Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anyone find PTI video for 12/19?

Default Re: Can anyone find PTI video for 12/19?

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're fans. We're in it for fun. Our definition SHOULD be different.

The question is whether the media's definition of it should be "gone to the finals". I'd think that unless a reporter thinks the conference finals are just luck, that should be "of consequence". Not "of ultimate achievement". Just "of consequence".
    Fair enough. I would say though, that in the miserable East, a rematch of last year's ECF seems pretty inevitable. So the only real comparison is Miami, and if you're comparing us to Miami, I think our accomplishments start becoming relative only to what they have accomplished. I think this is probably where Kornheiser is coming from. His tone was a bit dismissive, and I think regardless of any semantic quibbles over "accomplishment" and "consequence", we've certainly proved ourselves to be a worthy competitor that shouldn't be merely dismissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

RWB

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    All I can say is I'm sure the NBA hopes fans do not take the stance that if their team did not win a championship then the season was of no consequence or utter failure. I really don't care about division titles but the Pacers playing Miami to a game seven last year was consequential. Kornheiser doesn't buy Pacer tickets but we do. There is already proof the attendance is up, the television ratings are up, hell even the stubhub prices are up. Yeah I would have to think taking Miami to game seven has had some influence somewhere. Kornheiser was one of the dips that made fun of the Pacer fan base for not having better attendance figures. The way Kornheiser looks at things he enjoys slamming Indiana any chance he gets.
    And all I'm saying is that an elite strata of 3 or 4 teams that have expectations of winning a championship and we are now among them. Going into last season, I think we all would've taken a good conference finals showing and been happy. Something tells me all of those fans that pack the Fieldhouse now aren't going to be excited to see a Central Division banner raised to the rafters before the first game of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

All I can say is I'm sure the NBA hopes fans do not take the stance that if their team did not win a championship then the season was of no consequence or utter failure. I really don't care about division titles but the Pacers playing Miami to a game seven last year was consequential. Kornheiser doesn't buy Pacer tickets but we do. There is already proof the attendance is up, the television ratings are up, hell even the stubhub prices are up. Yeah I would have to think taking Miami to game seven has had some influence somewhere. Kornheiser was one of the dips that made fun of the Pacer fan base for not having better attendance figures (this was during the silly Cowherd Indiana has racist fans time too). The way Kornheiser looks at things he enjoys slamming Indiana any chance he gets.
    RWB I can even add another notice of consequence....at the game in Miami on wedneday there were bandwagon Indiana fans at the game...these are florida people that are now Pacer fans...now mind you...they didnt know who Danny Granger was...they mistook George Hill for him...They thought Scola was pathetic and why did we ever get him...But they know Paul George and think hes god gift to basketball and just love the Pacers lol...it was pretty hilarious...but they just think Indy is a great story and have come so far so quickly....and of course...they also left the game with 6 minutes to go...lol...Pacer bandwagon fans in Miami...who woulda thunk it

Hell has froze over... Even Bob K wonders what's up with the Ps being cast as braggards.

Bob KravitzVerified account‏@bkravitz
    The media wants players and coaches to speak forthrightly, then casts them as chatty when they answer questions.

Bob Kravitz‏@bkravitz2h
    Pacers locker room is one of my favorites of all time. Not a bad guy in there. All talk and have something to say

Bob Kravitz‏@bkravitz2h
    Where did this Pacers-are-a-chatty-bunch meme come from? They answer questions honestly. They want Miami. What's chatty about that
    Last edited by RWB; 12-20-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

WOW, I've been looking for video from yesterday's Pardon the Interruption. Had a co-worker tell me Tony Kornheiser basically came out on that show and said he hates the Indiana Pacers, thinks Paul George is a whiney @ss and enjoys watching Lebron embarass him. Anyone see this or know where a video of this would be?

P.S. Apparently Kornheiser is also tired of the Pacers being loud mouthed braggards who haven't done anything. Where is this $h!+ coming from the Pacers as a team are blowhards?
    It was really bizarre, Kornheiser really went over the top and looked like a totall d*ck.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

streets ahead

For what it's worth... from Kornheiser's radio show on 12/18 Hour 1 @ 41:11 during the PTI preview with producer Matt Kelliher.

KORNHEISER: What else do we have?

KELLIHER: Well, I think today's the day you'll talk about the Portland Trailblazers.

KORNHEISER: Haven't we done that a lot?

KELLIHER: Well, they're the best team in the NBA.

KORNHEISER: Haven't I heard Wilbon talk about their big three or their big four where two of these people I've never heard of?

KELLIHER: Yeah today's the day... the Legion of Batum.

KORNHEISER: Yeah, I...

KELLIHER: So you're... I take it you're not putting them on the level of the Heat and the Pacers?

KORNHEISER: It's fine. You can put them on any level you want. Just don't tell me that Wesley Matthews is one of the ten best players in the NBA. Don't tell me there's a big three or big four when you compare that to something legitimate like Miami. I mean... I just don't want to hear that cause it's stupid.

KELLIHER: Okay, I'll make a note not to...

KORNHEISER: They're a very good team. Indiana's a very good team; they're a very good team. Tiny little market teams. I root... I hope they do very well. I do. I'm happy.
    This is the darkest timeline.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

RWB