Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers-Rockets Postgame: Pacers win by #33

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers-Rockets Postgame: Pacers win by #33

Watching Paul defend Harden brought to mind two things....but first lets be clear....Harden is really good...but i was immediately reminded of Phil Jackson putting Scottie Pippen on Mark Jackson....and....

Superman and kryptonite....Paul George is definitely James Harden's kryptonite....Every once in a while you get one of those matchups where one guy just totally has the other guys number....and thats exactly what that looked like tonite....Paul George looked like he knew what James Harden wanted to do before James did...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching Paul defend Harden brought to mind two things....but first lets be clear....Harden is really good...but i was immediately reminded of Phil Jackson putting Scottie Pippen on Mark Jackson....and....

Superman and kryptonite....Paul George is definitely James Harden's kryptonite....Every once in a while you get one of those matchups where one guy just totally has the other guys number....and thats exactly what that looked like tonite....Paul George looked like he knew what James Harden wanted to do before James did...
    They mentioned during the game that last year....Harden's 2 season low scoring came at the hands of the Pacers....I presume due to PG24 defending him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Funny that they have to pay all that to Lin and Asik lol if I'm a western conference owner I let them eat it.
    It's not too bad of a deal for the Rockets, because they have the 2 cheap years of Lin/Asik to offset the balloon payment on the third year. Effectively, for the Rockets the cost is just 3 years/$25m for each player, with a slightly weird payment schedule.

For a team trading for Asik though, they've already lost out on the first cheap year. For example, anyone trading for Asik last offseason would have to pay him $20m for 2 years of service - so $10m/year, which probably still isn't bad for an elite interior defender. The longer that the Rockets take to trade him though, the more his effective cost per year increases, and the less likely IMO that they could get a good return. They should have traded him as soon as they signed Howard, probably.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another opponent held to a season low in points!
    Also held them to under 40% shooting. (38% I think)
    Last edited by solid; 12-21-2013 at 07:53 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    I think it's safe to say Lance isn't going to be winning any league wide popularity contests anytime soon. :P
    Do you mean with players? Because he just might with the fans.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Maybe after tonite they would take Ian, Copeland and OJ for Asik could even throw in a 2nd rounder or 2 if they really insisted

Problem with that is, Houston aready has the maximum 15 players on their roster.

Good God, I don't think I've ever encountered an NBA player who is as legitimately funny as Lance. I cannot get enough of him. His highlights against the Rockets:

-makes a tough running layup in the lane then sprints back on defense just so he can do the shoulder shimmy dance.
    -goes up genuinely thinking he's gonna throw down a one handed jam and posterize Dwight Howard.
    -followed by Lance messing with Dwight to the point that Dwight smacks the jump ball out of bounds, then Lance doing whatever that face was
    -the classic Lance getting slightly bumped and falling like he's just severed his cervical vertebrae.
    -the fifteen foot alley oop to a guy coming off a knee injury who hasn't played consistent NBA minutes for a year and a half.

The other thing I absolutely love about Lance is that he's already really good but in his own mind he's twice as good as that.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree that it's entertaining, but it's only a matter of time before someone puts Lance in his place. Not that I want to see it happen, but he's not going to get away with his **** forever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haha
    Yup he's a hoot!
    I love that weird azz look he dropped on Dwight.

I love it that he's a gym rat.
    I think he'll continue to work on his game and improve.

If he ever catches up to his self image we'll have a monster!
    lol He's already quite a creature.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Good God, I don't think I've ever encountered an NBA player who is as legitimately funny as Lance. I cannot get enough of him. His highlights against the Rockets:

-makes a tough running layup in the lane then sprints back on defense just so he can do the shoulder shimmy dance.
    -goes up genuinely thinking he's gonna throw down a one handed jam and posterize Dwight Howard.
    -followed by Lance messing with Dwight to the point that Dwight smacks the jump ball out of bounds, then Lance doing whatever that face was
    -the classic Lance getting slightly bumped and falling like he's just severed his cervical vertebrae.
    -the fifteen foot alley oop to a guy coming off a knee injury who hasn't played consistent NBA minutes for a year and a half.

The other thing I absolutely love about Lance is that he's already really good but in his own mind he's twice as good as that.
    I don't like a lot of those things about Lance. He's entertaining but I just wish he'd play a little more under control. The hot dog passes that cost us a possession are what I like the least. There was nothing entertaining about that bad pass to Danny. It surprised me that he only ended with 4 turn overs in the box score, it seemed like more to me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a win. That's what great teams do after a rough couple of games. They bulldoze a good team.

PG is so much better than Harden, it's not even funny.

Howard just always seems to have great games against Hibbs.

West has looked really spry lately. I know that he only scored 12 points, but you can just tell he's moving really well out there lately. I love his passing as of late too. He's just such a complete player.

Scola is just a gem. 13 points in just 16 minutes. The guy is just automatic. Even more impressive is his 6 rebounds. This guy plays very hard out there and always gives max effort. He really appreciates the opportunity he has to play on a great team like the Pacers and is clearly making the most of it. Just an excellent team player who gives us a phenomenal advantage over what we had last year.

Lol, just a classic Lance game. A couple of "wtf?!" moments, but overall a damn good performance which was a huge reason we won. He scored, rebounded, passed, and defended.....i.e he just did Lance things. That one move in the second half was Magic-ish. I'm glad he keeps shooting three's too because he's pretty good at it. It was hilarious watching him talk smack to Dwight Howard before that jump ball. I'm pretty sure that he baited Howard into jumping so hard for the jump ball that he hit it out of bounds since he wanted to show up Lance. Lance has to be one of the most hated opponents in the NBA and I love it. This guy just gets under people's skin, but he has done a great job of never crossing the line. He's just such a huge asset for this team and is by far one of the main reasons that we have had such a successful season.

Great to see George Hill get aggressive, toss some dimes, and make some threes.

It was nice to see Granger get a well deserved standing ovation. He obviously had some rust, but overall I thought he moved pretty well out there. I was impressed with his passing and ball movement. He had some nice passes to Mahinmi, who managed to have another solid game. It's so much better to have him in the rotation than Hill or Juice.

Just a great win. Looked like a great crowd too. Great teams take care of business like we did last night.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I agree that it's entertaining, but it's only a matter of time before someone puts Lance in his place. Not that I want to see it happen, but he's not going to get away with his **** forever.
    I'm seriously concerned somebody will take a swing at him...and he will retaliate. Most players are just going to brush him off. But the right circumstances will probably come up. Didn't things begin to get chippy with Tony Allen? Games where Lance is playing well are the most dangerous. He got a triple double in that game with the Grizzlies.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I'm seriously concerned somebody will take a swing at him...and he will retaliate.
    Lance would take the hit and make his free throws. He's done it before.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

The hot dog stuff is great when we are winning even when it fails. But it kills you in losses.

I'm certain if Lance was punched he would fall to the floor, feign paralysis and have to be carried off the floor on a stretcher only to stop at the last second, slowly rise and walk to the free throw line and go one for two then go on playing like nothing happened.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Lance would take the hit and make his free throws. He's done it before.
    I hope that continues. Lance is awesome to watch...dare I say my favorite Pacer...but I just can't say I trust him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    The hot dog stuff is great when we are winning even when it fails. But it kills you in losses.
    This is true, but it makes the losses entertaining at least. Do I think he will mature out of that? Unfortunately, no. I think that's part of his personality...his core. I just hope he knows well enough that in big games he needs to contain it.

I you know whats pretty entertaing to me. Winning. Give me basic passes that get the W over hot dog stuff that contributes to a L any day.

Mood

I like hot dog stuff that gets me a W... Things just don't seem to work out that way too often.

Probably the first game all season where the Pacers played well all 4 quarters. This is what we can expect when the finally put everything together. Scary good. Just hope they can do this on a consistent basis.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Lance must be practicing his FTs cause he's been making them the past few games. Really great to see.

Now really free Lance!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If I was on the floor and I saw that face I would bust out laughing.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    If I was on the floor and I saw that face I would bust out laughing.
    Major overbite.

Now really free Lance!

Biggest thing I noticed about Danny's presence compared to OJ, Solo, or Rasual? Houston made sure they knew where he was at all times (well as best as Houston can do that), really helped our spacing. Scola is just going to be in heaven the rest of this season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's doing his best Chris Bosh impression.