Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone find PTI video for 12/19?

Default Re: Can anyone find PTI video for 12/19?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he is, and Wilbon called him out for it.

Wilbon bothers me more than Kornheiser I mean he's a Chicago sports fan he has no room to talk about bias.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Well now I'm really confused because I thought there was a difference between talking and smack/trash talking. I thought the inference from the media types was the Pacers are talking a lot of trash. Other than Lance I still don't see the trash talking off the court.
    I think most outside of Pacers fans would consider all the talk about the Central Division as being trash talking...certainly if youre looking for something you would...and of course thats what this has a tendency to be about...people looking for things...and when you have our guys talking to the press as much as they are-which is natural considering their success-then it usually wont be too hard to find some things to sensationalize and spin into "trash talking"...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

PG is turning into a whiney ***. I hope that crap stops. Just play the freaking game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

The players can talk all they want as long as they back it up on the court.

Who's probably the biggest talker on the team? Frank Vogel, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Also, Lance's talking just enhances the theatrics. Pretty sure the former best Pacer might have been one of the biggest talkers EVER in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    I think most outside of Pacers fans would consider all the talk about the Central Division as being trash talking...certainly if youre looking for something you would...and of course thats what this has a tendency to be about...people looking for things...and when you have our guys talking to the press as much as they are-which is natural considering their success-then it usually wont be too hard to find some things to sensationalize and spin into "trash talking"...
    Yeah, I think it's more that when the players talk to the media they aren't afraid to admit when it's a big game and stuff like that, they're just more honest. It's not the cliche after cliche stuff pretty much every team does. Lance used to be full of cliches, in interviews that is, but he's opened up a tiny bit. Then the media blows the narrative up and it becomes a "story." It's not really that they talk trash, definitely not in the old school sense, it's that they talk at all pretty much.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I usually sort of like Kornheiser on PTI so this one really baffles me, I don't get it at all, it seems like almost a mission of his to hate the Pacers for whatever reason. If this same team were the Knicks or Wizards, he would be in love with them. He has said a couple times, "What exactly have the Pacers done?" which I say, won the division title, beat the Knicks last season as an underdog technically, and took the Heat to 7 games. I don't know what he wants.

Wilbon has actually been one to call him out on his hate telling him it's all just him really.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think because the Pacers have never won a championship they are only ever supposed to express themselves as humbled and in awe of any team that has won one in the last 50 years. They aren't supposed to express any confidence that they are any good. They should attribute any win to luck and the other team having problems, all while professing an expectation to get their heads handed to them in whatever game is coming up next.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Since when is it a bad thing or an "issue" for a team and its players to be open and honest about its goals? The team wants the no. 1 seed, Roy wants DPOY. They're not guaranteeing anything. When someone puts a mic or recorder in front of them and asks a questions, they simply answer it.

It's hard enough for the guys going up against the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Trail Blazers, etc., but now some people want them to interview in ways that fit their own narratives? Would you rather hear the guys say the goal is to get the no.1 seed for the playoffs, or that it's an 82 game season and they have to take it one game at a time?

Might want to check this out.... MG decides to ***** slap Kornheiser and I like it.

http://www.1070thefan.com/gradyandjoe/podcast.aspx
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I agree PG has got to stop whining. It's the absolute worst.
    @qandrews9428

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    And going along with what you're saying...
    People need to realize what others (outside of Indy or not Pacer fans) may be thinking of us. The Pacers said they were no longer the little bro to Chicago. Then, like a few days later, they comepletely thrashed us. ESPN, CBS sports, NBA, and others were saying we're ranked #1, then we get beat by Portland and smoked by Oklahoma City. Paul George gets MVP consideration, but comes out averaging 6 points in the first half, meanwhile letting his defense slip. I'm not saying who's right...who's wrong...or any of that mess; but, I do acknowledge that, even though we're winning, not every fan looks at our team the same as we do. When I look at other message boards and what-not, I still see people talk alot of yang about our squad. We get some love too, but just as much hate.

And FYI, I don't agree with just any person whom can get on the net and talk smack, but I do read enough messages to know that there are still ALOT of Pacer-haters out there, and most think we run our yaps, whine to the refs, get away with uncalled fouls, and still don't stand a chance against Miami in a playoff series, and even then we couldn't contend with OK, Portland, or San Antonio in a Finals.

Hell, I've got friends and co-workers that love basketball, yet they despise the Pacers for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    Hell, I've got friends and co-workers that love basketball, yet they despise the Pacers for whatever reason
    Need new friends.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Need new friends.
    I tell them that whenever they're around and I want to watch Pacer games, because they choose to pick EVERY LITTLE DETAIL that Indy does wrong and argue with me and whomever other Pacer fan in the room why they won't win a championship. And take a guess at what are some of the top reasons they say we won't be champs.

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    I tell them that whenever they're around and I want to watch Pacer games, because they choose to pick EVERY LITTLE DETAIL that Indy does wrong and argue with me and whomever other Pacer fan in the room why they won't win a championship. And take a guess at what are some of the top reasons they say we won't be champs.
    ask them to put their money on the table if they dont think Pacers end above whatever teamthey support.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    ask them to put their money on the table if they dont think Pacers end above whatever teamthey support.
    THEY WOULD!! At least a few would. They've asked me (and others).
    Last edited by pogi; 12-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.

20-5

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    20-5
    You do realize by the media's new standard you're being pompous, bragging, and according to some still haven't shown anything.

Never listen to someone on ESPN if they are from New York.

Matter of fact, never listen to someone on ESPN period.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I usually sort of like Kornheiser on PTI so this one really baffles me, I don't get it at all, it seems like almost a mission of his to hate the Pacers for whatever reason. If this same team were the Knicks or Wizards, he would be in love with them. He has said a couple times, "What exactly have the Pacers done?" which I say, won the division title, beat the Knicks last season as an underdog technically, and took the Heat to 7 games. I don't know what he wants.
    All of those things have elevated the Pacers to another stratosphere, and the narrative has evolved accordingly. We aren't the plucky, hard-nosed, underdogs anymore. To me, this exchange just illustrates the shift in dialogue surrounding this team. What do you want? Tony Kornheiser to praise the Pacers for winning a division title and beating the Knicks? Taking Miami to seven games? What exactly are we complaining about here? In comparison to the Heat - the standard we are not only held to in the national media, but our own self-admitted measuring stick - we HAVE won nothing.

As fans, we all have a tendency to extend the protective parent mindset to our team at first sight of any negative mention in the media. But I think some of you would be better served to take a step out of the forest and look at the trees here - the gold standard for the Pacers is the two-time defending champion. We're widely considered Miami's biggest obstacle to a three-peat. Let's not get up in arms about someone (rightly) pointing out that we're a chesty bunch and have yet to win a championship. This just comes with the territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    20-5
    Fools gold buddy...fools gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    In comparison to the Heat - the standard we are not only held to in the national media, but our own self-admitted measuring stick - we HAVE won nothing.
    Yes the ultimate goal is to win a championship but for Kornheiser to say pretty much (not just this last PTI episode) that the Pacers have done nothing of consequence is false. Unless he wants to say the same thing about San Antonio last year for not winning it all, or the darling OKC, or let's not make excuses the beloved Chicago Bulls. No... for some reason he has a hard-on for the Pacers. Maybe Donnie Walsh isn't giving Kornheiser or Petey Vecsey any scoops anymore.

Yes the ultimate goal is to win a championship but for Kornheiser to say pretty much (not just this last PTI episode) that the Pacers have done nothing of consequence is false. Unless he wants to say the same thing about San Antonio last year for not winning it all, or the darling OKC, or let's not make excuses the beloved Chicago Bulls. No... for some reason he has a hard-on for the Pacers. Maybe Donnie Walsh isn't giving Kornheiser or Petey Vecsey any scoops anymore.
    People don't say the Spurs have won nothing of consequence bc they've won 3 championships with essentially their current core. I would argue OKC stopped being the darling after the Harden trade, and actually started taking their share of backlash last year. I don't really know how to address the Bulls part, because I'm unaware of anyone making excuses for the Bulls.

I guess it comes down to your definition of "consequence". If your definition of a consequential accomplishment is winning the division and making a conference finals, I would merely suggest that your definition differs from David West and Roy Hibbert's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If your definition of a consequential accomplishment is winning the division and making a conference finals, I would merely suggest that your definition differs from David West and Roy Hibbert's.
    Really weird way to argue a point. Say they haven't won anything, and then acknowledge they won the division. I guess if your definition of accomplishment differs from the NBA's, considering they don't hand out banners for not winning things.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I guess it comes down to your definition of "consequence". If your definition of a consequential accomplishment is winning the division and making a conference finals, I would merely suggest that your definition differs from David West and Roy Hibbert's.
    We're fans. We're in it for fun. Our definition SHOULD be different.

The question is whether the media's definition of it should be "gone to the finals". I'd think that unless a reporter thinks the conference finals are just luck, that should be "of consequence". Not "of ultimate achievement". Just "of consequence".
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

All I can say is I'm sure the NBA hopes fans do not take the stance that if their team did not win a championship then the season was of no consequence or utter failure. I really don't care about division titles but the Pacers playing Miami to a game seven last year was consequential. Kornheiser doesn't buy Pacer tickets but we do. There is already proof the attendance is up, the television ratings are up, hell even the stubhub prices are up. Yeah I would have to think taking Miami to game seven has had some influence somewhere. Kornheiser was one of the dips that made fun of the Pacer fan base for not having better attendance figures (this was during the silly Cowherd Indiana has racist fans time too). The way Kornheiser looks at things he enjoys slamming Indiana any chance he gets.
    Last edited by RWB; 12-20-2013 at 03:28 PM.