Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kobe Bryant Out 6 Weeks (Knee)

Default Re: Kobe Bryant Out 6 Weeks (Knee)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's sad that he's worked so hard to come back and I don't want to see him go out this way. However, I still hate the Lakers and the way they've been able to rob talent from other teams and outspend the Pacers since forever. It won't bother me at all to see the Lakers in Cap hell while paying Kobe his 48 mil over for the remainder of this season and the next 2 while they give away the first round picks that they used to sign Nash. Having said that I still hope Kobe has it in him to make another return.
    How exactly are they able to rob talent? They made good moves I would get it if it were baseball but this is the NBA there's a thing called a salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    How exactly are they able to rob talent? They made good moves I would get it if it were baseball but this is the NBA there's a thing called a salary cap.
    By being willing to operate at a higher payroll, and having players force lopsided sign and trades. I guess you can't blame L.A. for being the desirable destination but they've had an unfair advantage forever because of that. I'd be happy to watch them suck for the next few years. And again, while I wish no harm to Kobe who's worked hard to come back, signing him to that contract was stupid if they want to contend.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

By being willing to operate at a higher payroll, and having players force lopsided sign and trades. I guess you can't blame L.A. for being the desirable destination but they've had an unfair advantage forever because of that. I'd be happy to watch them suck for the next few years. And again, while I wish no harm to Kobe who's worked hard to come back, signing him to that contract was stupid if they want to contend.
    "Force?" Who did the Lakers "force" into a lopsided sign and trade???

"Being willing to operate at a higher payroll?" They still can't sign star players off of other rosters. They can only keep their own.

The Lakers are a signature franchise because they've had great management and they win. The Clippers have been in LA for close to 30 years now and they were the complete opposite until they finally started making good personnel decisions.

Are the Knicks a "desirable destination?" They play in a bigger market than LA. Short of Carmelo Anthony, who have they gotten and what have they won over the last 40 years because of that?

If the Lakers weren't run by Jerry Buss and Jerry West for decades, they would not be a desirable destination for anything. They'd be the Knicks.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-20-2013 at 03:44 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Not a whole lot to do with age. I've seen 22y/os re-tear their knee trying to come back too early.
    Me too man, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    If the Lakers weren't run by Jim Buss and Jerry West for decades, they would not be a desirable destination for anything. They'd be the Knicks.
    Which, if you believe some of the rumors, they aren't now.

Gotta say it's starting to end for Kobe the superstar. He can still be good after 6 weeks, but with his body starting to break down his moves will be limited and I'm not seeing him getting back to his usual self anytime soon.

It's a bit of a sad moment if it ends up like this, a superstar breaking his body down until retirement. But he has already assured himself of a seat in the HoF and the 50 greatest players list.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This reminds me a lot of Derek Jeter. Brutal injury, tries to come back ASAP, but then other parts of the body start falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    "Force?" Who did the Lakers "force" into a lopsided sign and trade???

"Being willing to operate at a higher payroll?" They still can't sign star players off of other rosters. They can only keep their own.

The Lakers are a signature franchise because they've had great management and they win. The Clippers have been in LA for close to 30 years now and they were the complete opposite until they finally started making good personnel decisions.
    I didn't say the Lakers forced anything, I said by having players force lopsided sign and trades. You can not honestly tell me it's been a level playing field for them. They've had it far too easy for too long.

I didn't say the Lakers forced anything, I said by having players force lopsided sign and trades. You can not honestly tell me it's been a level playing field for them. They've had it far too easy for too long.
    Again nobody was forced to do anything now you could say they were lucky and that's true they were but they were also smart.

Big market doesn't always equal success(the Knicks are a good example of that)

For a while the same could be said about the Celtics until Ray Allen and KG went there.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @RotowireATC: http://t.co/eAm93C2tPE: Breaking Down Kobe's Injury: What's a Tibial Plateau Fracture & did the Achilles play a role: http://t.co/VlKYmfxOyo

Good article on Kobe.

This is a good find by vnzla (2nd link). Anyone wanting to know/understand the injury should really read it.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They've deserved all the success they've gotten over the last 35 years.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004