Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

Banned

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. But in my defense I just watched it almost frame by frame
    Lebron was on his way to intercept it he knew the play, PG doesn't make the cut and Lebron gets a pass by Hill, either way I don't blame the loss on that last play, West doesn't miss an almost layup and we win the game, Hibbert plays better than Ian and we win the game, Hill plays better than the scrub of Chalmers and we win the game, we have Danny Granger and we win the game

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No no I just re watched in slow motion. If Paul would have run the play as he was supposed to, the pass gets to him. Hill is throwing the ball to a spot. Sort of like a quarterback. Re watching it, I really think PG made the mistake
    LeBron makes the steal if Paul stands where he is supposed to. But I guess that already happened anyway.
    @qandrews9428

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Haha I'm done. You don't blame Vogel for PG mistakes do you?
    Don't let facts get in the way of the hate I suppose

Banned

By the way I'm loving what Butler is giving us, he is making me forget about OJ and Solo

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Great game and predictable. I'd really like to see a game in Miami where its 5 vs 5 and not 5 vs 8. NBA should be ashamed.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Lebron was on his way to intercept it he knew the play, PG doesn't make the cut and Lebron gets a pass by Hill, either way I don't blame the loss on that last play, West doesn't miss an almost layup and we win the game, Hibbert plays better than Ian and we win the game, Hill plays better than the scrub of Chalmers and we win the game, we have Danny Granger and we win the game
    I'm glad that you are coming around to our way of thinking
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Great game and predictable. I'd really like to see a game in Miami where its 5 vs 5 and not 5 vs 8. NBA should be ashamed.
    I knew that TagAlong was going to hit a 3pt shot like that at the end of the game. He has a tendency to hit really critical 3pt shots at the end of games.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

No no I just re watched in slow motion. If Paul would have run the play as he was supposed to, the pass gets to him. Hill is throwing the ball to a spot. Sort of like a quarterback. Re watching it, I really think PG made the mistake
    Hill's reaction on the court, and for an extended period, sure seemed to be him pointing out PG did something wrong or unexpected anyway.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

I'm sure I missed something... Maybe someone can help me here. Hill throws the ball away to LeBron. Paul fouls him... Allen ends up on the line to shoot the free throws? What did I miss?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a really tough loss to swallow. We were well up midway through the 3rd quarter, got out the office to run an errand and when I got back, we were only up 4 points. g Rough start to my day at work. S*&t!

Refs had nothing to do with this. bad calls get called everywhere. I thought their calls were even in our favor at the start of the game. Remember Bosh's 2 quick fouls in the first quarter?

Turnovers are a big part of the problem. Always have been. They gotta quit making careless passes out there. Gotta stop thinking they could make a comeback at the half. It just does not always work.

Guess its time to come down from cloud 9 and re-group.

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    I'm sure I missed something... Maybe someone can help me here. Hill throws the ball away to LeBron. Paul fouls him... Allen ends up on the line to shoot the free throws? What did I miss?
    Pacers had a foul to give at that point.
    @qandrews9428

14. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    Heat got ball out of bounds after Lebron was fouled....

Heat inbounded to Allen (and honestly the Pacers didn't really look ready for the inbounds truth be known and allowed Allen to get it rather easily).

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Thanks. I never saw the next inbounds play then. I was probably finishing up the sew job on my Joey Crawford VooDoo doll...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Mood

I am glad Paul cussed that POS ref out as he jogged off the court... I hate Joey Crawford... Am I gonna get fined now?

If the NBA allowed teams to veto one ref and they not have to deal with him all season I wonder how many teams would pick Crawford. I could see it being as high as 29

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    4-4 since the 16-1 start. Anyone think we'll win 70 now? Or even 60?
    Using the past 8 games to predict the next 57 games while ignoring the first 17 games... interesting math you have there

Yeah I think they'll win 60 games. 3 of those 4 losses are Miami, OKC and Portland all on the road. Since we don't play Miami, OKC and Portland on the road for the next 37 percent of our games, I think we'll be ok.

We are still on pace for a 65 win record. I don't think we'll hit that but if we stay healthy I think we'll hit 60.

That was a tough loss, we had a lot of bad breaks and made some mistakes down the stretch yet we dominated 2/3 of the game and lost by a few points at Miami, after beating them at home last week.

Sucks hard because of my white-hot intense hatred of the Heat. But it's not time to start freaking out either.

I'm still more down on that Detroit loss than this loss.
    Why? Because we won at home against the Heat. We led this game nearly the entire time at their place. They didn't win going away. We should be able to tweak some things for the next one and fix some issues that hurt us down the stretch. Winning there is never going to be easy but we showed last season we can win there and this game showed we're still in their class. But we also showed last season what a game 7 on their court could be like...

Take care of games like the Detroit game and that goes a long way to seeing to it that a game 7 is on our own court.

That's why the Detroit loss at home bothers me more than a close Miami loss on the road.

------

-John Wooden

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

owl

I think very few NBA players get away with doing what Lebron did there.

If the 2nd last pacers play was meant to have PG catching it in the corner, it seems a strange play to draw up given we were only down 1.
    It made more sense what PG was doing, having gotten seperation from Lebron on the screen and then cutting along the baseline.
    I'm generally a fan of George Hill but I can't help but feel that a more natural point guard (or maybe Lance) would be able to adjust to the fact that PG had started to cut because Lebron wasn't far behind him.

Oh well. Maybe next time the Pacers will play smarter.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyfire For This Useful Post:

I have not read all the posts in the thread but I didn't hate Vogels play call on the next to last posession. Isolating PG on the wing against the Heat is not going to be a consistently positive scenario until George figures out how to beat the aggresive double team. The Pacers will continue to need to manufacture something where PG can catch the ball on the move and have some space. IMO even a true one-on-one isolation for PG against Lebron is not a good option. The officials are rarely going to blow the whistle in that situation and Lebron knows it so he will play it very close and very physical.

As Collins pointed out the key to the play was getting Lebron picked. When that didn't happen PG and GH needed to make a couple of basic adjustments that just didn't happen. Not really a bad play call but poor execution. Pretty much a continuation of the Pacers entire 4th quarter.

Even though he missed the previous "bunny" the one option I would have definately preferred would have been a quick ball reversal where West catches it at the elbow. He can hurt the Heat in a lot of ways from that spot and when he touches the ball there it instantly puts the Heat defense on its heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    If the NBA allowed teams to veto one ref and they not have to deal with him all season I wonder how many teams would pick Crawford. I could see it being as high as 29
    I think more would veto Violet Palmer or Bennett Salvatore.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Miami knows all of our iso plays. They aren't going to let us run those at the end of the game. Hello Frank!!!!???? We come down and we have only one option to enter the ball. Four guys standing. Pitiful.
    And everyone who ever played junior league basketball knows that our passing is pathetic. CJ, West, PG, Hill look right at the guy they are passing to and then throw a lazy pass. Like they think the opposition should allow us to complete that pass out of respect or something. Their asses should be ripped in a film session but they won't. They're professionals so we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.
    Lead a game for 47 minutes and just give it away. Give Miami credit for their defense and clutch shooting but that happened because of Pacer ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    Pitiful.
    What's really pitiful is the knee-jerk reactions all over this board. 20-5. Yeah - that's just pitiful. I swear, people would be upset if this team went 81-1.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I see a 14 point lead and a lead carried for most of the game where bad calls was made to often and whistles not blown on the trailing team. I'm not saying the last 3 minutes was referred bad, the damage had already been done. West getting fouled up on a phantom foul. Miami pushing our guys in center court to cause a TO. Bosh going over the back and touching West head with no call but it was called on Pacers at the other end. James running out of bounds as Joey clearly watched him do it. I can go on and on, but the Pacers should have been up 20+ but the refs was determined to swing that momentum till the Heat had the opportunity to play for themselves and close out the game. I have watched so many games over the years and I can't believe the refs continue to allow the pushing on our guys when playing the Heat. The Heat play dirty and the refs ignore 90% of it. Paul got his body rotated during a jump shot, Hill got pushed driving to the basket and passed to Paul in the last seconds of the game. The Pacers had a chance to win, but that chance should not have been there. The Pacers should have had a double digit win.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 12-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    What's really pitiful is the knee-jerk reactions all over this board. 20-5. Yeah - that's just pitiful. I swear, people would be upset if this team went 81-1.
    Pitiful is referring to our play selection at the end of the game vs the quickest defensive team in the league. Yes, that was pitiful. Losing the game wasn't pitiful. The WAY the Pacers lost? Yes, it was.