfishness we saw from the Pacer teams of the early 2000's.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I won the game worn jersey card last year, so I will bow out of this year's contest.

However, my favorite thing about this season is two parts: 1) The upgraded bench and 2) seeing Danny return to an upgraded bench. Nothing has made me more proud then the way our fans have treated Danny in his return. If you think this guy is not appreciated around here, you watched a different couple games than I did. The Danny! Danny! Danny! chants have gave me goosebumps, and my only regret is that I wasn't at the games to join in. I will proudly say I have joined in from my living room couch. Also, seeing Danny and Scola check in at the same time is just insane for a bench. INDY...ANA! INDY...ANA! INDY...ANA!

Honorable mention: Our crowd. The energy they have brought to these games this year has been great. The crowd noise and chants have came through very well in broadcasts this year, something that didn't happen even last year. Some thought it was microphone placement in our stadium, but it is obvious the crowds are larger and more active.
    Last edited by HickeyS2000; 12-23-2013 at 11:46 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

Cheers to you for running this contest sir!

my favorite thing about this season is being in g2 zone for the first time and being able to go to all the games with my brother. we have so much fun at every game and that houston game was just insane. BLF was rocking from tip to the final buzzer and granger coming back was a moment i wont soon forget!

Pg's double clutch reverse jam was icing on that blowout cake...and how fitting that danny scored the 33rd point of that game and pacers won by 33. This is the pacers year!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ReggiesUncle For This Useful Post:

I drew names out of a hat from all entries and the winner is ECKrueger. Sorry for the delay, but please PM me your address and I'll have your prize sent ASAP. Thank you to all participants, Merry Christmas, and GO PACERS!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I drew names out of a hat from all entries and the winner is ECKrueger. Sorry for the delay, but please PM me your address and I'll have your prize sent ASAP. Thank you to all participants, Merry Christmas, and GO PACERS!!!
    Just wanted to say I got the cards, and I appreciate it!

Even got a Barac card Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

I'm glad you got them. Thanks again for participating!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post: