View Poll Results: Should Scola get more playing time?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 65.12%
  • No(please explain)

15 34.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question: Why Scola is not getting more minutes?

Default Re: Question: Why Scola is not getting more minutes?

27-6. I think they have a nice formula.
    DG for 3

Love our bench. Granger is getting back to his old self and becoming instant offense off the bench. Scola has been great all season and also provides very good offense (seems like Scola never misses that midrange jumper). Watson, while he isn't a world beater, is very solid and a massive upgrade over Augustin. Mahinmi provides decent defense, which is all we need from him

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm fine with the rotation. Think we're playing West/Scola appropriately. About the only thing I want changed is having them on the court at the same time. I don't really care for it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm fine with the rotation. Think we're playing West/Scola appropriately. About the only thing I want changed is having them on the court at the same time. I don't really care for it.
    Yeah and really, it doesn't happen very often. The only time I have seen it is when Roy and Mahinmi are both in foul trouble. It happens, but I don't think Vogel goes into games thinking he is going to use that frontcourt. Sometimes his hand is forced though.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    What? Lance is averaging 13, 6.5 and 5 while shooting .493% DG is at 8.9, 2.8 and 3.3 while shooting a whooping .359% not even close.

Now lets see your other claim, Dwest is averaging 12.6, 6.6 and 3.2 and his shooting % is at .466%, Scola is at 8.4, 5, .8 and is shooting .518%(second highest on the team?)

Note that I'm not even taking into consideration minutes played (21mpg for DG and 18 for Luis) I'm also not taking into consideration that Lance is probably going to be an all star this year.

(I have a feeling that you are just saying this to grind my gears I really hope you don't believe that )
    oh yes I should have put that in green. I must have "forgot". I like that no one is even trying to debate this. Friggin love Lance

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe I'll let Frank worry about this as I'm quite sure he knows more about coaching an NBA team than I do.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    27-6. I think they have a nice formula.
    Tweaking the minutes each player gets slightly isn't changing the formula.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

What? Lance is averaging 13, 6.5 and 5 while shooting .493% DG is at 8.9, 3.3 and 1 while shooting a whooping .359% not even close.

Now lets see your other claim, Dwest is averaging 12.6, 6.6 and 3.2 and his shooting % is at .466%, Scola is at 8.4, 5, .8 and is shooting .518%(second highest on the team?)

Note that I'm not even taking into consideration minutes played (21mpg for DG and 18 for Luis) I'm also not taking into consideration that Lance is probably going to be an all star this year.
    Aren't you the guy who says stats are for people who don't watch the games?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Because David West should be playing 30mpg.

One of the pacers formulas for success is the wear you down beat you up style of play. David west puts the power in forward. He bumps, he grinds, he trash talks, he sets hard picks, you cant move him and if he touches you your moving. That type of player wears you down to the point your legs feel heavier and your pissed off. His stats do not show what he actualy does on the court. There is a reason why every team hangs with us until halftime then we drop the hammer on them. Because just as we are warming up they are hitting the wall.

While scola is a amazing player he is one dimensional. His post play and 15 footer are unbeliveable and trust me I would like to watch that ALL GAME but he does not bring the intangibles that the starting unit needs. It would also lead to Hibbert being in foul trouble every game.

Right now he fits in perfect in perfect with the second unit. Its a run the ball down the court and score the ball which he is good at. The slow it down grind it out pace doesnt fit his game.

Sports Logo

He should get at least 20 minutes, I don't understand Vogel he takes minutes from the young guys and refuses to take minutes from the older one weird.
    He really doesn't take away minutes from the young guys. If anything, he is overplaying our young players. PG is averaging 36.5 MPG while Lance is averaging 35.2 MPG.

Scola is averaging 18.3 MPG while West is averaging 30.2 MPG. I want to see a 28/20 split as well but let's not act like the difference is big. We're only talking about 2 minutes here.

That said, Scola should have played more yesterday. 14 minutes are too few for a player like him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

If there is one thing Frank really needs to improve on, it is his rotation and substitutions.

If basketball were just an abstract idea played on pieces of paper and ran by math, sure having a set number of minutes would be a good thing. However, it just isn't. It is played by human beings against other human beings in an arena with 10s of 1000s of other human beings, and humans just aren't a perfect science. It is just baffling to me when someone is having an extremely hot shooting streak and Frank pulls them.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    He really doesn't take away minutes from the young guys. If anything, he is overplaying our young players. PG is averaging 36.5 MPG while Lance is averaging 35.2 MPG.

Scola is averaging 18.3 MPG while West is averaging 30.2 MPG. I want to see a 28/20 split as well but let's not act like the difference is big. We're only talking about 2 minutes here.

That said, Scola should have played more yesterday. 14 minutes are too few for a player like him.
    Exactly. Do I think he should play more? Yes. Much more? No. Ideally he'd get a few more minutes, but I do not think it is too few.