Thread: How many tough road games do we really have left?

Threaded View

Default How many tough road games do we really have left?

One way I like to think about the schedule is to look at how many tough road games are left on the schedule?

I think we all can agree that we just played 5 extremely difficult road games.
    LA Clippers
    Portland
    San Antonio
    OKC
    Miami.

The Pacers are tied for the third best record, but these other teams have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th best records in the NBA. In other words those are to this point in the season the 5 toughest road games any team can play. Well unless you replace the Clips with the Pacers. But those 5 teams are a combined 53-8 at home to this point in the season.

I expect every team listed above except the Clippers to probably win 60 plus games. And the Clippers will probably 58 games or so.

But the best news is we only play one of those teams again on the road and that is the Heat.

So I was looking at the rest of the schedule. Trying to come up with some tough road games.

We do of course have the Heat, but besides that we have
    Houston
    Warriors
    Dallas Mavs
    Denver Nuggets.

I think at worst we will go 2-2 in those games, probably 3-1. Pacers are better than all 4 of those teams. I cannot say the same about the teams we just played. Pacers might be as good as the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Blazers and Clippers. But are they better than any of those teams? Maybe the Clippers, OK, but not the other four.

Unless a couple of the east teams start to play well. Hawks, Pistons, Wizards, seem like the most likely candidates along with maybe the Celitcs if they get Asik and if Rondo comes back.

My main point is the worst of the schedule is over. I think we all knew that, but I hope this post makes it clear.

edit: let me add the Knicks just got Chandler back and the Nets are playing better. Both are pretty talented and have very experienced players, so they could at some point start to play well or maybe not
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-19-2013 at 03:48 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked