Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

  1. #1
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,785

    Default Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    https://twitter.com/PTI

    PTI@PTI19 Dec
    On final Pacers attempt...
    MW: "LeBron James fouled him. That's a foul."
    TK: "Paul George is a whiner. He thinks he's a superstar."


    Did anyone catch this nonsense?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Yep. The sad thing is, Tony Kornheiser influences how people think too.... and he doesn't even watch games.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    We're gonna have to grow some thicker skin. This is part of being an elite team.

  4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #4

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're gonna have to grow some thicker skin. This is part of being an elite team.
    Kornheiser is a hack though....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    He may be more correct than we want to believe. Paul has done more whining to the refs lately.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,476

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He may be more correct than we want to believe. Paul has done more whining to the refs lately.
    IDK. Not nearly as much as LeBron. Whether a player whines or not has little to do with whether they are a superstar.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  11. #7

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He may be more correct than we want to believe. Paul has done more whining to the refs lately.
    watch any superstar play, they are all like that. Also "he thinks he's a superstar?". Well Tony, he IS a superstar

  12. #8

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    If anything whining is a sign that you are a superstar...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  13. #9
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,720
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    He's just a butthurt mediot who's mad the Pacers are taking the championship to a small market.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Tony kornheiser doesn't even stay awake late enough to watch Pacers games.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. The sad thing is, Tony Kornheiser influences how people think too....
    And what does it say about someone if they can be influenced by a hack like Kornheiser ??

    I wouldn't care what those people would think.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  19. #12

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He may be more correct than we want to believe. Paul has done more whining to the refs lately.

    Everyone does though. NBA refs suck, period. The worst part is....when they make mistakes, I never feel they are just "honest" mistakes. Unlike the NFL, where I feel if the refs screw up it's just an honest "my bad" 8 times out of 10.

  20. #13
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,162
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone does though. NBA refs suck, period. The worst part is....when they make mistakes, I never feel they are just "honest" mistakes. Unlike the NFL, where I feel if the refs screw up it's just an honest "my bad" 8 times out of 10.
    Honest mistakes in the NFL like reviewing a 4th down play for minutes, on a call that was ruled down at the 1 yard line, with no evidence to turn the call, but then doing so anyway? There's bad eggs in every sport. Overall I feel the refs do the best job they can, just that homecourt can influence some calls or individual players like LeBron, Durant, Dwight, even Roy Hibbert change the game, the verticality rule really has complicated things, and Roy gets a ton of respect with that rule.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  22. #14

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone does though. NBA refs suck, period. The worst part is....when they make mistakes, I never feel they are just "honest" mistakes. Unlike the NFL, where I feel if the refs screw up it's just an honest "my bad" 8 times out of 10.
    Watch how any basketball game at the "amateur" level is reffed. NCAA, non Division 1, NAIA, high school, biddy ball (what up college beer money job), whatever. I've got problems with NBA refs the same as anyone else but it is absolutely, 100%, UNQUESTIONABLE, that the NBA has the best basketball referees in America.

    I don't want to rant on this so I'll try and keep it short, but go try and ref any game that has any sort of structure. If you honestly want to do it I guarantee there's any number of leagues in your area that you can walk in and ref a game that weekend. I can't speak for hockey, but of the other 3 of the big 4 basketball is bar none the hardest sport to ref. Seriously try it, get an appreciation for how damn hard it is.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,742

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watch how any basketball game at the "amateur" level is reffed. NCAA, non Division 1, NAIA, high school, biddy ball (what up college beer money job), whatever. I've got problems with NBA refs the same as anyone else but it is absolutely, 100%, UNQUESTIONABLE, that the NBA has the best basketball referees in America.

    I don't want to rant on this so I'll try and keep it short, but go try and ref any game that has any sort of structure. If you honestly want to do it I guarantee there's any number of leagues in your area that you can walk in and ref a game that weekend. I can't speak for hockey, but of the other 3 of the big 4 basketball is bar none the hardest sport to ref. Seriously try it, get an appreciation for how damn hard it is.
    As someone who watches a fair amount of college basketball, I always find myself yearning for the NBA refs. They aren't perfect, but they call basketball much, MUCH better than NCAA refs.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    My concerns are with 3 NBA refs on the floor compared to 2 at all other levels, the NBA refs should not miss many calls but they do. WHY....
    Last edited by Alabama-Redneck; 12-21-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: I'm old
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama-Redneck For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,742

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama-Redneck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My concerns are with 3 NBA refs on the floor compared to 2 at all other levels, the NBA refs should not miss many calls but they do. WHY....
    1) They're human.
    2) Calls are very subjective.
    3) They might hesitate a little more to blow a whistle because there are two other refs on the floor who might have had a better angle.

  29. #18
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1)
    3) They might hesitate a little more to blow a whistle because there are two other refs on the floor who might have had a better angle.
    This is the one I disagree with. The first 2, yes I totally agree but the reason they went to 3 refs is to get a better view. Call what you think you see and if the other refs disagree, then change the call but do not make it a non-call and hope someone else will call it.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

  30. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    watch any superstar play, they are all like that. Also "he thinks he's a superstar?". Well Tony, he IS a superstar
    Here is why I would disagree. Paul is an "All-Star", but he has not been at that level long enough, nor accomplished enough to be called a "Superstar".

    It is fine if we have different definitions of the status. I'm just making clear what my definition is.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  32. #20

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama-Redneck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the one I disagree with. The first 2, yes I totally agree but the reason they went to 3 refs is to get a better view. Call what you think you see and if the other refs disagree, then change the call but do not make it a non-call and hope someone else will call it.
    No way. You don't ever blow a whistle because you THINK you saw something and then say hey guys let's huddle up and figure it out and waste more time. Every single call a ref makes need to be a 100% correct call in their mind. If it's not you do not blow the whistle. Mistakes will and obviously do happen, but again, go try and call a game. I called BIDDY BALL, elementary school kids, and that was stressful as hell. You absolutely NEVER blow a whistle to "figure it out" or "get it right." That completely undermines the entire point of a referee.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  34. #21
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way. hey guys let's huddle up and figure it out and waste more time. You don't ever blow a whistle because you THINK you saw something and then say Every single call a ref makes need to be a 100% correct call in their mind. If it's not you do not blow the whistle. Mistakes will and obviously do happen, but again, go try and call a game. I called BIDDY BALL, elementary school kids, and that was stressful as hell. You absolutely NEVER blow a whistle to "figure it out" or "get it right." That completely undermines the entire point of a referee.

    That, my friend, is not what I said. I too have called games in 2 sports at the HS level although it was 40+ years ago. What I said was "call what you think you see and IF the other refs disagree , then change the call" . I didn't say anything about "figure it out" or "get it right". I said call what you think you see.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

  35. #22

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    I understand the refs are human. But that still doesn't explain how they miss some things. Such as Lebron stepping out of bounds against us.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand the refs are human. But that still doesn't explain how they miss some things. Such as Lebron stepping out of bounds against us.
    His knee is blocking the view? Is that so outrageous?
    @qandrews9428

  38. #24

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand the refs are human. But that still doesn't explain how they miss some things. Such as Lebron stepping out of bounds against us.
    Actually, that could be an example of how he is human. Also, how do we know he didn't call that out of bounds? I am, however, not a blatant referee supporter as most may know.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  39. #25
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,581

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tony Kornheiser disrespects Paul George

    Tony Kornheiser is an entertaining idiot whose opinion I don't really respect. What are the odds that he's watched a single Pacers game this season?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •